Grab the popcorn!

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Dark Knight Discussion For Those Who Have Seen It [SPOILERS]

Post by Nic »

This topic is for the people who have seen The Dark Night. I'm sure people who haven't seen it don't wan't the movie spoiled for them in the other topic. So lets talk about it.

Do you guys think Two Face is really dead?
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Re: Dark Night Discussion For Those Who Have Seen It [SPOILERS]

Post by wiggs1441 »

HOLY SHIT!!! PROBABLY THE GREATEST MOVIE!!!
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

I think it was a gay movie
Mr. Maker
Billy Spleen
First name: Benoit
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Mr. Maker »

you spelt night wrong, it;s supposed to be Knight
uh, hello?
grandpa
King of Contradiction
First name: Gramps
n00b: All

Post by grandpa »

well...those of you are just going to bitch about the topic in general, not the movie, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

hokay, that's better.

this had to be the best movie i've seen in a long, long, long time. i thought it was fucking great. The Joker part, played by Heath (sp?), is amazing. I think he nailed that part so fucking well (good enough to die over it). He by far was my favorite character in the movie, and is in most of my favorite scenes. I can't really decide between the two but they probably are:

1. The Pencil Magic Trick
2. Blowing up the rest of the hospitial

an amazing movie. And, i doubt Harvey is dead. But if they make a next one and he is dead, i think that will make this movie even greater.

one more thing: anyone notice how they didn't kill the Joker? They just left him there...so does that mean he'll show up later (of course, through another actor, who wouldn't come close to Heath's)
V wrote:This guy is awesome.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

grandpa wrote:an amazing movie. And, i doubt Harvey is dead. But if they make a next one and he is dead, i think that will make this movie even greater.

one more thing: anyone notice how they didn't kill the Joker? They just left him there...so does that mean he'll show up later (of course, through another actor, who wouldn't come close to Heath's)
Yeah he was just left hanging off that building.

I could of never predicted that Rachel was going to die.
jay182
First name: jay
360 Gamer Tag: jayrockslife
PSN ID: jayrockslife
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: drums

Re: Dark Knight Discussion For Those Who Have Seen It [SPOILERS]

Post by jay182 »

Yeah. THis was def one of the best movies ever.
Someone spoiled the fact that rachel dies, and i was still shocked when it happened lol.

I need to see this movie again so that I can figure out all of what happened during the movie.
Blog
If you play ps3, add me.. psn: jayrockslife
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

i was amazed at Two-faces face..it was awesome and totally surprising
One of a Kind of Something
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

i ddint like it that much. the joker i thought was the best actor, everyone esle sucked. you dont even no wat ahppened to him or two face at the end, and now their trying to kill batman!?! i did like wat they did with two face character i think they got the suit that he wears from the suit he wears in the comic books. adn he face was amazing.
the joke, i no heath played him, but the cahracter reminded me alot of Jim Carrey
spasticninja.41

Post by spasticninja.41 »

grandpa wrote:one more thing: anyone notice how they didn't kill the Joker? They just left him there...so does that mean he'll show up later (of course, through another actor, who wouldn't come close to Heath's)
I think the original plan was to make a third movie depicting his trial with Harvey Dent as the prosecutor. Obviously that's not gonna happen because Harvey turned into Two-Face, and with Heath Ledger dead I don't see them bringing back the Joker. No one will ever come close to being as good as he was and it would be pointless to try.

Personally I don't think Two-Face is dead. Sure they showed Gordon speaking at his "funeral" but they didn't show his body being buried. I think he may have run off while Gordon was talking to his son and they just told the public he was dead. It would be awesome to see him in another movie.

Just wondering; which of the other villains would you like to see in the next movie (if they make another)?
I would love to see Nolan's version of The Riddler, and he's often been paired with Two-Face in the comics.
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

wre looking at a remake of batman forever.
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

i thought it was brilliant... i think what made it so riveting was not only ledgers awsome performance as the joker but also the fact that nolan made this more of a crime thriller than your standard comic book action movie, made for a much more gripping story.

heath definately stole the show. he was absolutely brilliant, and ill admit when i first heard he was gonna be playing the joker i was a bit uncertain but more than prepared to be proved wrong and the result just WOW. i like maggie gyllanhall (sp?) 1000 times better than katie holmes in Begins, thank god they changed her. Christian Bale actually annoyed the hell out of me in this movie, that damn hoarse whisper voice he bungs on when he's batman shits me so much!!! i like his portrayal of the bruce wayne persona but that damn voice as batman :evil: in a way i suppose its a good thing in terms of accurate portrayal on nolan's part, for the first time we are seeing recognition of the fact that hey bruce would probably disguise his voice because people would still be able to recognise him but damn that whisper really frustrated me.

and yeh the joker was left alive because it was originally intended to be left open for the possibility of bringing him back... sadly that wont be happening now
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

this was defeneitly one of the best movies i've seen in my entire life.
it's a damn shame Heath died cuz i think he would've loved to see all the awards he's geeting for this film. i don't think an actor has ever blown me away the way Heath did in this movie.
the plot was great too. i was literally mouth-open when Harvey turned ou to be Two Face. i never saw it coming. the thought of him changing sides didn't even come across my mind.
i think it's more likely Two Face is dead than alive but you never know. usually in this kind of cases they will give hints that the character will come back but it still gives me doubts considering this film was very different to other superhero movies and it was a damn great movie.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I finally saw it last night and it was awesome. The actual Two-Face part of the movie was a little short-lived I thought. I knew he was going to be in it, but I didn't think that he'd die in the end. But who knows he might come back.

And yes, I guess I don't have to mention how awesome the the Joker was. Him getting knocked off the building very much reminded me of the 1989 Batman with Keaton and Nicholson (probably my favorite movie as a kid).
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

anyone have a clip of the scene where rachael dies.
i was taking a piss during that part.

i didnt think it was that great of a movie. it kinda dragged, and batman's voice got pretty annoying.
saying that, ledger was brilliant.
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

Budgie wrote:batman's voice got pretty annoying.
totally agree, it really got on my nerves... i don't remember it being that bad in begins
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

Budgie wrote:anyone have a clip of the scene where rachael dies.
i was taking a piss during that part.

i didnt think it was that great of a movie. it kinda dragged, and batman's voice got pretty annoying.
saying that, ledger was brilliant.
the beginning was slow; but other than that it was great
One of a Kind of Something
mattyw_rules
Billy Spleen

Post by mattyw_rules »

Harvey Dent probably isn't dead. Remember when batman dropped that guy off the ledge and hes like, "the fall wont kill me".
Ansem
Billy Spleen

Post by Ansem »

I didn't like the hospital scènes. Would be better if he just blew the whole thing up, without dressing him as a nurse.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I thought it was great. I thought heath was amazing, just for the fact that I didn't think about him AT ALL when watching this. he was THAT good as joker. so was the movie!