DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Tyler. wrote:Lolol how long before the concert did that happen? Did you even try get a replacement?? That sucks though dude
I couldn't afford a replacement! I was 5 hours prior to the show! I called my friend who was there last night and heard walking disaster starting up. :balling:

Sum 41 if your reading this, I know it's not up to you- but please come back to Long Island soon! :sosad:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

cladam41 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:Lolol how long before the concert did that happen? Did you even try get a replacement?? That sucks though dude
I couldn't afford a replacement! I was 5 hours prior to the show! I called my friend who was there last night and heard walking disaster starting up. :balling:

Sum 41 if your reading this, I know it's not up to you- but please come back to Long Island soon! :sosad:
Looking back at this whole situation, the events were SO unlucky that it makes me think that it was some sort of sign that it just wasn't meant to be this time. Maybe I would've gotten stabbed or something if I went- My life was just saved. You know things like this make you think- was this really in my hands? Is there a God?? :O #ReligiousPost2012

Woah that was a really stupid quoting double post. Sorry.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Looks like I can't go tonight.
Why? What happened? :sosad:
I was walking down the street with my friend. I took out my ticket to look at again then I slipped and fell and my ticket fell in a gutter. Then when I tried to reach and get it out, I couldn't reach it. My friend with longer arms tried to get it, but his mom drove by and had to take him to the hospital because his uncle collapsed (but he's okay now). I tried using a stick to get it out, but I ended up accidentally impaling the bar code with it. Then a house nearby started to drain his pool, so water started flowing in the gutter and the ticket slipped down the drain with the water. :sosad: Seriously what the fuck world. Could things SERIOUSLY get more unlucky?

At least one of my friends who went got me a t shirt.....:'(

holy shit, thats like something out of a movie! that sucks man :\
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
I was walking down the street with my friend. I took out my ticket to look at again then I slipped and fell and my ticket fell in a gutter. Then when I tried to reach and get it out, I couldn't reach it. My friend with longer arms tried to get it, but his mom drove by and had to take him to the hospital because his uncle collapsed (but he's okay now). I tried using a stick to get it out, but I ended up accidentally impaling the bar code with it. Then a house nearby started to drain his pool, so water started flowing in the gutter and the ticket slipped down the drain with the water. :sosad: Seriously what the fuck world. Could things SERIOUSLY get more unlucky?

holy shit, thats like something out of a movie! that sucks man :\
My life is very much like a movie. The most ridiculous things happen and make everything fall apart!!! And it happens all the time! :angry: :suicide:
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

cladam41 wrote: Looking back at this whole situation, the events were SO unlucky that it makes me think that it was some sort of sign that it just wasn't meant to be this time. Maybe I would've gotten stabbed or something if I went- My life was just saved. You know things like this make you think- was this really in my hands? Is there a God?? :O #ReligiousPost2012
I'm pretty sure there is ... and he cares more about you not getting stabbed at a sum 41 concert than saving millions of people dying from starvation :winkwink:
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

cladam41 wrote:

I didn't mean buying another ticket I meant going to the venue ticket place with proof of purchase to get a replacement...managed to do that when my friend left tickets at home 4 hours away one time (tip: even if your friend says they've got something, make sure you see it yourself...) But the series of events does make me think you just weren't mean to go...
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Tyler. wrote:
cladam41 wrote:

I didn't mean buying another ticket I meant going to the venue ticket place with proof of purchase to get a replacement...managed to do that when my friend left tickets at home 4 hours away one time (tip: even if your friend says they've got something, make sure you see it yourself...) But the series of events does make me think you just weren't mean to go...
I didn't think of that, but even if so- I had the receipt in a pouchy thing with the ticket. So I lost both of them.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

cladam41 wrote: I was walking down the street with my friend. I took out my ticket to look at again then I slipped and fell and my ticket fell in a gutter. Then when I tried to reach and get it out, I couldn't reach it. My friend with longer arms tried to get it, but his mom drove by and had to take him to the hospital because his uncle collapsed (but he's okay now). I tried using a stick to get it out, but I ended up accidentally impaling the bar code with it. Then a house nearby started to drain his pool, so water started flowing in the gutter and the ticket slipped down the drain with the water. :sosad: Seriously what the fuck world. Could things SERIOUSLY get more unlucky?

Adam, Sent ya a pm
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

fenderrocks wrote:
cladam41 wrote: I was walking down the street with my friend. I took out my ticket to look at again then I slipped and fell and my ticket fell in a gutter. Then when I tried to reach and get it out, I couldn't reach it. My friend with longer arms tried to get it, but his mom drove by and had to take him to the hospital because his uncle collapsed (but he's okay now). I tried using a stick to get it out, but I ended up accidentally impaling the bar code with it. Then a house nearby started to drain his pool, so water started flowing in the gutter and the ticket slipped down the drain with the water. :sosad: Seriously what the fuck world. Could things SERIOUSLY get more unlucky?

Adam, Sent ya a pm
Thank you very much. But I don't think I'm going to be able to make it transportation-wise to any other show on the tour. :(
I'll just have to wait until they come back around here. Very thoughtful of the band though. Please tell them I said thanks if you can.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

^^Will Do!

Article/with pics on the NY, NY show:

http://loudwire.com/sum-41-10th-anniver ... -nyc-show/
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

That's almost unbelievable. What did you do to deserve this, man?! You have my sympathy. I couldn't even live with myself is this misfortune happened.

(Insert hug smiley here.)
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Oh man, sorry to hear that Adam, lets try to make this topic a tad bit happier. I'm not going to go in COMPLETE detail yet because I have another concert next week in NJ, but all I can say is it's worth it to get there early & stay late. More details, thank yous, and pictures soon. :razz:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Oh man, sorry to hear that Adam, lets try to make this topic a tad bit happier. I'm not going to go in COMPLETE detail yet because I have another concert next week in NJ, but all I can say is it's worth it to get there early & stay late. More details, thank yous, and pictures soon. :razz:
Hey! Don't keep us waiting too long! :glad:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Full Show. Decent Quality.
Just so happens to be the show that I WOULD have been at. :''''''''(
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:Oh man, sorry to hear that Adam, lets try to make this topic a tad bit happier. I'm not going to go in COMPLETE detail yet because I have another concert next week in NJ, but all I can say is it's worth it to get there early & stay late. More details, thank yous, and pictures soon. :razz:
Hey! Don't keep us waiting too long! :glad:
Probably I'll write it on Sunday lol there's a lot to talk about! :razz:
IvanzZ
First name: Zack

Post by IvanzZ »

The show on Friday in Allentown, PA was fucking amazing! Here's what happened:

My friend (who isn't a huge fan of rock/punk music, but came with me anyway) and I showed up at the venue at 4, doors opened at 7. I was the 2nd person in line. Props to the 1st guy in line who had been waiting there since 1. Anyway, we waited, hoping to catch the band outside or something since it was early, but no such luck.

Doors open, I rush in quick, first to the merch table, buy a few shirts, throw on the Resident Skumfuk shirt and then get to the front. Only one person was between me and the fence that separated the crowd from the stage, and it was a short girl so it didn't effect my view at all. Opening bands were good. Back to the Action and Think Big! for anyone that is interested in looking them up. IAMDYNAMITE sounded fucking fantastic, the crowd is kinda starting to get into it but it was minor.

10pm, Sum 41 comes on the the stage to the song Thunderstruck by AC/DC and the whole crowd, myself included, go fucking insane. From the first note of the Hell Song, the energy of the band and the crowd was just out of this world. Non-stop moshing throughout the entire 2-hour set. I've never jumped/moshed so much in my life. My friend, not used to moshing, ended up getting pushed back farther into the crowd and at some point lost his shoe. I looked back at him at some point and he had a look on his face that was like "Fuck yeah, this is awesome." I managed to maintain my spot throughout the show. I may have stepped/jumped on feet and elbowed people in the head, but I wasn't letting anyone move me from my spot. 2 days later and I still feel as though I was hit by a truck, that's how sore I am. All in all, the performance was amazing and so was the crowd. Sum 41 sounded just as good, or better, then they do on there albums.

I don't know if I remember the exact order of the setlist, but I will try and list everything they played:
The Hell Song
Over My Head
My Direction
Still Waiting
A.N.I.C.
No Brains
Mr. Amsterdam
Motivation + 88
We're All to Blame
In Too Deep
All Messed Up
Screaming Bloody Murder
Walking Disaster
Underclass Hero
Skumfuk

Encore
We Will Rock You
Sabotage
Fat Lip
Pain for Pleasure

After the show, I saw a security person pick something up off the ground in front of me on the other side of the fence. It was one of Tom's guitar picks that he had thrown into the crowd during the show. I hadn't been able to catch one, which was kind of disappointing, but then the security guy gave me the one he had found! Fuck yeah! We hung around for a bit until they made us leave the venue and then we waited outside in the cold for over an hour, waiting for the band to come out. Only like 6 other people waited, besides my friend and I. Finally, they came out and my dreams came true. I got to meet the band! talked with them for a bit. Got them to sign my copy of Screaming Bloody Murder which I had brought with me (somehow it didn't break in my bag during the concert). Got my picture taken with both Deryck and Stevo. The band was incredibly nice, talking/signing/picturing with us outside in the cold. It was amazing. Like I said, dream come true.

So yeah, my first Sum 41 concert will go down as one of the best nights of my life. 10/10. Would bang.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

NUMBA 4
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8iu2zdtaEk that's a pretty cool video, like the way it was taken.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Hoocher wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8iu2zdtaEk that's a pretty cool video, like the way it was taken.
Adam posted it already :glad: but yeah ... the audio is really great !
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Venue change!

Dec. 4th - Zydeco - Birmingham, AL

All previous tickets sold will be honored at the new venue.