Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Sum 41 Chuck era

Post by Emil »

They should bring back No Brains and make up a new bridge for it.
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

Some of their heavier songs should take place at their concerts these days, it will fit the new album as well. Such as: Hooch, 88, Mr. Amsterdam, No Reason, No brains, Open up your eyes, some leaks from Grab the devil...., We're all to blame and the one and only: The Bitter End. In addition I also think they should try to play Subject to Change live, despite the fact it's sort of a mash up it's still really good.
On topic, I believe Fat Lip, In too deep, The hell song, Motivation and Makes No difference are songs which will always be their identifying mark, I mean that's like The Sums, the original punk-rock crowed loving music. I believe these songs will last, but yeah adding some new stuff/unplayed stuff will be a refreshing.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

Too many songs aren't well, either. I remember I was like WTF?! when i saw the show in Tokio the first time with playing like 7 songs in the first 20min just in a row :confusion:

But I agree with a more changing and more agressive setlist. I like the idea of splitting the show in a "SBM-Show" part and a part with the classics.
Also GCY was great with The Hell Song as opener, than Intro and No Reason as a beginning of the second part of the show.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

I've never seen this performance, don't know if you've. Great.
I'm my worst enemy
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby

Post by UltraKolby »

I think I seen that before but I'm not sure. They need to play Pieces like that again
KingofBillySpleen
First name: Jared
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Vocals
Last.fm Username: None

Post by KingofBillySpleen »

I'm pretty sure we all know that the Sums are capable of playing 20-30 songs a concert. In Too Deep is one of my favorites but it didn't fit in with the chuck era. It doesn't seem to fit SBM either. They should drop most of their Pop-Punk songs and replace them with songs from DTLI, Chuck, and UH.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

KingofBillySpleen wrote:I'm pretty sure we all know that the Sums are capable of playing 20-30 songs a concert. In Too Deep is one of my favorites but it didn't fit in with the chuck era. It doesn't seem to fit SBM either. They should drop most of their Pop-Punk songs and replace them with songs from DTLI, Chuck, and UH.
If you mean dropping their pop punk songs so they need to drop UH songs as well haha... if already drop some pop punk songs so I must say they first must drop UH songs before dropping AKNF songs (although I agree In Too Deep doesn't really fit in these SBM shows, the way it didn't fit with Chuck), Fat Lip is a classic and used as a show closer for years so it won't be dropped. Motivation is a classic too, though I think they should at least juggle it with Makes No Difference for different shows cuz that one is a classic too.. other than that, they should stick with the heavier material (and play BIME on every show!).

UH (the song) was already dropped I think. Last time they played it on the SBM tour was I think on the US shows in March when the album was released, and Walking Disaster is a ok song, but I guess I wouldn't be too bummed if it was dropped. Plus, it doesn't sound very good live, though I love the song the way it sounds on the album.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:UH (the song) was already dropped I think. Last time they played it on the SBM tour was I think on the US shows in March when the album was released, and Walking Disaster is a ok song, but I guess I wouldn't be too bummed if it was dropped. Plus, it doesn't sound very good live, though I love the song the way it sounds on the album.
Wrong wrong wrong. UH the song has been there all along. Only time it has been dropped have been some of the festivals. But it's always there for the headlining shows.

I think they are making progress. They have already dropped Machine Gun, Makes No Difference, KOC and Welcome To Hell, while Pieces and My Direction are on-and-off (thank God for the latter). Like Cone said in an interview this Summer, the AKNF songs are now fillers in the setlist, so I think they should rotate In Too Deep and Motivation so that they wouldn't always play those songs. Either that, or they should extend their setlists with 3-6 songs.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

UltraKolby wrote:I think I seen that before but I'm not sure. They need to play Pieces like that again
YES!!THEY DO!
KingofBillySpleen

Reason to Believe
Skumfuk
We're All to Blame
The Hell Song
Walking Disaster
Screaming Bloody Murder
Holy Image of Lies
Sick of Eveyone
Happiness Machines
King Of Contradiction/Welcome To Hell
Mr. Amsterdam
My Direction
Motivation
No Brains
Baby, You Don't Wanna Know
Angels With Dirty Faces
The Jester
Count Your Last Blessings
A.N.I.C.+Never Wake Up
Still Waiting
Exit Song

Encore
Intro+No Reason
Blood In My Eyes/Back Where I Belong
Pieces
Over My Head(Better Off Dead)
Fat Lip

This would probably be the greatest Sum 41 setlist ever.
Last edited by KingofBillySpleen on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

KingofBillySpleen wrote:This would probably be the greatest Sum 41 setlist ever.
That would be pretty solid. Somewhat perfect, but makes me sad that we would probably never see a setlist like that.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
KingofBillySpleen wrote:This would probably be the greatest Sum 41 setlist ever.
That would be pretty solid. Somewhat perfect, but makes me sad that we would probably never see a setlist like that.
:balling: Why??? I love Sum 41 but they are just so damn lazy!!! :balling:
fuck this signature nonsense
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby

Post by UltraKolby »

I think they should drop some songs but they should never drop In Too Deep. To me, the Sums not playing in too deep is like Green Day not playing Basket Case. In Too Deep in a fan favorite song and its there 2nd most popular song, it has to be played. Drop songs like My Direction or Underclass Hero
KingofBillySpleen

UltraKolby wrote:I think they should drop some songs but they should never drop In Too Deep. To me, the Sums not playing in too deep is like Green Day not playing Basket Case. In Too Deep in a fan favorite song and its there 2nd most popular song, it has to be played. Drop songs like My Direction or Underclass Hero
In Too Deep is one of my favs but it wouldn't fit in. It's basically the only pop-punk song they will play live now and its strange to listen to a bunch of heavy songs, then this, then more heavy songs.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

UltraKolby wrote:I think they should drop some songs but they should never drop In Too Deep. To me, the Sums not playing in too deep is like Green Day not playing Basket Case. In Too Deep in a fan favorite song and its there 2nd most popular song, it has to be played. Drop songs like My Direction or Underclass Hero
Basket Case would equal to Fat Lip more. Afterall, they didn't play In Too Deep during Chuck era at all.

Even Green Day has dropped many of their singles. They hardly play more than one song from Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning, and they are still playing 25+ songs a night.
Sums should realize that they can't keep all the singles in the setlist without extending it to more than 20 songs. Or they should start replacing/rotating the old hits.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I don't like ITD, they should definitely replace it imo
KingofBillySpleen

TomiT14 wrote:
Basket Case would equal to Fat Lip more. Afterall, they didn't play In Too Deep during Chuck era at all.

Even Green Day has dropped many of their singles. They hardly play more than one song from Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning, and they are still playing 25+ songs a night.
Sums should realize that they can't keep all the singles in the setlist without extending it to more than 20 songs. Or they should start replacing/rotating the old hits.
It's true. I think it was sometime in august 2010 when Green Day did a 40+ setlist. They play atleast two songs from Insomniac and Nimrod, but usually only one from Warning. Even a few from their first two albums. If the Sums toured like Green Day it would be the greatest tour in the history of tours.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Is it really that hard to swap out songs? Really, the only songs they "need" to keep is Fat Lip and the current singles. Everything else can be interchangeable and it would still end up a decent setlist.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

I want Sum to put an vote on their website with the question "What songs do you wanna see us play next tour?" And the songs with most % will be in the setlist. Maybe 15-20 songs. The tour after SBM-tour would be perfect. If they don't planing on making a new record after that tour.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
KingofBillySpleen

Updated the setlist with a couple more songs. Perfect setlist for them at the moment