Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Ye Olde setlist game V_27

Post by Dylan »

it's back bitches. i figured since we're talking about it in the Chuck thread, and it doesn't really fit in that thread, here's a better place for it.

this is the most realistic set i can see them playing at the next set of shows after Deryck gets recoup'd. i did not include any songs that i KNOW they aren't gonna play (i.e non-singles, and "fan favourites" because honestly, the fans are in delusion...)

Reason to Believe
Skumfuck
We're All to Blame
Over my Head
Screaming Bloody Murder
The Hell Song
Underclass Hero
Motivation + 88 (that shitty half outro thing they do)
Baby you Don't wanna know
A Dark Road Out of Hell / Sick of Everyone <- for nights when they're lazy fucks
Blood in my Eyes
Walking Disaster
In too Deep
Makes no Difference / Still Waiting
Back Where i Belong

Encore:
Pieces/ Crash
Fat Lip
Pain for Pleasure

the opener of R2B, and Sucmfuck can't be beat. All to Blame and over my head continue the fast pace, energy driven songs. SBM comes and it starts slower and ends slower to ease into Hell song. then we get a litter punk atmosphere with UH and Motivation. they get a little heavier with the "88 outro", but go into their hit single (LOL) Baby you don't Wanna Know. then depends if they're feeling ambitious they can play the whole suite of Dark Road, or just Sick of Everyone if they're lazy. i think we could hear Blood in my Eyes next, followed by another dose of pop punk with Walking Disaster, In too Deep and possibly makes no difference. Back where i belong makes a good "last" song.

encore. just Deryck on Piano for Crash, or a piano/guitar hybrid of Pieces. then they're trademark Fat Lip/P4P ending.

honestly, if i had my way i would pick a better setlist for them to play. but this is the reality i think most of us will face.

this set would be about 70 minuets if they played the whole DROOH, if they don't play the whole thing they could probably add in another song. i wish they'd drop Still Waiting, and Walking Disaster but i don't think they will. they should at least rotate a couple. maybe throw in a surprise or two like No Brains or No Reason. but i think Pieces and Makes no Difference would be surprise enough.

i do wish they would play more, but i can't seem them straying too far from the sets they've been playing recently.

PS. i don't care if they have "metal Mayhem" or not, its just two minuets get over it, they're having fun. yes it could be replaced by a whole other song, who cares. this is sum 41, they "DON'T GIVE A FUCK".

your thoughts?
Last edited by Dylan on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Ye Old setlist game V_27

Post by Gregorovich »

Makes sense. We'll just have to wait and see. Pity there's absolutely nothing we can do about the band's mediocre setlist choices.
fuck this signature nonsense
Zalex09

Re: Ye Olde setlist game V_27

Post by Zalex09 »

2712 wrote: i wish they'd drop Still Waiting
whaaaaaaaat
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Zalex09 wrote:
whaaaaaaaat
there's enough dark songs in the set already. i'd rather see another lighter song like Makes no Difference take precedent over Still Waiting. or at least rotate it with Walk Disaster. Still Waiting > Walking Disaster, but they both could be replaced every once in a while.

Follow me on Twitter!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

^ what he said.

damn double post hiccup
Last edited by Dylan on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I guess it is the most realistic that it gets, though they never gonna replace Still Waiting in their set and honestly, I don't want them to. It's a classic. Like Fat Lip, I haven't listened to the song on my MP3 player or PC fully for some time now, but when I'll finally get to see them live, I want to hear these songs!

I agree that they should rotate Crash with Pieces, I mean they said they're working on Crash on soundchecks to rehearse it for future shows so that'll be awesome, and from live videos I saw of Baby You Don't Wanna Know it's pretty good live, and considering it's their new single they should play it in every show now (considering they're promoting it right now). I think they should save like a surprise spot for a song.. a spot that they'll rotate a different song every show or every few shows, at least when Deryck isn't too drunk and into playing one additional song, and just play either Mr. Amsterdam, No Brains, No Reason or even Jessica Kill!
You know, they have been doing so for a while now, playing No Reason here and there randomly, and Mr. Amsterdam was permanent in the pre-release European tour so they should sometimes bring it back as well, and No Brains too.. I think the last time it was played was on the Eastpak tour and we all know that No Brains is a big fans favorite. Jessica Kill is just a very cool song and all this talking about this song before the release and all, I was sure it'll be one of the songs they'll play live every time even before it was released.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

2712 wrote:
Zalex09 wrote:
whaaaaaaaat
there's enough dark songs in the set already. i'd rather see another lighter song like Makes no Difference take precedent over Still Waiting. or at least rotate it with Walk Disaster. Still Waiting > Walking Disaster, but they both could be replaced every once in a while.

Well it is a Dark Album so Dark Songs would fit this Tour.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

I think they should rotate Time For You To Go with Baby You Dont Wanna Know every now and then
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Vash15 »

Wish they'd throw in Jessica Kill, maybe rotate it BWIB or BIME.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

SBMurder wrote:
2712 wrote:
Zalex09 wrote:
whaaaaaaaat

yes. "Screaming Bloody Murder" is a dark album, therefore if they are to play any dark songs, i'd rather them play dark songs from SBM. Also, just because their current album has a dark vibe, doesn't mean the concert should be 100% angry and dark. Thats why i put the two periods of "pop punk" in that set, it helps even out the overal mood. though i know the band likes playing Still Waiting, so they probably won't drop it to soon.

Actually now that i think about it, they should have another one of their current songs, either Jessica Kill, SBM, Blood in My Eyes, in the encore. and have another "wildcard" song to replace that song earlier in the set. wishful thinking.

Follow me on Twitter!
KingofBillySpleen
First name: Jared
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Vocals
Last.fm Username: None

Post by KingofBillySpleen »

Reason To Believe
Skumfuk
We're All To Blame
Screaming Bloody Murder
Holy Image Of Lies
Sick Of Everyone
Happiness Machines
Walking Disaster
Baby, You Don't Wanna Know
King Of Contradiction/Welcome To Hell
In Too Deep/Motivation
Makes No Difference
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
Count Your Last Blessings
Theres No Solution
The Jester
March Of The Dogs
Back Where I Belong/Blood In My Eyes
Encore
Fat Lip
Still Waiting
Mr. Amsterdam
No Brains
Encore 2
Intro+No Reason
Angels With Dirty Faces
My Direction
Some Say
Pieces
Exit Song

Greatest Setlist Ever!!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

KingofBillySpleen wrote:Encore 2
My Direction

Greatest Setlist Ever!!
You serious? We would wait all the way to the exciting encore #2, and to find the motherfucking My Direction there?
Come on!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
KingofBillySpleen wrote:Encore 2
My Direction

Greatest Setlist Ever!!
You serious? We would wait all the way to the exciting encore #2, and to find the motherfucking My Direction there?
Come on!
:hehe:
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

2712 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
2712 wrote:
Zalex09 wrote:
whaaaaaaaat

yes. "Screaming Bloody Murder" is a dark album, therefore if they are to play any dark songs, i'd rather them play dark songs from SBM. Also, just because their current album has a dark vibe, doesn't mean the concert should be 100% angry and dark. Thats why i put the two periods of "pop punk" in that set, it helps even out the overal mood. though i know the band likes playing Still Waiting, so they probably won't drop it to soon.

Actually now that i think about it, they should have another one of their current songs, either Jessica Kill, SBM, Blood in My Eyes, in the encore. and have another "wildcard" song to replace that song earlier in the set. wishful thinking.

I dont know. I just heard about people complain about how they go from a heavy Song to a very light and soft Song. It kinda changes the Mood of the concert. Like everyone wants to hear pieces but they have to put those kind of songs in at the right time like for an encore Song and not play it in the Middle of the Setlist
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

I think it would be cool for them to every few shows just play a rare live track, especially from HHOP or All Killer just cos we always get the same ones (machine gun/ makes no difference, fat lip, motivation, in to deep) and it's nice for the long term for sentimental fans! Considering the perfect pop punk riff and energy of the song apart from the real early days i'm surprised how underused What I believe is, one of the few album tracks i don't beleive you can even find a live youtube video of...
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Vash15 »

That would take a lot of rehearsal for a song they'd play only once or twice a tour
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Plus, they are lazy so I don't think they will rehearse any more new songs for this tour unless it's SBM songs they're saving playing for later (like Crash, and hopefully Jessica Kill) but I don't think they'd be up to rehearsing songs from HHOP or whatever.