Deryck's hurt his back AGAIN!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Deryck's back AGAIN

Post by FuckT41182 »

haha, who gives a fuck anyway ? I have already seen them 3 times and I have no urge to go once again ....
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Saw this message & hashtag from the TNS twitter. Let's all trend #GetWellSoonDeryck
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:haha, who gives a fuck anyway ? I have already seen them 3 times and I have no urge to go once again ....
:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I don't get why are you still so worried about his health ? he will have his back hurt for another 50 thousand times if he won't stop underestimating it, and obviously, the problem with his back isn't so bad, Tom Delonge has been through much bigger pains and now he can perform his gay dancing with AVA everyday, all that Deryck needs to do is take a rest or see some doctor that will fix him up ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

the unluckiest man in pop punk
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

this is pretty much a year since that they had to cancel because of his back last time.

http://www.facebook.com/Sum41/posts/137572992947044

http://www.sum41.com/blog_d.aspx?nid=7651
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Mothafucking Monster wrote:I don't feel bad for Deryck so much as the fans. If you're in a touring band, and you set up shows, you should play them. Why can't Deryck play those shows with a messed up back? He doesn't necessarily need to move around much, or to even stand if he doesn't want to. He could sit in a fucking chair on stage for an hour for all I care.

I feel like they could also change up the set so that it's a bit slower and lighter if that was necessary. The point is, it's disappointing that he can't tour regardless. They shouldn't set up so many shows if they can't make it through the entire tour.
It's properly more to do with the pain than anything else.
[donate][/donate]
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

God dammit!
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

SumGeek wrote:
Mothafucking Monster wrote:Why can't Deryck play those shows with a messed up back? He doesn't necessarily need to move around much, or to even stand if he doesn't want to. He could sit in a fucking chair on stage for an hour for all I care.
Well, I do believe last year when this happened for the second time, Deryck did continue to play other shows but now I guess from him not taking care of the injury properly and still playing shows, it has worsened to the point where now they really do have to make sure Deryck takes time off.
I don't really watch their shows, but I know they used to jump whenever they played fat lip and stuff. I mean, if they were really worried about his back, they could have him settle down and just stand there at the mic and sing. I don't see the problem in that. It wouldn't be the best show, but it would at least be a show, rather than a cancellation. He doesn't need to play guitar, either... he could just literally stand there without a guitar, just stand at the mic and sing like a Jesse Lacey statue.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Mothafucking Monster wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Mothafucking Monster wrote:Why can't Deryck play those shows with a messed up back? He doesn't necessarily need to move around much, or to even stand if he doesn't want to. He could sit in a fucking chair on stage for an hour for all I care.
Well, I do believe last year when this happened for the second time, Deryck did continue to play other shows but now I guess from him not taking care of the injury properly and still playing shows, it has worsened to the point where now they really do have to make sure Deryck takes time off.
I don't really watch their shows, but I know they used to jump whenever they played fat lip and stuff. I mean, if they were really worried about his back, they could have him settle down and just stand there at the mic and sing. I don't see the problem in that. It wouldn't be the best show, but it would at least be a show, rather than a cancellation. He doesn't need to play guitar, either... he could just literally stand there without a guitar, just stand at the mic and sing like a Jesse Lacey statue.
Yeah, i've noticed that. But even in the Chuck era, I didn't see Deryck jump at all during Fat Lip. I see your point. I just think Deryck would rather give his all to the shows knowing that's what the fans would expect of him. I think I'd rather him rest up and have him feel better knowing he's ready to play shows, you know? Knowing that he's not in pain and enjoying the show too, just as much as the crowd.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

we don't even know the extent of his injury, maybe he cant even walk?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Mothafucking Monster wrote:

They Haven't Jumped during Fat lip on a regular Basis since B4 the Chuck Era
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

2712 wrote:we don't even know the extent of his injury, maybe he cant even walk?
You'd think after the 3rd time injuring his back, this would be the case! let's hope it's not too serious.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

SumGeek wrote:
2712 wrote:we don't even know the extent of his injury, maybe he cant even walk?
You'd think after the 3rd time injuring his back, this would be the case! let's hope it's not too serious.
I may Be wrong but wasn't he In a WheelChair after his injury in 2007 for a bit?
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Hope he gets better soon, but thank goodness they didn't do a USA tour, cause if one of the shows were canceled I would flip a shit!!!
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I haven't even seen them once :sosad:
Hexidecimal
First name: Kevin
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Keys

Post by Hexidecimal »

lol. he slipped a disc before, have any of you had that happen? It can be painful enough that you're paralyzed with it (this requires an annoying surgery).

But once you're treated with either physical therapy and maybe learn some exercises you can jump around all you want, hell after the surgery you can go running after 3 weeks.

But deryck isn't that responsible while on tour, so none of that would happen.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

This man needs to eat his greens and drink more milk.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

He is pretty fucking weak actually. Horrible posture and doesn't pay any attention to his health.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Maybe if they put again this in their setlist, this "back injury story" will finish...
No seriously, for me they have to take a long break : Deryck looks like shit these days,he needs to stop, take care of himself and then come back as new. I'm sorry for the fans especially who never saw them live, but his health is more important than everything.
I'm my worst enemy