iPhone thread.

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Apple haters, be gone

Post by Bobbyjames »

if you're not going to make the most out of the extra technology available in a phone like an iPhone, there's no point spending the extra money on it.
Jeremy Kill
Apple haters, be gone

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bobbyjames wrote:if you're not going to make the most out of the extra technology available in a phone like an iPhone, there's no point spending the extra money on it.
Hipsters listen to records, but own iPhones... I don't get it.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: iPhone thread.

Post by Gregorovich »

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/#video

Welp, I'm gonna let you guys rip the shit out of this on your own. I'm staying neutral here.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm glad they didn't make it wider. I can't remember what phone it was, maybe the Samsung ones, but they were stupidly wide. I don't know, if I had the money to burn I would probably get one, otherwise I'll just save up.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

I don't really see why people complain about phone screen sizes... Unless they're stupidly big.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i don't understand why people want bigger phones, didn't we spend 20 years trying to make them as small as possible? i like the size of my 4S, though the iPhone 5 looks pretty snazzy. I was never gonna upgrade unless it was a massive upgrade, and this is not. i'll wait for the 6 or 7 or 5s or whatever the next one will be. maybe.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I'm glad they finally upped the screen size. I'm not a fan of watching videos where it's letterboxed (just a little bit).
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

thought you guys would like this, -_-
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I'll stick with the previous version.
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'll probably end up sticking with my iPhone 4 for a while. It's my best kept phone. All my other ones are beat up or have had silly things break on them because I didn't take care of them. I guess when you drop a lot of money for an unlocked phone you're more likely to care for it.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I just wanted to post a little rant about the new iOS 6 map app in here... It suuuucks! Google maps was so much better, I think, mostly because you could use the GPS for the bus transit without having to download a separate app for it! I don't really care for the whole turn-by-turn feature as I don't use my iPhone as a GPS while driving (and let's be honest, you don't need turn-by-turn directions for either walking or riding the bus).

The whole map app feels messy and doesn't feel user friendly or simple anymore. Maybe I'm just not used to it. Not only that, but I've heard they are inaccurate.

#FirstWorldProblems
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I just wanted to post a little rant about the new iOS 6 map app in here... It suuuucks! Google maps was so much better, I think, mostly because you could use the GPS for the bus transit without having to download a separate app for it! I don't really care for the whole turn-by-turn feature as I don't use my iPhone as a GPS while driving (and let's be honest, you don't need turn-by-turn directions for either walking or riding the bus).

The whole map app feels messy and doesn't feel user friendly or simple anymore. Maybe I'm just not used to it. Not only that, but I've heard they are inaccurate.

#FirstWorldProblems
Personally I feel that the interface is fine but, speaking from experience, the location services are phenomenally bad. While Google had 99% of shops accurate to the metre in Edinburgh, the new maps, even down here in London, can't even tell me where the Bloomsbury Theatre or the nearest Tesco is. Fucking hell, I've been sent down the wrong road so many times thanks to that app. Apple had better fix it soon. One thing which is really cool is the 3D feature, although this is little more than a gimmick and only even works for a handful of cities.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I can't even install iOS 6 cause I don't have the required 2.something GB of free memory and I can't be bothered to delete some of my shit. #Firstworldproblems
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

I no longer own an iPhone, but i feel like contributing to this thread :

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Gregorovich wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:I just wanted to post a little rant about the new iOS 6 map app in here... It suuuucks! Google maps was so much better, I think, mostly because you could use the GPS for the bus transit without having to download a separate app for it! I don't really care for the whole turn-by-turn feature as I don't use my iPhone as a GPS while driving (and let's be honest, you don't need turn-by-turn directions for either walking or riding the bus).

#FirstWorldProblems
Personally I feel that the interface is fine but, speaking from experience, the location services are phenomenally bad. While Google had 99% of shops accurate to the metre in Edinburgh, the new maps, even down here in London, can't even tell me where the Bloomsbury Theatre or the nearest Tesco is. Fucking hell, I've been sent down the wrong road so many times thanks to that app. Apple had better fix it soon. One thing which is really cool is the 3D feature, although this is little more than a gimmick and only even works for a handful of cities.
i don't live in a large city, so the 3D is pointless, especially in the Canadian Prairies. I had to use the turn by turn directions in a larger city this weekend and i thought they worked pretty good. some GPS devices i've used tell me to turn left or right only ten metres before i have to, or while im turning. the Apple maps tells me to turn at least 50 metres before my turn, giving me some time to find the right turn.

i don't like how fucking slow the map itself loads when you just want to look around. Also, in google maps you used to be able to search for something like "5 guys burgers and fries, regina, SK" and it would show you some destinations in the form of red pins that match your search. now, you need to know the exact address of these places which is fucking bullshit especially if you're from out of town.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

The turn-by-turn navigation got me from Brighton to Portsmouth with no problem :O

:D
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jake wrote:The turn-by-turn navigation got me from Brighton to Portsmouth with no problem :O

So do the road signs.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Jake wrote:The turn-by-turn navigation got me from Brighton to Portsmouth with no problem :O

So do the road signs.
Yeah :P I was only trying it out!
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

srsly... how often should I charge my phone? I felt like I charged my 4S too often (every night mostly when it went down past 50%) and after a while the battery life was very short. My new phone (the 5), I got two days out of it the other day before getting to 28% and charging it then.