Europe Festival Tour 2016

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

CyberHamster
First name: Anastasia

Post by CyberHamster »

I visited the show in Stuttgart and I can say that it was unbelievable awesome! I finally got a chance to listen to "Fake my own death" live and it was incredibly f*cking wonderfully amazing! They also played "Pieces" and TNS, only for those songs I'm ready to say Sums a great big thank-you and kiss all of them (the last one I'm ready to do without a reason, haha). For the first time in 15 years they played "Heart Attack" and also the old "No Brains". And (if I'm not mistaken) guys play quite rarely "With Me", though it's a quite slow song, they played it this time and it was wonderful ^__^

Deryck and Dave were just amazing. Dave was constantly happy and grinned from ear to ear every time, when he saw how crazy fans react, the guys had a fantastic response from the crowd. Dave has such a great smile ^__^ I'm SO happy he's back with Sum 41! Deryck was just super, he was communicating with the fans all the time, played his heart out, looked very happy and had lots of fun :) If you are looking for someone, who really blisses out of being on stage, so that's Deryck! He is all about the fans as much as fans are completely crazy about Sum 41 :D

Derick also played Elvis with his words, something like: "I feel you, do you feel me? I need you, are you with me? Do you love me?" - unfortunately without a towel and a pillow (or another towel?) like in the good old days (¬‿¬) And a wild yelling from the fans after each question :D Well, of course we love him, haha) Even my earbuds didn't help, so loud the crowd screamed, I still cannot hear good.

A security guard in front of me, a pretty young guy, was singing along to almost all the songs too, huh) doing his job at the same time of course, but still! A guard singing along with Deryck, it was really funny :) The guards in LKA Longhorn are normal people, it is not so common I would say from my experience - they provided buckets of water to the fans during the whole concert, helped to get the set-lists after the show.

While we were waiting at the door of the club, a young guy who makes video updates for Sum 41 came to us and recorded a video with short interviews (a couple of questions to some guys). And he was filming the band and the fans over and over again during the show. Now I understand why Sum 41 have such great videos now, the guy definitely knows his stuff :)

Photos from LKA Longhorn: http://www.lka-longhorn.de/konzerte/kon ... 595b1#c405
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

There was this special 13 wishes (pun intended) promotion for dutch fans where they could submit a wish and the band would grant the best 13 wishes. My wish was considered one of the best by the promotor and got sent to the band. This is what I sent in:

-To play a game of basketball with Deryck or football (the european kind a.k.a. soccer) with Dave where I get to ask them a question about the new album or perhaps get a little sneak peek of a song when I score/ beat them.

Today, I heard back from the promotor. I was told that it was a cool idea, but it could not be executed. So they offered me an alternative: crowdsurfing on Sum 41. And by 'on' he meant it in the literal way.

Tl;dr: I'll be crowdsurfing ON Sum 41 tomorrow!
X^2
Billy Spleen

Re: Europe Festival Tour 2016

Post by X^2 »

Didn't see this here yet! 45min professional shoot of their set in germany!
EDIT.
Another show as well! ENJOY :D
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

X^2 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKCkDn ... l=WMFESTS4
Didn't see this here yet! 45min professional shoot of their set in germany!
EDIT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI12w6J ... l=WMFESTS4
Another show as well! ENJOY :D
You're not a fan of our social media pages by any chance? :silly:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

the one Gampel open air really has great sound!
the other one has the camera man more looking at some girls boobs + the sound is really shitty (where is dave's guitar? why is deryck voice so fucked?)

edit:

I've downloaded and stripped down the one in Gampel Open Air.
So sad they didnt play FmOD!
The german version sucks.

https://mega.nz/#!hZ5QEb6Z!wKcVpjYhRn5Z ... fLyeLIy7-U

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Had an amazing time with Sum 41 at lowlands! Will share my story sometime this week, maybe as soon as tomorrow.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

The show in Prague was amazing! They actually had an hour and a half to play as they were headlining, and we got Welcome to Hell, both Pieces and With me, No Brains and even No Reason.
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Sju wrote:The show in Prague was amazing! They actually had an hour and a half to play as they were headlining, and we got Welcome to Hell, both Pieces and With me, No Brains and even No Reason.
Damn, would love to hear No Brains with Dave!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

So, the Highfield show has been removed from YouTube. Be sure to watch the Open Air Gampel before it gets removed too!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Damn! I was just looking for a live stream earlier today, but couldn't find any. Luckily this guy is on the top of the game, so enjoy it while it lasts!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I have to say the piano in couple of songs make the songs sound so good, like Screaming Bloody Murder and Pieces. Hope they play more songs that have keyboards in them!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I forgot to post it, an interview (just sound) with Dave and Cone before the Sziget show. Nothing really new, but some interesting questions, like how Dave feel about the song "So long, goodbye", what new bands they listens to, or what they think about nowadays politic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5vftIE5Ew
Roach41
First name: Fernando

Post by Roach41 »

Skumfuks, I found this on YouTube. Deryck talks about some of his favourites bands, movies, etc. The interwiew was filmed at Highfield Festival. (I'd like to post the video instead of just the link but idk how :p). Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DWfjwMaKGM
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Iam The Ghost wrote:And there'll be a live stream at 9.20pm!
http://concert.arte.tv/fr/cabaret-vert- ... -aout-2016
And boy, it is the best one so far!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Oh and by the way:

I liked Stevo's drumming a lot, but I believe Frank's is way better. Like, I don't know... Punchier and with a lot more balls.
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Lars wrote:Oh and by the way:

I liked Stevo's drumming a lot, but I believe Frank's is way better. Like, I don't know... Punchier and with a lot more balls.
I agree. I was so sad when Stevo left, I couldn't imagine the Sums without him, but Frank Zummo turned out to be such a dope drummer. Like I get Travis Barker vibes every time I'm listening to Fake My Own Death. He's superb!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Tomi! You were at the show in Milan last night. We need to hear all from you. :ohshiz:
aloick
First name: Loick
Last.fm Username: Atrt

Post by aloick »

I just post the live from tonight @cabaret vert :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ZrfEayvP4

Enjoy :)