Re: Rate The Latest Movie You've Seen

Post by lisaNL »

bad teacher 7/10
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
Spoiler: show
I wanted to see more Batman though. Didn't seem like the movie was focused on him a lot of the time. Either way, I loved the movie.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

300 - 6.5/10

it was alright, though im not sure what this movie was supposed to portray. was it supposed to be historical, a mythology story or complete fiction? bottom line, it tried too hard to be epic with action and the story was lame.

Batman Begins - 6/10

probably the worst super hero backstory movie i've ever seen. it was confusing, clumsy and didn't flow at all. everything felt forced. that being said, it was still enjoyable if you ignored the forced snotty story.

The Dark Knight - 7.5/10

Better than the first, and thats solely because of the character of the Joker. two and a half hours never felt so long, there was so much information. consequentially, the pace of the movie was way too fast, you could never experience the development of the characters -especially Harvey Dent's transformation into Twoface. the music was fantastic, though there were some moments were i felt music was not necessary.

i guess im too spoiled with all the great tv shows (game of thrones, breaking bad etc.) that focus on character development and it makes me disappointed when i see movies, which have larger budgets, that aren't as focused on character development.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Spinal Tap 10/10
I was finally able to watch this movie ... I can't even describe it .. it's just hilarious.

From Dusk Till Dawn 7.5/10
I really like Robert Rodriguez movies , and some of his flicks are in my favorite movies list , but i really had too high expectations for this one i think.Especially cause this movie is banned here in germany (then again that doesn't mean shit cause almost every fucking movie is banned here) , it became very popular with movie fans.But for some reason this movie didn't overwhelme me like his other stuff , maybe it's cause I don't like Tarantino that much (the guy really can't act for shit) ... Not saying the movie wasn't good though , it was still pretty fucking good compared to any other vampire movie. ( and Tom Savini did an amazing job as usual with the make-up and splatter FX)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I forgot I watched all these movies, but I never posted them in here!

Goon - 7/10, It was okay, it had its moments. I wasn't a fan of the ending. I guess if you like hockey or Sean William Scott, you'll probably like this movie.

Drive - 9/10, One of the craziest, slowest movies I've seen. The pacing is slow, but when things get crazy, they kind of get psycho. One of my favorite movies ever, I think.

The Campaign - 8/10, Standard Will Ferrel comedy, in my opinion. I'm not a big Will Ferrel fan, but this movie was quite funny.

EDIT: Taken 2 - 8/10, Good film, though I probably could've done without the dubstep theme music at the start and the credits. Honestly, I thought the first one was better.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Skyfall: 9/10

Holy shit. Best Bond yet. Started off well, but just got better and better to an amazing finale.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Paranormal Activity 4 - 4/10 or 5/10, What difference does it make? The movie wasn't that different from the rest of them.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

Skyfall : 9/10
Best one of the daniel craig movies for sure ! maybe even the best for the last 30- 40 years or so.( I gotta admit i haven't seen all of them)
Still doesn't beat from russia with love in my opinion ... It's just not the same thing without a decent bond girl.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

No Strings Attached - 8/10
Just Wright - 9/10
Breaking Dawn P.2 - 9/10
The Art of Getting By - 8/10
Last edited by lisaNL on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

haha same!
the art of getting by was a great movie 8/10 (im in love with emma roberts...so...)

it's has sort of the same storyline as ''it's kind of a funny story'' which she also plays in.
fun fact: someone took that movie for a fan-made blink182 after midnight video wich inspired blink for their official video!

oh and i just saw ''ted'' , love it!

(really exited for skyfall/taken2/chernobyl diaries)
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Skyfall 8/10
A bit too long in my taste but a great movie. I'm not huge fan of Bond movies though I always go see them with my dad! Thank god no 3D.

Ted 6/10
Just... I don't know, I didn't laugh too much but the idea was alright and so on.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

Nightmare on Elm Street - 7/10
Watched it for the first time actually. It was fun. I don't know if I really want to watch the other 6 movies aswell though.

Hangover 2 - 2/10
I thought the first movie sucked, don't know why I watched this one aswell.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8/10, Pretty good. I'm not much of a critic when it comes to movies based on books I haven't finished though.

The Good Son - 7/10, Got to love that evil Macaulay Culkin.

The Strangers - 6/10, Meh.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re:

Post by Druska »

Ardi41 wrote:Nightmare on Elm Street - 7/10
Watched it for the first time actually. It was fun. I don't know if I really want to watch the other 6 movies aswell though.

Hangover 2 - 2/10
I thought the first movie sucked, don't know why I watched this one aswell.
2 and 3 are pretty good, the rest are crap
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

No Country For Old Men - 9/10 - A great movie, some interesting characters, good storyline, writers did a great job, so did the brothers, once again.

The Hurt Locker - 7/10 - I give it a 7/10, even though I feel like it's too much, I just can't shake off the feeling that this movie is a good propaganda piece, although I don't quite think it was meant to be. I kind of believe that if the makers of this movie decided to look on the other side of the story , maybe just in one scene, there would be no Oscar given to them. This movie, in my eyes, was telling one thing to its viewers - Palestinians are crazy religious extremists, while the Americans are suffering because of their stupidity, but it is an honorable suffering, because they are protecting their nation and other people oppressed by those crazy Muslims.

Most people say that this movie cannot be regarded as a recruiting tool for the American military, because it shows how mentally down the characters are, how screwed up and afraid they feel. But you know, that doesn't make it a movie that is against war, soldiers who go to war have always known that they are going to suffer and when they return they will not be the same and difficulties with adjustment to ''normal'' society will arise right after they're back in the US, or any other ''liberating'' country; that is, if they get to return at all.

I don't know if ignoring the other side of the story was intentional or forced upon the makers, or if they just believe that Arab/Palestinians = bad , Christian/Americans, British... = good, but I just don't want to watch a movie that is full of ignorance, no matter if the reason is ignorance itself, lack of knowledge or if pre-censorship was at work.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Gangster Squad - 8/10, I think it received mixed reviews from critics, but I quite enjoyed it. Emma Stone? Awe yeah. Ryan Gosling? Awe yeah.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

The Hobbit: 7.5/10 (Held back by the unbelievably repetitive action sequences)
Les Miserables: 9.5/10
Lincoln: 8/10
fuck this signature nonsense
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Silver Linings Playbook 8-10. After watching the hunger games I thought jennifer lawrence was a terrible actress, turns out I was wrong, she's pretty good here
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Les Misérables 10/10
Pi and his life 8/10
Man on the Moon 9/10
Slumdog Millionaire 10/10
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

North by Northwest 10/10 - if anyone hasn't seen this movie yet, go see it!