Sum 41 Chuck era

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Sum 41 Chuck era

Post by SBMurder »

I know this was a long time ago but i somehow skipped out on sum 41 during chuck even i loved the album but i am wondering why the song "In Too Deep" was not played on the GCY tour like was their a particular reason for that or was it just uncommon at that time?
maxpayne4664

Re: Sum 41 Chuck era

Post by maxpayne4664 »

I remember reading something about Deryck having a dislike for that song.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

maxpayne4664 wrote:I remember reading something about Deryck having a dislike for that song.
oh i just remember hearing on how this is their favorite song to play now a days :happy:
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

They said they hated playing it live or they just didn't like the song itself I can't remember.
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

maybe dave dindnt want to play it

i wish they would drop it now

they did it sicne UH all the time

which was cool and fitted with the album

but now bring back some other shit to fit the new album
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I love in too deep, but they have a lot of songs that are way better, I would rather see those live. But in too deep is a crowd favorite.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I guess they just got sick of it for a while during the Chuck era.

In Too Deep is still their best song though, so I hope they never stop playing it. A live show doesn't have to fit anything, if there's one mood for a whole concert it's boring. Going to a concert is about hearing all of the bands greatest songs, so they should never cut it.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

I remember reading a mahazine interview at the time in which Deryck said he was embarrassed by In Too Deep. He said he thought Still Waiting was their best song, and that In Too Deep and a lot of the stuff from 'their first record' suck or something to that effect. He said it didn't matter because they had to grow up in front of a camera and that everyone does things they regret in life, but that they would never be playing it again. I thought it was interesting at the time, then he started playing it with Avril Lavigne for nine year old Japanese girls.
ReasonToBelieveSomeday
First name: Pat

Post by ReasonToBelieveSomeday »

hopefully someday Sum 41 will play The Bitter End, Open your Eyes, HyperImsomnia, Hooch, 88, Noots, Thanks for Nothing, 32 Ways, Time Around and Machine Gun :')
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

Hopefully the Sums will have have a longer setlistt so they can play more songs besides there singles and 'My Direction'.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

How long are their average sets when they're headlining? I saw them with 3 other bands in 2007 and Pennywise was headlining, and the Sums played 2nd last and they played for about 1 hour. Do they play longer when they're headlining and there's only 2 maybe 3 bands?

I would expect them to play at least 1.5 hours, it'd be a little disappointing under that.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

Tyler. wrote:How long are their average sets when they're headlining? I saw them with 3 other bands in 2007 and Pennywise was headlining, and the Sums played 2nd last and they played for about 1 hour. Do they play longer when they're headlining and there's only 2 maybe 3 bands?

I would expect them to play at least 1.5 hours, it'd be a little disappointing under that.
When i say them in Toronto i think they started a little bit after 10 P.M and I got out Shortly before midnight
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Tyler. wrote:I guess they just got sick of it for a while during the Chuck era.

In Too Deep is still their best song though, so I hope they never stop playing it. A live show doesn't have to fit anything, if there's one mood for a whole concert it's boring. Going to a concert is about hearing all of the bands greatest songs, so they should never cut it.
This
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Tyler. wrote:Going to a concert is about hearing all of the bands greatest songs, so they should never cut it.
This! I really hope it doesn't get cut but maybe some day it might have to. It's like cutting out Fat Lip though for me! -posting this reply while listening to In Too Deep aswell. What a coincidence!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I remember reading or hearing about how the band was just sick of playing the song live (not sure if they actually hated it or not, but I wouldn't doubt that it could've been said). Rightfully so that they brought it back during the Underclass Hero era, since it really fit into that style.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Not the biggest In Too Deep fan.. not the biggest AKNF/HHOP fan..
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

How the FUCK could they of gotten tired of ITD when they've had basically the same god damn setlist for 7 motherfucking years? 347956340975629076976 performances of The Hell Song, Still Waiting, Fat Lip, P4P. Fuck, this band is full of retards.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if these morons don't play 70% new material on their next tour, I'm done with them.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:How the FUCK could they of gotten tired of ITD when they've had basically the same god damn setlist for 7 motherfucking years? 347956340975629076976 performances of The Hell Song, Still Waiting, Fat Lip, P4P. Fuck, this band is full of retards.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if these morons don't play 70% new material on their next tour, I'm done with them.
Damn dude, i know they should play new songs, but a Sum 41 show wouldn't be a Sum 41 show without Sum 41 songs. Go on what would be your setlist? I'd love to see your encores if you took songs like Fat Lip, In too Deep and Still Waiting out. Then after this we can decide if anyone would actually go see the show.... :hehe:

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
ThanksForTheVenom wrote:How the FUCK could they of gotten tired of ITD when they've had basically the same god damn setlist for 7 motherfucking years? 347956340975629076976 performances of The Hell Song, Still Waiting, Fat Lip, P4P. Fuck, this band is full of retards.

Damn dude, i know they should play new songs, but a Sum 41 show wouldn't be a Sum 41 show without Sum 41 songs. Go on what would be your setlist? I'd love to see your encores if you took songs like Fat Lip, In too Deep and Still Waiting out. Then after this we can decide if anyone would actually go see the show.... :hehe:
I didn't say I could make the ultimate Sum 41 set list. I just don't see how they could get tired of playing that and not get tired of playing these other songs.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Because they are crowd favourites?

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe