Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Sum 41 Chuck era

Post by Tyler. »

kevin5064 wrote: and my question for you would be: did you attend any shows during the Chuck era? after reading some of your posts i'm getting the idea that you prefer "new" sum 41 performances over ones from that time period. i saw them in 2004 (good charlotte co-headliner - gross) and 2005 (GCY tour) and both of those shows completely raped the 2007 and 2011 shows i went to.
surely there's no way that i'm the only one who misses this? i mean i know there's several 14/15 year olds on this message board that might not have been into the band during this time, but i definitely miss when the band performed this well with heavy songs, lower tuned guitars, longer sets, and with deryck actually knowing the words to the songs/being able to sing.
No, I never got to go to a show back then. But the band is totally different now. Dave was way better at the live show improv and making the songs sound brilliant, and Deryck wasn't as fucked up so he could have more fun. The fact is we're talking about what we want their setlists and shows to be like now. With Tom and how the band is now, the darker/metalish songs just aren't fun at all, the pop punky ones work much better, that's why My Direction has been in there for so long still, it's great live.

So yes, from the videos I've seen of the Chuck tour and attending the UH tour, I can say I probably would've preferred the Chuck shows, but without Dave and how they've changed, those concerts just won't happen again, they can't emulate them now. So I'm saying what would be best for the band now, which is fun punky shows, not heavy crazy shows.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.