DmC: Devil May Cry

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Jeremy Kill
DmC: Devil May Cry

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Is anyone familiar with this series? The latest game is a reboot and more western take of the original series, so storyline-wise it isn't related to previous Devil May Cry's. Initially, this game got a lot of flack for majorly changing the main character, Dante, from his original look. Personally, when I played this game I didn't give two poops about it. It's really fun. There's a joke about the hair in the game.
If you're looking for a new game to try out, I suggest this one. It's really easy to get into even if you aren't good at action type games.
Scoutaloo
First name: Rawr

Post by Scoutaloo »

I personally don't know much about the series, but I do know that some guy in the US made a petition to get our president to ban it. Might have to look this up at some point, the games don't look half bad.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't understand how the reboot gets so much hate. I really enjoyed Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening when I was 14/15, I played that game for hours. It kind of annoys me that people would go that far to make a petition for the president. It's just silly.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I used to play the early ones on PS2 a shitload, and they scared me so much hahah. I think it was 1 and 2. Dante looks like a gigantic pussy compared to before but I might check this out.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I was shocked by how fans reacted when they announced DmC would be a reboot. It's a shame how narrow-minded people can be as they offended EVERYTHING about the game before it was even released... It really frustrated me, I was never a fan of this series, but I liked Devil May Cry 3 and 4 and I never felt the idea of the reboot was a disaster. So I'm glad as the game released, critics gave it great points, people also liked it and idiot fans shut up.

So, in short: despite the negative fanbase reactions, it's a good, fun, well directed cinematic-like game, give it a chance.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Hell fucking yeah, I'm a huge fan of the series and I really enjoyed the reboot, now i'm currently trying to complete it 100%(lost souls, keys and secret missions)
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Never played this even though I've heard a lot about it.
I'm not really a fan of these type of action games though.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Druska wrote:Hell fucking yeah, I'm a huge fan of the series and I really enjoyed the reboot, now i'm currently trying to complete it 100%(lost souls, keys and secret missions)
Yeah me too, I'm also playing through the rest of the difficulty modes although I think Nephilim is going to be the only one I'll be able to complete, haha. Maybe a couple of Sons of Sparda missions here and there.