Baby you don't wanna know video is out !

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Re: Baby you don't wanna know video is out !

Post by stevo32 »

ptido wrote:Of course they could have try to do something a bit more original but I don't think they had the time to think and organize it, especially since they probably didn't have the time to talk about it with the crew who shot the video.

Don't say this is another tour update, the tour updates were random videos, you could see funny things, you could see the crowd... well it was just update.

Here you can see they tried to shoot it correctly and the edit is nice. In other words, it's a live/tour music video, but it's well done. We couldn't really expect something better from this video...
I agree, maybe the only thing they could have done is play the song live like in the over my head one.
I don't know waht to think about the label thing : i mean every band have videos for their songs, also bands with low budget and that aren't signed under a major. So for me if they really want to make a video, they can do it without any problem.
I'm my worst enemy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

stevo32 wrote:
ptido wrote:Of course they could have try to do something a bit more original but I don't think they had the time to think and organize it, especially since they probably didn't have the time to talk about it with the crew who shot the video.

Don't say this is another tour update, the tour updates were random videos, you could see funny things, you could see the crowd... well it was just update.

Here you can see they tried to shoot it correctly and the edit is nice. In other words, it's a live/tour music video, but it's well done. We couldn't really expect something better from this video...
I agree, maybe the only thing they could have done is play the song live like in the over my head one.
I don't know waht to think about the label thing : i mean every band have videos for their songs, also bands with low budget and that aren't signed under a major. So for me if they really want to make a video, they can do it without any problem.
But Sum 41 have been effectively completely cut off. They have to do promotion out of their own pockets now - not even low-budget labels do that to their artists.
fuck this signature nonsense
stevo32
Billy Spleen

Post by stevo32 »

Gregorovich wrote:
stevo32 wrote:

But Sum 41 have been effectively completely cut off. They have to do promotion out of their own pockets now - not even low-budget labels do that to their artists.
But if a band is under contract how can a label cut them off ? Why ? It doesn't make sense, because if the band lose the label lose; there's no logic in this situation.
I'm my worst enemy
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

stevo32 wrote: I don't know waht to think about the label thing : i mean every band have videos for their songs, also bands with low budget and that aren't signed under a major. So for me if they really want to make a video, they can do it without any problem.
Bands not very famous on an indie label really need promotion, and needs good music video. That's why these indie label give money for the music video. Concerning Sum, the label considers that they can sell CDs without music video, so they don't give any money for the video.

It just depends of bands.

But well,I admit even with a low budget they could have done something who looks more like a music video, but I as I said they probably couldn't spend time for it.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Uploading this to TNS Media server for those that can't access it.
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

stevo32 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
stevo32 wrote:

But if a band is under contract how can a label cut them off ? Why ? It doesn't make sense, because if the band lose the label lose; there's no logic in this situation.
huh? if they don't spend any money, they don't lose any money. Sum 41 doesn't make the label as much money as they used to, which is why the label is reluctant to invest money into them. they have far bigger artists than Sum 41 to worry about/make money from.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

great, random stuff from the tour that could have been in any one of the videos
and just one reference to the song

to say they could have done 1000 times better is an understatement
stevo32
Billy Spleen

Post by stevo32 »

Bobbyjames wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
stevo32 wrote:

huh? if they don't spend any money, they don't lose any money. Sum 41 doesn't make the label as much money as they used to, which is why the label is reluctant to invest money into them. they have far bigger artists than Sum 41 to worry about/make money from.
They can invest less money, but not nothing. It's not normal that a band under a major pay for having a music video. I hope they can do something better for BIME.
I'm my worst enemy
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Gregorovich wrote:But Sum 41 have been effectively completely cut off. They have to do promotion out of their own pockets now - not even low-budget labels do that to their artists.
Island did give them a fair share of promotion during UH with three videos and stuff... They didn't manage to do every well then even with the Island's help. And i don't think them walking around basically saying "Fuck Island!" is helping their case.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

stevo32 wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
stevo32 wrote:

They can invest less money, but not nothing. It's not normal that a band under a major pay for having a music video. I hope they can do something better for BIME.
they have invested money though, by recording an album. there's still some promotion with the new album. they just obviously don't want to plough a fair chunk of money into music videos.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I think they put a fair amount into the SBM video, but when that didn't turn out the way the band/label wanted, that was the end of music video funding.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Island could quite easily focus on Sum 41 and make a shitload of money out of them. Mainstream kids will buy whatever is played on their TV. The thing is they really really really don't like Deryck any more, or the band because of that, so they aren't gonna give them any extra help. And Deryck no longer gives a shit about being big so it doesn't matter.
Last edited by Tyler. on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

exactly, Sum 41 aren't going to sit around and let Island turn them into the next Green Day.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

it is stupid to even think about a possibility that Sum 41 would become some kind of a money machine for IR, they were something of that kind years ago, and since then, IR got plenty of other musicians to make them money, musicians who will do anything IR tells them, musicians who will show tits or ass when it is needed, leak their images from bathrooms when it is needed and so on ...

IR are motherfuckers, but they do know how the pop music industry works and they certainly know what the money making process requires, it requires people who are willing to change into tools, and Sum 41 are no longer people who listen to their label, they do what they want
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I'm glad they've never been record company whores. They got famous through AKNF cos it was fun, they made the music how they wanted, it wasn't to satisfy any market. And they continued every album to do whatever they wanted. I think they've had a good run.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Duh IR has Justin Biebarrr
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

AKNF was just a right album at the right time, that's what pushed Sum 41 into the mainstream.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

They coulda easily turned SBM into some emo thing and made like 10 times the money from it, but yeah, they don't like the band.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Well if everything you guys are saying is true then i don't see why we have any reason to complain. i would much rather the sums not be sell outs rather than kiss ass to IR and get a music video or two out of it.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

well I knew there had to be at least one scene of Deryck with some random groupie. To me the videos was just a longer tour update, nice quality, but nothing special.