SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Sum 41 Chuck era

Post by SickofEveryone »

UltraKolby wrote:I think they should drop some songs but they should never drop In Too Deep. To me, the Sums not playing in too deep is like Green Day not playing Basket Case. In Too Deep in a fan favorite song and its there 2nd most popular song, it has to be played. Drop songs like My Direction or Underclass Hero
This.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

DeryckW wrote:I want Sum to put an vote on their website with the question "What songs do you wanna see us play next tour?" And the songs with most % will be in the setlist. Maybe 15-20 songs. The tour after SBM-tour would be perfect. If they don't planing on making a new record after that tour.
Dude, if they made a poll like that, the votes would be full of In Too Deep, Still Waiting and Pieces. Except if it was for TNS users only.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:UH (the song) was already dropped I think. Last time they played it on the SBM tour was I think on the US shows in March when the album was released, and Walking Disaster is a ok song, but I guess I wouldn't be too bummed if it was dropped. Plus, it doesn't sound very good live, though I love the song the way it sounds on the album.
Wrong wrong wrong. UH the song has been there all along. Only time it has been dropped have been some of the festivals. But it's always there for the headlining shows.

I think they are making progress. They have already dropped Machine Gun, Makes No Difference, KOC and Welcome To Hell, while Pieces and My Direction are on-and-off (thank God for the latter). Like Cone said in an interview this Summer, the AKNF songs are now fillers in the setlist, so I think they should rotate In Too Deep and Motivation so that they wouldn't always play those songs. Either that, or they should extend their setlists with 3-6 songs.
Really? I don't think they played it in the European shows, even on the headlining shows in France and all... at least I don't remember seeing it on the setlist. But if they still always play UH except for festivals, then it sucks... they should drop it, it's like their failed Fat Lip Pt. II haha, it's not that good and definitely doesn't fit. I think they should rotate Makes No Difference and Motivation or something... cuz Motivation is getting old, and I mean, In Too Deep is a more lovable by fans and all, and Makes No Difference is a classic so they should at least rotate it. My Direction should be fuckin' dropped and never seen again.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:UH (the song) was already dropped I think. Last time they played it on the SBM tour was I think on the US shows in March when the album was released, and Walking Disaster is a ok song, but I guess I wouldn't be too bummed if it was dropped. Plus, it doesn't sound very good live, though I love the song the way it sounds on the album.
Wrong wrong wrong. UH the song has been there all along. Only time it has been dropped have been some of the festivals. But it's always there for the headlining shows.

I think they are making progress. They have already dropped Machine Gun, Makes No Difference, KOC and Welcome To Hell, while Pieces and My Direction are on-and-off (thank God for the latter). Like Cone said in an interview this Summer, the AKNF songs are now fillers in the setlist, so I think they should rotate In Too Deep and Motivation so that they wouldn't always play those songs. Either that, or they should extend their setlists with 3-6 songs.
Really? I don't think they played it in the European shows, even on the headlining shows in France and all... at least I don't remember seeing it on the setlist. But if they still always play UH except for festivals, then it sucks... they should drop it, it's like their failed Fat Lip Pt. II haha, it's not that good and definitely doesn't fit. I think they should rotate Makes No Difference and Motivation or something... cuz Motivation is getting old, and I mean, In Too Deep is a more lovable by fans and all, and Makes No Difference is a classic so they should at least rotate it. My Direction should be fuckin' dropped and never seen again.
They played UH in tilburg, and it's a pretty cool song live. I'd choose this song over ITD any day.
MachineGun
First name: Sascha

Post by MachineGun »

1. Reason To Believe
2. Skumfuk
3. We're All To Blame
4. Walking Disaster
5. Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
6. Makes No Difference / Machine Gun
7. Holy Image Of Lies
8. Sick Of Everyone
9. Happiness Machine
10. Motivation + 88 Ending
11. The Hell Song
12. Welcome To Hell
13. Screaming Bloody Murder
14. King Of Contradiction
15. In Too Deep
16. Baby You Don't Wanna Know
17. Underclass Hero
18. No Brains / Mr. Amsterdam
19. Back Where I Belong
20. Pieces
-----------------Encore---------------
21. Intro + No Reason
22. Blood In My Eyes
23. Still Waiting
---------------Encore 2---------------
24. Fat Lip
25. Pain For Pleasure

i think this would be an amazing setlist. it includes singles, fan favorites, their favorites and a lot of SBM stuff. also they already played each of this songs live, so it would be possible for them to manage this setlist...but they are too lazy.
1 Song HHOP
3 Songs UH
4 Songs AKNF
4 Songs DTLI?
4-5 Songs CHUCK
9 Songs SBM
Last edited by MachineGun on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Really? I don't think they played it in the European shows, even on the headlining shows in France and all... at least I don't remember seeing it on the setlist. But if they still always play UH except for festivals, then it sucks...
Then you didn't look close enough. They have played it in every headlining show since 2007. Even in Europe this Summer.
I personally enjoy the song live. And I like how Deryck shoots water at the crowd during the bridge. Very nice addition to the setlist.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

MachineGun wrote:1. Reason To Believe
2. Skumfuk
3. We're All To Blame
4. Walking Disaster
5. Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
6. Makes No Difference / Machine Gun
7. Holy Image Of Lies
8. Sick Of Everyone
9. Happiness Machine
10. Motivation + 88 Ending
11. The Hell Song
12. Welcome To Hell
13. Screaming Bloody Murder
14. King Of Contradiction
15. In Too Deep
16. Baby You Don't Wanna Know
17. Underclass Hero
18. No Brains / Mr. Amsterdam
19. Back Where I Belong
20. Pieces
-----------------Encore---------------
21. Intro + No Reason
22. Blood In My Eyes
23. Still Waiting
---------------Encore 2---------------
24. Fat Lip
25. Pain For Pleasure

i think this would be an amazing setlist. it includes singles, fan favorites, their favorites and a lot of SBM stuff. also they already played each of this songs live, so it would be possible for them to manage this setlist...but they are too lazy.
1 Song HHOP
3 Songs UH
4 Songs AKNF
4 Songs DTLI?
4-5 Songs CHUCK
9 Songs SBM

I'd be more than okay with this setlist! I hope they have a similar setlist to this with their fall Canadian tour.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Have most of you guys commenting on setlists been to the actual shows? I feel like the only song on Chuck that is fun at the gig is We're All To Blame. The rest just aren't worth the addition. half of AKNF + DTLI with Underclass Hero (the song) makes a great show. Can't comment on SBM songs though.

And even Hell Song is pretty lame, I feel like without Dave they shouldn't play that for some reason lol, have they been playing it on SBM tour?
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Tyler. wrote:Have most of you guys commenting on setlists been to the actual shows? I feel like the only song on Chuck that is fun at the gig is We're All To Blame. The rest just aren't worth the addition. half of AKNF + DTLI with Underclass Hero (the song) makes a great show. Can't comment on SBM songs though.

And even Hell Song is pretty lame, I feel like without Dave they shouldn't play that for some reason lol, have they been playing it on SBM tour?
Everyone likes certain albums/songs more than another person.
No Reason is another fun one from Chuck. Sure Pieces is one of the slower songs on the album but it happens to be my favourite and I love the performances of it.

And yeah, they've been playing The Hell Song while in support of SBM. They played it at the few Warped Tour dates that went down this summer. (To be expected though.)
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Really? I don't think they played it in the European shows, even on the headlining shows in France and all... at least I don't remember seeing it on the setlist. But if they still always play UH except for festivals, then it sucks...
Then you didn't look close enough. They have played it in every headlining show since 2007. Even in Europe this Summer.
I personally enjoy the song live. And I like how Deryck shoots water at the crowd during the bridge. Very nice addition to the setlist.
Underclass Hero is a pretty good song live now but they need to stop with the 20 min bridge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

SumGeek wrote:
No Reason is another fun one from Chuck. Sure Pieces is one of the slower songs on the album but it happens to be my favourite and I love the performances of it.

And yeah, they've been playing The Hell Song while in support of SBM. They played it at the few Warped Tour dates that went down this summer. (To be expected though.)
I think problem is some people don't understand that some songs just don't work live, and some songs they don't like recorded are way better live. Like I don't particularly like UH or listen to it a lot but that song live is easily one of the top 5 on their setlist. When you're there those sorta fun songs create a much better atmosphere for everyone at the show than some Chuck songs that might be better on the records.

My ideal setlist wouldn't have all my faovurite songs, it'd just have all the ones that work best live. And you don't need a set "atmosphere" for the whole setlist, like just because their new album is darker that doesn't mean the whole setlist should be dark songs, that'd be boring as hell.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Tyler. wrote:
SumGeek wrote:

I think problem is some people don't understand that some songs just don't work live, and some songs they don't like recorded are way better live. Like I don't particularly like UH or listen to it a lot but that song live is easily one of the top 5 on their setlist. When you're there those sorta fun songs create a much better atmosphere for everyone at the show than some Chuck songs that might be better on the records.

My ideal setlist wouldn't have all my faovurite songs, it'd just have all the ones that work best live. And you don't need a set "atmosphere" for the whole setlist, like just because their new album is darker that doesn't mean the whole setlist should be dark songs, that'd be boring as hell.
I completely agree with you! It's weird, I actually had this conversation with my sister recently. We have our favourites from a band/artist but the majority of the songs we like to hear live might not even be in our top 5 songs by the said artist. Basically what you just said. It's just to way it's performed, as you said. I think songs like Still Waiting, Fat Lip, In Too Deep ect are those type of songs that work best live and brings in the energy for the set. Only a few of those make my top 5.

I just hope we don't get Metal Mayhem on the upcoming tours. Especially since the next tours would most likely need to consist more of SBM songs.
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Vash15 »

I feel like AKNF songs should be limited to 1 or 2 per show. And to the guy who mentioned the poll, that'd be awesome. I feel like it could be the best shot we have at hearing Noots live. I've always had a bad habit of liking deep tracks far too much, so if I had to make a setlist it would probably end up being in no order:

Noots
Pull the Curtain
I'm Not the One
Angels
Billy Spleen
Thanks For nothing (especially since we never heard it played right)
Jessica Kill
Take a Look At Yourself
Rhythms
Open Your Eyes
Count Your Last Blessings
Subject to Change
Hooch
Always
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Vash15 wrote:Thanks For nothing (especially since we never heard it played right)
It's been played at least once. (Sake Bombs And Happy Endings, HELLO?)
Sam 41
First name: Samuel

Post by Sam 41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Vash15 wrote:Thanks For nothing (especially since we never heard it played right)
but the vocals in the verse were changed
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sam 41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
but the vocals in the verse were changed
Changed? How do you mean changed? That Deryck forgot the lyrics? That Deryck sang it instead of Stevo?
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Vash15 »

Yeah. Stevo didn't sing it, and Deryck fucked up the verses. Same thing happened in the Pukkelpop vids. It ruins it for me, which is a shame, because the chorus sounds great live.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Tyler. wrote:Have most of you guys commenting on setlists been to the actual shows? I feel like the only song on Chuck that is fun at the gig is We're All To Blame. The rest just aren't worth the addition. half of AKNF + DTLI with Underclass Hero (the song) makes a great show. Can't comment on SBM songs though.

and my question for you would be: did you attend any shows during the Chuck era? after reading some of your posts i'm getting the idea that you prefer "new" sum 41 performances over ones from that time period. i saw them in 2004 (good charlotte co-headliner - gross) and 2005 (GCY tour) and both of those shows completely raped the 2007 and 2011 shows i went to. at least during the chuck era they had a more professional approach and tighter live performance. i'd take the Go Chuck Yourself setlist back any day (with a few SBM songs) before i hear another song performed off of UH. it might be different in other countries, but in the US they've lost a very large portion of their fan base/show attendees since the day UH dropped.
surely there's no way that i'm the only one who misses this? i mean i know there's several 14/15 year olds on this message board that might not have been into the band during this time, but i definitely miss when the band performed this well with heavy songs, lower tuned guitars, longer sets, and with deryck actually knowing the words to the songs/being able to sing. they were a completely different band back then. they could easily perform like this again if they changed the set list, drank less, and practiced. just compare this with any other televised sum 41 performance in the past year and you'll see and hear the difference.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Deryck sings better now than he ever did. they just drink too much, it's all about touring and partying to them, and not about actually playing shows for the fans. i know they say that they love the fans and all that, but i don't think they realize that this self-destructive lifestyle is hurting their image and their fan base.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hexidecimal
First name: Kevin
Instrument 3: Keys

Post by Hexidecimal »

I've been to their older shows (before chuck was out) and yeah, they had much better live performances. These days they're having "too much fun". aka getting too drunk and being self destructive (deryck). I remember at their older shows they'd do fun things live like invite people on stage, even to have drinking contests on stage. I'll give it too you that he's a better singer now, but not when his health is shit and he's drunk. Whiskey is good for singing, but if you have more than a shot or 2 you lose the control you need to sing properly.