War movies

Grab the popcorn!

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

War movies

Postby Mitchell on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm

can anyone recommend me some good war movies?
yes, that's all
User avatar

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The Netherlands
First name: Mitchell
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: MetalMilitant41
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: War movies

Postby Druska on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:34 pm

sure man

saving private ryan

flags of our fathers
User avatar

Druska
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm
Location: Catalonia, Europe, the Earth , Milky Way
First name: Andrea
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: xmarryxx Da_Aman
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re: War movies

Postby FuckT41182 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Band of Brothers, The Pacific(Tv Series consisting of 10 parts , length - 1 hour or so each part) - not only worth it, much more than that
Saving Private Ryan,Letters From Iwo Jima,Schindler's List(pure art - the sixth best on IMDB - Spielberg's masterpiece),Der Pianist,Downfall,Apocalypse Now,Das Boot,La Vita E Bella,The Bridge on the River Kwai,Braveheart,Inglorious Basterds,The Great Escape,The Best Years of our Lives,Ran

some of them are about fighting in war, about the soldiers, some of them are about death camps and people fighting for their lives and one of them is about how hard it is for soldiers to live a life after returning back from war, one of them is from history - war between Scotland and England, it's mostly about the great historical figure of Scotland, William Wallace... all of the movies above are 8 and more on IMDB, so they shoudln't lack quality, I love them

yeah and The Downfall is about the fall of the Hitler's super-extra nation
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: War movies

Postby Druska on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:37 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:Band of Brothers, The Pacific(Tv Series consisting of 10 parts , length - 1 hour or so each part) - not only worth it, much more than that
Saving Private Ryan,Letters From Iwo Jima,Schindler's List(pure art - the sixth best on IMDB - Spielberg's masterpiece),Der Pianist,Downfall,Apocalypse Now,Das Boot,La Vita E Bella,The Bridge on the River Kwai,Braveheart,Inglorious Basterds,The Great Escape,The Best Years of our Lives,Ran

some of them are about fighting in war, about the soldiers, some of them are about death camps and people fighting for their lives and one of them is about how hard it is for soldiers to live a life after returning back from home, one of them is from history - war between Scotland and England, it's mostly about the great historical figure of Scotland, Willian Wallace... all of the movies above are 8 and more on IMDB, so they shoudln't lack quality, I love them

yeah and The Downfall is about the fall of the Hitler's super-extra nation

I'd add Pearl Harbor, even though it's not really a war movie
also there are a bunch of spanish movies(good movies for once) based on the civil war
User avatar

Druska
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm
Location: Catalonia, Europe, the Earth , Milky Way
First name: Andrea
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: xmarryxx Da_Aman
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re: War movies

Postby Mitchell on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Saving Private Ryan is fucking epic!
Pearl Harbor is meh..
User avatar

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The Netherlands
First name: Mitchell
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: MetalMilitant41
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: War movies

Postby FuckT41182 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Still Waiting wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:Band of Brothers, The Pacific(Tv Series consisting of 10 parts , length - 1 hour or so each part) - not only worth it, much more than that
Saving Private Ryan,Letters From Iwo Jima,Schindler's List(pure art - the sixth best on IMDB - Spielberg's masterpiece),Der Pianist,Downfall,Apocalypse Now,Das Boot,La Vita E Bella,The Bridge on the River Kwai,Braveheart,Inglorious Basterds,The Great Escape,The Best Years of our Lives,Ran

some of them are about fighting in war, about the soldiers, some of them are about death camps and people fighting for their lives and one of them is about how hard it is for soldiers to live a life after returning back from home, one of them is from history - war between Scotland and England, it's mostly about the great historical figure of Scotland, Willian Wallace... all of the movies above are 8 and more on IMDB, so they shoudln't lack quality, I love them

yeah and The Downfall is about the fall of the Hitler's super-extra nation

I'd add Pearl Harbor, even though it's not really a war movie
also there are a bunch of spanish movies(good movies for once) based on the civil war

well, I've written down only the ones that managed to gain success among the people and also among the critics, a seriously good marks ...Pearl Harbor did better in getting sentences like this one - Abominable, abysmal, atrocious, ... and that's just the 'A's,
I personally can't judge it as a whole, cause i fell asleep after the first 30 minutes or so, and when I woke up I just deleted the movie ... it really was just another movie, nothing special

but yeah, he can watch what he wants, I just chose the movies that did really great, so he really shouldn't be disappointed by any chance
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: War movies

Postby Druska on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:55 pm

ilovekyle1105 wrote:Saving Private Ryan is fucking epic!
Pearl Harbor is meh..

Like I sai it's not really a war movie
Yes I'm a girl and sometimes I enjoy watching that kind of movies, vv
User avatar

Druska
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm
Location: Catalonia, Europe, the Earth , Milky Way
First name: Andrea
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: xmarryxx Da_Aman
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Re: War movies

Postby HappinessMachine41 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Inglorious bastards - great movie
Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo - i never saw but imdb says that this is a great movie
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club



'All that is said has been said'
User avatar

HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm
First name: Joao
Age: 17
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: War movies

Postby Laxman 41 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:47 am

Blackhawk Down-Simply Amazing, modern war movie (Somalia war?), great cast, reminds me of Call of Duty lol

Tears of the Sun-Jungle Warfare w/Bruce Willis

The Hurt Locker-I really want to see this one, it won an academy award a couple years ago

The Green Zone-Another modern warfare movie(Iraq), I really enjoyed this one, a good conspiracy plot, and Matt Damon!

Shooter-Not really a war movie, but it focuses on an elite retired sniper(Mark Wahlberg) with some pretty awesome sniping scenes
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
User avatar

Laxman 41
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:38 am
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: War movies

Postby HugoDisasters on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Generation Kill is written epic all over the fucking shit.
I love that show, it's a movie series of 7 parts. Took me 10 hours to watch the complete thing i think

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: War movies

Postby Gregorovich on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Inglorious Basterds & Saving Private Ryan (The latter being one of my all time favourite films).
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: War movies

Postby Mitchell on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Laxman 41 wrote:Blackhawk Down-Simply Amazing, modern war movie (Somalia war?), great cast, reminds me of Call of Duty lol

Tears of the Sun-Jungle Warfare w/Bruce Willis

The Hurt Locker-I really want to see this one, it won an academy award a couple years ago

The Green Zone-Another modern warfare movie(Iraq), I really enjoyed this one, a good conspiracy plot, and Matt Damon!

Shooter-Not really a war movie, but it focuses on an elite retired sniper(Mark Wahlberg) with some pretty awesome sniping scenes


Black Hawk Down is my all time favorite.. hence my nickname.. well not at the moment, cause Kyle loves me so much.

Tears of the sun is a great movie!

The Hurt Locker is fucking amazing! keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire movie! you should definitely watch it.

haven't seen the other 2 movies you mentioned, will download them

@Gregor

Inglorious bastards is awesome! comedy and action at the same time!

Saving Private Ryan is definitely in my top 5 as well..
Last edited by Mitchell on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The Netherlands
First name: Mitchell
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: MetalMilitant41
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: War movies

Postby MetalMilitant41 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 pm

To Hell and Back, Enemy at the Gates, Schindlers List, Das Boot, A Bridge too Far, Stalingrad, Catch 22, Good Morning Vietnam, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Zulu, Ice Cold In Alex, Apocalypse Now, Old Pearl Harbour, The Longest Day, Paths of Glory.
Image

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
User avatar

MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 27
Gender:
AKA: Thanksformuffins41/MetalMilition41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Re: War movies

Postby RileSum on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Band of Brothers is by far the best war cinematic, it's 10 hrs of epicness. i've never seen any other war movie so realistic besides Black Hawk Down.

I recomend the shit out of it
Image
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
RileSum
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 am
First name: Riley
Age: 17
Gender:
Instrument 1: Triangle
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Re: War movies

Postby Gregorovich on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:35 pm

If youre thinking about BoB, watch Ryan first. They're very similar, just Ryan is several hours shorter.
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: War movies

Postby Madjid on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Enemy at the Gates!

Easily the best war movie ever made.

Click to view the fullsize image.

OWNED
Madjid

 
Posts: 5239
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 am
Location: Mascara, Algeria
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: Messi


Return to TV/Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron