Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Re: Deryck's Top 10 songs to play live

Post by stevo32 »

espinozac182 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I find it weird how In Too Deep is on that list given what Deryck himself said about it in the past about how much they hated playing it live or how they got sick of it.
espinozac182 wrote:i can't wait to hear the live version of "Blood In My Eyes". :ohshiz:
Me too. I want to see Deryck play some riffz!
i wanna see that too! but i feel like tom is gonna be taking those during the live shows :blush:
No i think they'll both play that epic riff : blood in my eys live will be be a bomb, can't wait !
Last edited by stevo32 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm my worst enemy
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Mr. Amsterdam ftw, it was so fucking awesome live..
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
drummerlikestevo
Billy Spleen
First name: Lex

Post by drummerlikestevo »

TomiT14 wrote:I'm actually surprised My Direction isn't up there. Why the fuck they keep playing it then? :glad:

There's a specific reason why they don't play No Reason that often. I'm not sure what that reason is, but I'm guessing the vocals aren't easy for Deryck's voice.
this is true, we had a conversation about it. it's hard on vocals, which kinda makes me less hopeful jessica kill will be played frequently if at all.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

drummerlikestevo wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:I'm actually surprised My Direction isn't up there. Why the fuck they keep playing it then? :glad:

There's a specific reason why they don't play No Reason that often. I'm not sure what that reason is, but I'm guessing the vocals aren't easy for Deryck's voice.
this is true, we had a conversation about it. it's hard on vocals, which kinda makes me less hopeful jessica kill will be played frequently if at all.
Yeah, I've thought that aswell. I'm afraid it will be one of those songs that are played only few times this summer, and then forgotten for good. :sosad:
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I think Jessica Kill will be played as frequently as SBM on the European Tour since it's favourite song from SBM of all members. Maybe it will depend on response from a crowd.
Last edited by gejmik on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I think it would be a good time to bring Lex's setlist thread back up now that we've heard the new album. What kind of setlists do you guys think they will have on upcoming world tour?
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

this, it wasn't a single or anything was it? they could easily replace it with something else. if they're not going to change up the setlist a whole lot for the SBM Tour then they should definitely take out My Direction and put in a song from SBM instead.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Switch Motivation and In Too Deep against Thanks For Nothing and No Brains! BINGO!
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I'd say that's a pretty good list and some of The Sums' best work. Although, I wouldn't put Skumfuk that high, and The Hell Song and Still Waiting should be higher in the list. No Reason deserves the spot it's in. Definately a great opener for a show live and the intro makes it even better!
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

They need to cut the chord with Fat Lip and In Too Deep, they made those songs TEN YEARS AGO, most bands stop playing their breakout singles 3-4 years after it released, hell, the Beastie Boys havent played Fight for Your Right since 1988. its cool to play it at big shows for reunions but Jesus they play it EVERY SHOW
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Pocket Monkey wrote:They need to cut the chord with Fat Lip and In Too Deep, they made those songs TEN YEARS AGO, most bands stop playing their breakout singles 3-4 years after it released, hell, the Beastie Boys havent played Fight for Your Right since 1988. its cool to play it at big shows for reunions but Jesus they play it EVERY SHOW
there's a difference though... Sum 41 LIKE playing Fat Lip and In Too Deep, Beastie Boys HATED Fight for your Right.

Even Rush still play Tom Sawyer and that was 30 years ago. hell, lets go even further back to Fly By Night which was back in 1975.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Pocket Monkey wrote:They need to cut the chord with Fat Lip and In Too Deep, they made those songs TEN YEARS AGO, most bands stop playing their breakout singles 3-4 years after it released, hell, the Beastie Boys havent played Fight for Your Right since 1988. its cool to play it at big shows for reunions but Jesus they play it EVERY SHOW
No, they're two of their best live and recorded songs. They should definitely not stop playing them. It's the same as blink still playing carousel and dammit, Carousel is like 18 years old, and I guess like In Too Deep they stopped playing it for a while in the Untitled Tour.

And the Sums have got the whole "we're back, fuck you" or some shit going on, so it's like their tours now are Sum 41 reuniting themselves with the world :P
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

There will never be a full Sum 41 set that doesn't include Fat Lip. Its more of an oddity that some bands don't play their breakout singles anymore because MOST bands always do.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

espinozac182 wrote:
for the fans!
it's like when deryck hated playing In Too Deep live. he knows the fans love it.
how unselfish of him :happy:
I'm fairly sure most fans couldn't care less if the removed that song, some might even be very happy.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

The one's that haven't seen it live would be happy, because it's better than most of their songs live lol.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

I wouldn't be happy if they cut Fat Lip and In Too Deep out of their sets. However, I don't see this happening. Especially when they were touring without SBM being released. They needed those in the setlists. They do need to make room for new songs but those are two songs I can always see being played at any Sum 41 show.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I'd remove In Too Deep. When I saw them live, it felt like In too Deep just lacked the punch of the other songs. It's not a bad song, I like it, but it doesn't fit with the heavier songs..
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Has anyone commenting about the songs "fitting in with the heavier songs" etc actually been to a gig? Honestly every gig I've been to not a single person would give a shit about this "mood" and fitting in with the rest of the songs, you just want to hear all the fan favourites and go nuts to them, whether it's a happy, sad, heavy, light song, whatever, which In Too Deep and Fat Lip are. They shouldn't never be removed.
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Tyler. wrote:Has anyone commenting about the songs "fitting in with the heavier songs" etc actually been to a gig? Honestly every gig I've been to not a single person would give a shit about this "mood" and fitting in with the rest of the songs, you just want to hear all the fan favourites and go nuts to them, whether it's a happy, sad, heavy, light song, whatever, which In Too Deep and Fat Lip are. They shouldn't never be removed.