iPhone thread.

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re: Apple haters, be gone

Post by Jake »

Why do you even need an untethered jailbreak? I've never turned my phone off?
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Tyler. wrote:
Jake wrote:
Tyler. wrote:I still don't give a shit about Apple any more and will never buy any of their products again.

But RIP to Steve Jobs, he evidently did a lot for the computer industry beyond these pointless new iPhones and iPads.
Dude. One word.

Pixar.

If you do not know what I mean... Introduce some sharp steel to thy wrists.

He was an amazing man! - Gave the world much more than the various iDevices.
Never said I don't give a shit about Pixar, I just hate everything he has done with Apple/to the music industry since the first iPod basically, and I wish he never made any of it. And if I could I'd return this Macbook I have for a full refund but sadly I gotta keep it.

And what he did for personal computers is probably the most important thing he ever did, yet sadly all these people crying about it on Facebook only know him as the guy that made their iPhone, which is probably the shittiest thing he ever designed.
what the fuck has he/Apple done wrong for the music industry?!
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

And why the fuck are you complaining about iPhone, and calling it shit?
Name ONE mobile phone that is better than iPhone, just one.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Madjid wrote:And why the fuck are you complaining about iPhone, and calling it shit?
To be honest, that is a unfair question. When it comes to deciding what it better than others comes down to your opinions. Take me for example, I believe my HTC Desire to be better than an iPhone. Not because of reviews or anything but just because I believe it to be a better phone to which I actually use a phone for. I like the Open-Source idea behind the Operating System that is Android and because of that I am using a community driven fork of the Android OS. I also get that some people will think the iPhone is better than my kind-of old phone but again,that is their opinion to which I respect as I have nothing against iPhone owners.

Sadly though, this is a stupid argument exactly like the PC vs Mac or PS3 vs Xbox 360. At the end of the day, nobody really cares. A phone is a phone, if it works good, if it doesn't oh well.

Just my thoughts.
[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Madjid wrote:And why the fuck are you complaining about iPhone, and calling it shit?
To be honest, that is a unfair question. When it comes to deciding what it better than others comes down to your opinions. Take me for example, I believe my HTC Desire to be better than an iPhone. Not because of reviews or anything but just because I believe it to be a better phone to which I actually use a phone for. I like the Open-Source idea behind the Operating System that is Android and because of that I am using a community driven fork of the Android OS. I also get that some people will think the iPhone is better than my kind-of old phone but again,that is their opinion to which I respect as I have nothing against iPhone owners.

Sadly though, this is a stupid argument exactly like the PC vs Mac or PS3 vs Xbox 360. At the end of the day, nobody really cares. A phone is a phone, if it works good, if it doesn't oh well.

Just my thoughts.
this, I would choose HTC over I Phone anyday, but I won't really buy neither of them, even though I have the money, but I just don't need a phone with so many functions, I use my old Sony Ericsson for calling and receiving calls(I don't even write text messages), so I kinda don't need anything else than this ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill
Apple haters, be gone

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Apple was innovative with the iPod and iPhone and because they were such hits on the market, many companies will try and make the same product. The point I'm trying to get with is that there are many choices today that we can pick phones on personal preference and we probably wouldn't have the phones we have today if no one was trying to outdo the iPhone.

Also, I don't see how the iPod could be bad in any way. It's your entire music collection in your pocket! I remember road trips with my family as a kid and only bringing 3 of my favorite CD's for my walkman because that's all that would fit in the case!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Madjid wrote: Name ONE mobile phone that is better than iPhone, just one.
Every single old Nokia...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Tyler. wrote:
HAHAHA HA nice trolling bro.

in other news, Apple execs knew about Steve's Condition at the time of the 4S event. I remember watching the keynote after they had put it on the apple site, and seeing a single empty seat marked "reserved". a subdued tribute to Steve Jobs, perhaps?

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/07/apple-exe ... ligence%29
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

2712 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
Not at all trolling.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill
Apple haters, be gone

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Tyler. wrote:
2712 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
Not at all trolling.
What have you got to back up your argument? Because that makes no sense to me. I would say that any phone with a GPS beats any without. The iPhone is more than a phone; it's a tool. Why lug around a French to English dictionary on a trip to France when you can download an app for it on your phone? That's the beauty of all these phones nowadays. They're super useful. The downside is that they can consume a lot of our lives... But, whatevs, we're going to die anyway so we might as well enjoy life and phones.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

If only the iPhones or iPod Touches has this...
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Jake wrote:Why do you even need an untethered jailbreak? I've never turned my phone off?
I can recall a few cases when I had to turn my iPhone off.
I wanted to put tethered jailbreak there though. Then I updated to iOS 5, didn't know that my phone is locked - guy who I bought it from didn't tell me. So now I was with new baseband and iOS 5. Fucked up sitation - the only way through? Installing iPad baseband 06.15.00 and disabling GPS forever. I was pissed.
When I jailbreaked iOS 5 with redsn0w I still had just the screen that you see when sim needs to be activated - I though I'll skip this with jailbreak! So I went back on 4.3.3 and now I have 4.3.3 again and no fucking wifi - that's what happened when I wanted iOS 5.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Just received my 4S. Though I only have it connected to WiFi at the moment while my SIM is still being activated, my first impressions are highly positive. Siri really is phenomenal. Though there are many things you will undoubtedly try and make it do that it simply cannot compute, it has a surprising number of useful functions and is great for quick searches. For example, I could simply hold the device to my ear and ask who Alex Salmond is, and it would bring up a semi-biographical profile of his life and work in seconds. If you have an iPhone older than the 4, then this is a definite sell. If you have an iPhone 4, however, I would not recommend upgrading.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

gejmik wrote:
Jake wrote:Why do you even need an untethered jailbreak? I've never turned my phone off?
I can recall a few cases when I had to turn my iPhone off.
I wanted to put tethered jailbreak there though. Then I updated to iOS 5, didn't know that my phone is locked - guy who I bought it from didn't tell me. So now I was with new baseband and iOS 5. Fucked up sitation - the only way through? Installing iPad baseband 06.15.00 and disabling GPS forever. I was pissed.
When I jailbreaked iOS 5 with redsn0w I still had just the screen that you see when sim needs to be activated - I though I'll skip this with jailbreak! So I went back on 4.3.3 and now I have 4.3.3 again and no fucking wifi - that's what happened when I wanted iOS 5.
Doh! Shoulda waited for a pwned .ipsw. The iPad baseband has now been fixed, re run redsn0w.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w-iOS5
Update #14: We’ve released version 0.9.9b6 of redsn0w, with both a functional fix and cosmetic fix for iOS5 jailbreakers. For iPhone3GS owners with the 06.15 baseband, this redsn0w eliminates the network crash you saw when using Location Services in iOS5 (in fact, you don’t even need to disable Location Services anymore during the initial setup). The cosmetic fix is to the visual countdown you see when going into DFU mode.

It’s okay to re-run this redsn0w over an existing device jailbroken at iOS5. Just choose “Jailbreak” again and de-select Cydia (in other words, all the checkboxes will be unchecked). If you are lucky enough to have an old-bootrom iPhone3GS, please pre-select the IPSW first (redsn0w can’t yet auto-detect the FW version of your old-bootrom 3GS if it’s already been jailbroken).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregorovich wrote:Siri really is phenomenal.
Ask it to "Beam me up" a few times. It also can't natively send tweets for you, kinda bummed about that.

It's built using Wolfram Alpha as it's back end, which is a pretty awesome knowledge engine.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

The one thing about iOS5/iPhone 4S which left me hungry was the lack of Facebook integration. No idea why that was missing.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Because I like the un in tethered.
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Jake
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jake »

Gregorovich wrote:The one thing about iOS5/iPhone 4S which left me hungry was the lack of Facebook integration. No idea why that was missing.
because facebook sucks?
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Gregorovich wrote:The one thing about iOS5/iPhone 4S which left me hungry was the lack of Facebook integration. No idea why that was missing.
from what I've read, Apple & Facebook sat down to discuss this but couldn't agree on anything/certain details.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

why would I need an iphone? i only use my phone for texting/calling/whatsapp, i've nothing against them but i don't need them