Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Disney buys Lucasfilms

Post by Ardi41 »

just found out about this ! i'm raging so hard right now ...
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney- ... s-creator/

seriously ... fuck you george lucas ! Episode 7 ?? what the fuck is wrong with this guy ... as if he hasn't already made enough money !

any thoughts ?
Last edited by Ardi41 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms

Post by Gregorovich »

Literally just saw this. Thought it was a pisstake or something. If Disney really do decided to go through with it, these are going to be the worst films in the history of the universe.

Oh btw, the films are going to have nothing to do with George Lucas. He sold the whole of Lucasfilm (ie. He doesn't want anything to do with it any more). Can't blame Lucas for selling out before his retirement. Disney are the ones you should be pissed about.

I believe this does raise the real question: Where do we draw the line on what 'is' and 'isn't' Star Wars? If these upcoming Disney atrocities don't really count as Star Wars movies, does that mean the prequel trilogy doesn't count either?

Gah, this is just wrong on so many levels.

WHY, DISNEY, WHY!?!?!?!?!?
fuck this signature nonsense
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Maybe he did this , so episode 1 isn't the worst movie of all time anymore.

But seriously Star Wars and Disney just don't belong to each other.I was already pissed about the whole clone wars franchise and this "new star wars" crap and now this.How am i gonna say that star wars is my favorite movie when the first thing that pops into people's heads is Jar Jar Binks and now thissssss (T_T) (first world problems FTW)

Though as much as I hate the idea of Disney owning the rights,maybe there will be at least something good coming out of this deal.Perhaps they will release the theatrical versions of the original trilogy on Dvd/Bluray now in a decent quality.Mine were hard enough to get because George Lucas didn't want to release them properly and just released the shitty changed version of the movie with all of his after FX stuff.

I'm wondering what is going to happen tp Indiana Jones 5.(It was going to be made very soon)
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Holy fuck. No, just no.

Apparently Marvel's part of disney and they've done good job with new superhero movies... Still scared and excited at the same time.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

George Lucas wrote:For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next. It’s now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I’ve always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime.
This could be the very best thing for the Star Wars franchise, or the absolute worst...
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

It's going to be produced or whatever by the same person that worked with Lucas, and he will still be a creative consultant. They're working with the stories they already came up with years ago....
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Times like these I'm glad I'm not that into Star Wars. However, another trilogy does seem a bit overkill. I mean, the whole adding on to classic movies years after they've been around enough to be deemed "classic" is kind of ridiculous. Things always seem to get ruined somehow or just don't ever live up to the classics.

Imagine being born in the last five years, growing up having never seen Star Wars (like me never seeing Back to the Future until Spring 2011). That poor bastard is going to have to go through 9 movies, unsure whether to do the original trilogy first or in order of the episodes, and depending on which, he will be like "this movie is old" or "this movie is shit".

EDIT: Well, this kind of opened my mind.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-re ... star-wars/
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Darth Vader vs Sephiroth in the next Kingdom Hearts? I'd look forward to that.
[donate][/donate]