Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Sum 41 "Don't try this at home"

Post by Tyler. »

I'm glad they got rid of the Gil guy.

There's no reason for a producer if you can do it yourself. In my opinion it can ruin the music, with someone elses opinion and way of making a record it doesn't become just the bands music any more. I think Deryck got exactly what he wanted out of the record and that's much better than what it would've been if the other guy stayed.

I hate the whole argument that bands should have an 'outside opinion' on their music? It just seems messed up to me. You're meant to make your own record, not one that has other peoples opinions on it before it's even been finished.
Last edited by Tyler. on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I'm all for doing it yourself if you're really good at it, but unfortunatly Deryck isn't a very good producer.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I thought this was alright, I thought it would be more of "in the moment" type of documentary than a retrospective kind. I can understand some of the reason behind all the partying footage. The whole thing came off to me as Deryck's remedy to the divorce and now I see why Matt and Todd really like the new album too. :silly:
cladam41 wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Shelley41! wrote:
Filespit wrote:3 minutes in... Deryck smokes!?
It kind of looked like he was being photographed for some photoshoot I think. Wasn't that clear, though.
he smokes.
in moderation
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

Emil wrote:I'm all for doing it yourself if you're really good at it, but unfortunatly Deryck isn't a very good producer.
i don't think the producer has necessarily something to do with the commercial succes of an album.
for example:
2002 Does this look infected? - produced by greig nori - US Peak: #32 - Sales: 500.000+ - Certification: Gold
2007 Underclass Hero - produced by deryck whibley - US Peak: #7 - Sales: 183.638 - Certification: -
(Information by Wikipedia :devious: )

so uh sold less records but peaked higher. as the cd sales decrease from year to year, i would say Underclass Hero was actually a succes, because other bands also sold less records in 2007.
i think deryck does a good job as a producer but as i'm no expert i can't really judge it :silly:
...however, this doesn't change that screaming bloody murder wasn't a commercial succes.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

MachineGun wrote: so uh sold less records but peaked higher. as the cd sales decrease from year to year, i would say Underclass Hero was actually a succes, because other bands also sold less records in 2007.
i think deryck does a good job as a producer but as i'm no expert i can't really judge it :silly:
...however, this doesn't change that screaming bloody murder wasn't a commercial succes.

Sales only go down cause people are lazy and just download the Music today
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I've been gone for a week, watching... now
MachineGun
First name: Sascha

Post by MachineGun »

SBMurder wrote:
MachineGun wrote: so uh sold less records but peaked higher. as the cd sales decrease from year to year, i would say Underclass Hero was actually a succes, because other bands also sold less records in 2007.

Sales only go down cause people are lazy and just download the Music today
but not legal. i would like to see the number of illegal downloads of screaming bloody murder in addition to the sales or legal downloads. i bet it's higher. every band has that problem, so who can say that 185000 sales in 2007 aren't good ? uh peaked at #7 so it can't be bad :D
Last edited by MachineGun on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

Can someone rip it and up it for everybody?
I want to have it on my PC with all my Sum 41 stuff collection where I keep the UH making of, etc.
ja

Post by ja »

Hentaiman wrote:Can someone rip it and up it for everybody?
I want to have it on my PC with all my Sum 41 stuff collection where I keep the UH making of, etc.
I am uploading it to Sum41.cz soon so I will post it here as well if noone does that sooner.
ja

Post by ja »

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KON8R9KK
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KRBVBMV
pass: gdtorrent.com