Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Fuck yes. I am so pumped for this. It's weird we're getting audio clips so early in the process. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Deryck solo album come out of this tbh.
fuck this signature nonsense
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I so want some new music. I'm excited about everything that could come up in the next few weeks/months.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

It doesn't sound too much like Reason to Believe that it's a problem< I think it sounds cooler. Great to hear some stuff from Deryck!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Gregorovich wrote:Fuck yes. I am so pumped for this. It's weird we're getting audio clips so early in the process. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Deryck solo album come out of this tbh.
A lot could happen and could change in the next few months; that clip we heard may not even make it when it's all said and done! But, I really hope it does.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I was pretty excited a few days ago when I heard this little clip but then I remembered that they already had a lot of new stuff back in 2008 aswell and it still took them so long to release the new album. Don't know if I'm being too pessimistic here, but realistically speaking I think we still have to wait a loooong time.
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

we had to wait one year for dtli, two years for chuck, three for uh and four years for sbm. so I guess the new album will be out in 2016 :silly:

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
BloodInMyEyes
First name: Jeevan
Instrument 2: Guitarses-s
Instrument 3: key-boarding

Post by BloodInMyEyes »

It sure sounds awesome, it's always very exciting to hear snippets of potential new album material. My only concern is how similar it sounds to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtMHSOq50Q
Nevertheless I'm sure it will be far more distinct in its final form. Then again it may not even reach the album, like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU
^^ such an awesome teaser, it will always haunt me how this never came to be.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re:

Post by Iam The Ghost »

BloodInMyEyes wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU
Wow, I forgot this teaser, it so cool...

(and I love Battle Cry :devious: , I'm sad they didn't play it when I was on their concert, although it's not a popular song)
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re: Re:

Post by gejmik »

Iam The Ghost wrote:
BloodInMyEyes wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU
Wow, I forgot this teaser, it so cool...

(and I love Battle Cry :devious: , I'm sad they didn't play it when I was on their concert, although it's not a popular song)
yeah this sounds super cool, it got me excited about the album a LOT. I still hope we'll hear it in some song.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by Andros »

If this will be a new motherfucking song on the album, I really want to hear in full:

http://instagram.com/p/srLJbvMMVQ/

Amazing riff.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by HugoDisasters »

I love the fact that he's active on instagram! Can't wait for more material :ohshiz: :glad:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

http://instagram.com/p/s734NRMMQf/

New update on his website.
Can't wait to see those videos! :) Also I'm interested in his work on movie/tv music, curious what show could he work on.
Zalex09

Post by Zalex09 »

Some of my friends were at the Gob show in Toronto last night. Cone made an appearance to play one song (Cold).

My friends have met Cone quite often in the past, so Cone knows them and he stayed after the show to talk a little. When Cone said Goodbye, he added 'we will probably see eachother again for the next sums concert... in 12 years'. Apparently, it didn't sound like a joke at all which is kinda depressing.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Zalex09 wrote:Some of my friends were at the Gob show in Toronto last night. Cone made an appearance to play one song (Cold).

My friends have met Cone quite often in the past, so Cone knows them and he stayed after the show to talk a little. When Cone said Goodbye, he added 'we will probably see eachother again for the next sums concert... in 12 years'. Apparently, it didn't sound like a joke at all which is kinda depressing.
Actually, the song he played was You're Too Cool. He's played it before, and I doubt Gob would let him play a new song, haha.

It's kinda sad that he jokes about a Sum concert, making it seem like he doesn't believe them to start working on a new album anytime soon.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

It's sad, but not a big surprise. It seems obvious that Deryck and the rest of the band took apart for some reasons, at least if it's about work (but I kinda doubt they speak each other at all). It's getting more and more clearly that the project Deryck works on is his own music and will be released as his solo album (although the vibe of the song pieces he showed on instagram seemed more likely a Sum 41 song and I always though if he started a solo project it would be like an old-school rock 'n' roll style which I think he likes the most)

All in all, at this point I'd be more surprised for a Sum 41 album than anything else, but time will tell (and hope it'll prove me wrong)
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

Altough it might seems they wont be back on stage togheter anytime soon, I think that it can change with only one phone call so...My hopes are not high but I would guess that in 2-3 years we might see them again.

That's just my guess though.
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

I still have hope, I don't know if it will be a Deryck Solo album or Sum 41 album, (I prefer a Sum 41 album...but let's see) but I'm sure they will be on stage together for sure.
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Can you guys believe SBM is 5 years old?! I feel like there's no way it's been that long. I remember how fucking crazy this place was when it was came out. I listened to it in full today, still fucking love it <3
Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Can you guys believe SBM is 5 years old?! I feel like there's no way it's been that long. I remember how fucking crazy this place was when it was came out. I listened to it in full today, still fucking love it <3
I still listen to this album often, though I tend to skip over the ballads and the rock'n'roll songs (Track 4 and 12). Hard to believe it's been five years, though Underclass Hero pushing its ten year anniversary next year is more mind-blowing for me. That means I'll have spent nearly ten years on TNS soon!

My favourite parts of this era were waiting and hoping Nic would be able to get the "Scumfuck" track from that Warped Tour sampler and Matt surprising us with the premier of Screaming Bloody Murder.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:My favourite parts of this era were waiting and hoping Nic would be able to get the "Scumfuck" track from that Warped Tour sampler and Matt surprising us with the premier of Screaming Bloody Murder.
Yeah, I think waiting for the album was the best time here. We were all so excited, every day I looked forward to check what's going on here. Good times!