Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Sum41/SBM Discussion!

Post by SumGeek »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:lol, just saw this on twitter - deryck's halloween costume

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXojBW6CEAAb7Ny.jpg:large[/imgwidth]

(Garth from Wayne's World)
Haha! I was wondering what he was going as this year; would have to top last years! Pretty awesome.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

SumGeek wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:lol, just saw this on twitter - deryck's halloween costume

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXojBW6CEAAb7Ny.jpg:large[/imgwidth]

(Garth from Wayne's World)
Haha! I was wondering what he was going as this year; would have to top last years! Pretty awesome.
Wow, that's a great costume :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I'll just leave you all with this here;

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

SumGeek wrote:I'll just leave you all with this here;

Holy fuck, Totally unexpected.
Mind equals blown.

Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Deryck answered my question too. I asked about the BIME acoustic and his website. Deryck said soon, so we'll see! :razz:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

SOON. FUCK SOON

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Deryck answered my question too. I asked about the BIME acoustic and his website. Deryck said soon, so we'll see! :razz:
Stef wrote:SOON. FUCK SOON
This is the SUM41 fanbase in a nutshell.
Great fan connection, high expectations, no outcome, at least not for a while :2cool4u:

X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I had a nightmare in which Cone quit Sum41...
But please... Some one tell me it was really a dream. I wanna' be reassured. ^^
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

X^2 wrote:I had a nightmare in which Cone quit Sum41...
Oh god, I'm going to sound like a harsh pessimist but...
Spoiler: show
There isn't much he quits from
:balling:

Nah, stay frosty :2cool4u:
New album coming up in 201X featuring songs about Deryck balding and Cone's man socks.

Or an incredible artistic comeback with an album filled with 16 13 minute songs of different flavors, much like ADROOH but in a totally different setting. After releasing this huge epic album they would go on tour with an equally awesome drummer to Steve with more energy than ever before. Then they go for a break of their epic comeback tour and release a bonus EP that is basically the length of a normal album but Deryck is like "Fuck you, fuck that and we're back again. This is an EP just cause I say so" and It is and all the fans are literally pouring money in their pockets cause they've started an independent label named SKUMFUKS where they pretty much become billionaires for funding ACTUAL GOOD MUSICIANS.

And after this, they are in their forties still touring like sick fuckers.
Deryck breaks his records of saying Fuck on a concert by pretty much only using "Fuck" in a new 3 hour set they've constructed with long bridges and an excessive amount of "Fuck" where Cone has some inaudible comments but everyone adores him anyway even though they don't hear shit what he says because some retarded mixer guy thought backing vocals would be lower than the lead, but it isn't because this is fucking SUM41 and Deryck is the boss. By the time of this, Steve's kid has grown up to become a rebellious teen that pursues the path of drumming just like his dad. That also being the time when Steve returns to SUM41.

After 8 years they release four records at once with tons of shit from the Chuck era and forwards because Deryck has matured from his artistic shyness and is now a music writing machine where he basically forms songs and demos day and night and composes them in a SBM fashion where "imperfections are the perfections"...

I should be asleep by now

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Re:

Post by Ardi41 »

HugoDisasters wrote:
New album coming up in 201X featuring songs about Deryck balding and Cone's man socks.

Or an incredible artistic comeback with an album filled with 16 13 minute songs of different flavors, much like ADROOH but in a totally different setting. After releasing this huge epic album they would go on tour with an equally awesome drummer to Steve with more energy than ever before. Then they go for a break of their epic comeback tour and release a bonus EP that is basically the length of a normal album but Deryck is like "Fuck you, fuck that and we're back again. This is an EP just cause I say so" and It is and all the fans are literally pouring money in their pockets cause they've started an independent label named SKUMFUKS where they pretty much become billionaires for funding ACTUAL GOOD MUSICIANS.

Deryck breaks his records of saying Fuck on a concert by pretty much only using "Fuck" in a new 3 hour set they've constructed with long bridges and an excessive amount of "Fuck" where Cone has some inaudible comments but everyone adores him anyway even though they don't hear shit what he says because some retarded mixer guy thought backing vocals would be lower than the lead, but it isn't because this is fucking SUM41 and Deryck is the boss. By the time of this, Steve's kid has grown up to become a rebellious teen that pursues the path of drumming just like his dad. That also being the time when Steve returns to SUM41.

After 8 years they release four records at once with tons of shit from the Chuck era and forwards because Deryck has matured from his artistic shyness and is now a music writing machine where he basically forms songs and demos day and night and composes them in a SBM fashion where "imperfections are the perfections"...

hahahahaha that is awesome !! but still though I think you have too much spare time
;)
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

HugoDisasters wrote:

9/10, needs more Tom
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

To be honest after ADROOH I'd be a little disappointed if the band didn't incorporate a little more prog metal into the next album. That song proved that Deryck is perfectly capable of writing extended suites, but I feel there's still so much untapped potential in that area.
fuck this signature nonsense
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re:

Post by Ardi41 »

Gregorovich wrote:To be honest after ADROOH I'd be a little disappointed if the band didn't incorporate a little more prog metal into the next album. That song proved that Deryck is perfectly capable of writing extended suites, but I feel there's still so much untapped potential in that area.
I agree a 100 % ! And I'm pretty sure as hell that I'm not the only one... I just don't understand why it is so complicated for deryck to record and release a song. I mean other artists do it all the time, it can't be that hard... just throw something you've written out there!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Ardi41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:To be honest after ADROOH I'd be a little disappointed if the band didn't incorporate a little more prog metal into the next album. That song proved that Deryck is perfectly capable of writing extended suites, but I feel there's still so much untapped potential in that area.
I agree a 100 % ! And I'm pretty sure as hell that I'm not the only one... I just don't understand why it is so complicated for deryck to record and release a song. I mean other artists do it all the time, it can't be that hard... just throw something you've written out there!
To be honest, I don't think it's that easy to throw out a song.
Especially if you have a perfection complex which many great artists tend to have.
(Even though they state they don't)

X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

To be honest after ADROOH I'd be a little disappointed if the band didn't incorporate a little more prog metal into the next album. That song proved that Deryck is perfectly capable of writing extended suites, but I feel there's still so much untapped potential in that area.
This times ten. Bit more proggy and heavier album than SBM and we'd have the best Sum 41 album so far for sure.
Although I love songs like Hell Song, Pieces, Over my Head etc. for example, I feel like they've already used those basic chord and song structures more than enough. ^^
Metal-based riffing is the way to go for them now. ;)
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re:

Post by Dylan »

I've actually been contemplating posting this exact thought. I don't think they should get too close to prog metal, because then people will start comparing or complaining that they are "trying to be 'metal' again". I would much rather them stay in a sort of "prog-punk" genre.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Dylan wrote:
I've actually been contemplating posting this exact thought. I don't think they should get too close to prog metal, because then people will start comparing or complaining that they are "trying to be 'metal' again". I would much rather them stay in a sort of "prog-punk" genre.
Like post-punk, but actually good.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Happiness Machine feels like it could've just been a stand-alone song and didn't really need to be part of A Dark Road Out of Hell, but I suppose it ties in thematically. However, I think both Holy Image of Lies and Sick of Everyone could've been expanded by a couple minutes each. There were so many good ideas and melodies in those songs.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Saw this on facebook:

Matteo ****

hey deryck What about your back ache? And when we'll have informations about albums and drummer?

The Official Deryck Whibley

i'm not worried, i will get a knew drummer when the time is right. deryck
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re:

Post by Druska »

Ferdehh41 wrote:Saw this on facebook:

Matteo ****

hey deryck What about your back ache? And when we'll have informations about albums and drummer?

The Official Deryck Whibley

i'm not worried, i will get a knew drummer when the time is right. deryck
He should be worried, back injuries shouldn't be taken lightly.