Argh

If you have emotional troubles and they are really getting to you, get it off of your chest and post it here.
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen
First name: Kelby
Instrument 2: Piano

Argh

Post by Kelbunk »

I really hate talking about problems because in reality there are people so much worse off than me but whatever, i think writing about it to a bunch of strangers might help...well here goes...

So..the biggest frustration in my life is lack of sleep. I average about 6-8 hours of sleep per week, and i really don't know why at all. People keep telling me that the most common cause of sleep loss is depression but i honestly can't tell if i'm depressed because i'm fairly out of touch with my emotions. It's not real bad, but being tired all the time is frustrating, i have alot of headaches and often have random spots in my day i can't remember. Any hints you guys have to help sleep would be great but i've tried several things and they dont work...such as warm milk. I drank some and it just made me vomit haha.

Another is the classic girl problem. So i've gotten to know this girl pretty well and really like her and asked her out, and she said we should just stay friends. We are still pretty close friends and i didnt feel that broken about it but..i live in a small town. a really small town. Girls with like, such great personalities arent exactly in good supply around. There are some other attractive females around but she's really the only one i've ever felt so wondiferous about...like the whole "Can never get her off my mind" thing, not that i want her off my mind. when i asked her out it wasnt exactly justifying how i felt, i'm still awful at feeling explaining, but i still wanna just get her and like, pour my heart out and tell her how strongly i fuckin feel and how i'd do anything for her and shit...someda. the problem is she might be moving, which could give me not alotta time to do it...but it also gives me insentive. If all else fails i'll have to just be wuss and give her a letter when she leaves, like how it was i the movie "In the Land of Women" :silly:

Then's the anger issue...not all of the time, but alot of the time i feel really pissed off. I attempt to deal with it through petty vandalism, and it slightly helps but...well i recently showed my friends the movie fight club, and me and my friend planned to have a fight like tat, and i think i am looking forward to it an unhealthy amount. Working out and such helps with anger but it wears thin after a while and i just wanna...GRAH!

And the school and parents..every teenager has a problem with school and parents, most of them anyways, and mine kinda ties in with my anger haha. Well...me and my teachers are truely bitter enemies, and mostly everything that goes wrong is blamed on me or one of my friends and it gets annoying. And my parents..truly most parents don't understand their children no matter what they say, but seriously...how stupid can they be sometimes. They don't know about any of my other problems, nor do they really care haha,but they truly dont know how precious sleep is to me ad think i sleep like a lil angel but theys wrong. One time i actually managed to get a nap in the mid-afternoon, and my dad woke me up and asked if i wanted to learn how to finance, which is an awfully retarded question to ask a 15 year old...they also have quite high expectations of me, but i don't feel much pressure from that because..well i dont have high expectations haha, the only problem is that they might be bitches and decide that i can't go out or anything, which would be a real problem because when i go out not only can i have fun, but i get to see the lady who's captured my heart haha and that makes me happy, and happiness is tough to come by really.

So mostly yeah..alcohol can make me forget problems, make me not feel angry, and help me sleep haha but i'd rather not become dependant on that....

But woo. thats long-ass shit...i dont expect people to read it all..it was nice to get everything out though. :dance: if you read it all thanks for reading it all haha

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Argh

Post by samueeL »

All I can say, been there done that.

Your problems will fade away, I promise.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Okay, I actually read all that, haha. I'll try my best to give you tips on some of these problems.

For the sleeping problem, you should exercise and eat a proper diet. I know it sounds cliche, but exercising will use up your energy and a proper diet can help your body to function properly. Make sure you do your exercising well ahead of bed-time because if you work out right before you go to sleep, your body will be too pumped up to rest right away. Drink a lot of water too, that's always a good thing. You'll also have to set up a "bed-time" where you go to bed at the same time every night. This will help your circadian rhythm. If you're going to bed at different times every night, your body doesn't get used to it and you have trouble falling asleep. The average person can fall asleep within 15 minutes. If you're not asleep by then, get up and walk around. Do an activity or something and go back to bed.

As for the girl problem, I know what it's like to be in a small town and not really find anyone you genuinely like and when you do, it's the best thing ever. All I can say is, just hang out with her some more but don't spill your guts out all at once because it might make you seem desperate.

When I'm angry I tend to just listen to aggressive music or work out or both at the same time. Do something to take your mind off of it, maybe some sort of hobby. I guess if you have a punching bag or something lying around you could hit that a couple of times. When I used to work at McDonalds and the lunch time rush was getting to me, I just go to the back freezer and punch the fry boxes. My manager would go in and see all these fist-sized holes in the boxes, haha.

And finally, after going though the teenager phase of growing up (I'm sure I'm still somewhat in it), I can honestly say that parents are just trying to help. They're raising you based on their own experiences and probably want you to get through life safely with as little bruises as possible. But you need to let them know what's bothering you. All relationships fall apart if there's no communication.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I cannot help you with your problems beyond that of my collegue jeremy, i honestly hope things work out for you.

but i will tell you this, eat a poppy seed muffin, they are delicious.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

The Weekend a New wrote:but i will tell you this, ear a poppy seed muffin, they are delicious.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

but in all seriousness...all your problems will be solved by college

sleep, girls, anger, college will solve taht for you :twisted:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

music helps :]

oh, and, the stuff Jeremy suggested are good too =P
*best signature in the world*
lee~<3~cone XD
First name: leigh
Instrument 2: guitar
Instrument 3: piano

Post by lee~<3~cone XD »

jeremy's right =]

and when i can sleep.. i always try to solve a really hard maths problem and after a few minutes im a gonner!!
nerdy. i no!! :ugeek: :ugeek:
through music we can live forever -rancid,indestructable

susz41 is my master!!! shes the best!!XD
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Shiv wrote:
The Weekend a New wrote:but i will tell you this, ear a poppy seed muffin, they are delicious.
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

but in all seriousness...all your problems will be solved by college

sleep, girls, anger, college will solve taht for you :twisted:
fiiiixxxt :oops:
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

When I can't sleep, I listen to Sum 41 -> ten minutes and Im sleeping! Any other music doesn't work!
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by upperclasszero »

i read the whole thing, and jeremy's pretty much right
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen

Post by Kelbunk »

Yes..it seems jeremy is wise, like a jedi. And poppyseed muffins are rather good.

Thanks for sommenting people though (especially jeremy) i'm sure itll all work out in the end

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

i have a sleepin problem too :( i think to muchm i would say what i think about but i no no1 cares lol
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen

Post by Kelbunk »

CIRCUITzach wrote:i have a sleepin problem too :( i think to muchm i would say what i think about but i no no1 cares lol
i didnt think anyone would care either haha...but it sucks eh? cause sleep is sooo fun haha...

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Gibsum 41 »

When I can't sleep I just do the classic counting sheep trick. I usually fall somewhere between 30-50.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

try talking to your doctor about the sleeping problem. it could be helped with therapy or some kind of device. my dad had sleep apnea a while ago; he wouldn't be able to sleep very well and be tired all the time. part of it was the diet. if you're tired, just take a saturday or sunday and just lie in your bed and sleep all day, make up for your lost hours.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen

Post by Kelbunk »

k i'll try laying in bed all day sometime...

and once again thanks to people for bothering themselves with my problems

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, another thing I forgot to mention about the sleeping thing is that if you're thinking about problems that happened during the day, you're likely not to sleep because your brain is still active.

That's why things like counting sheep can help people sleep because you're focused on counting the sheep and not about things that may be bothering you.

But things that help me sleep is music. Instead of counting sheep, I just imagine myself playing along to the song with my guitar, even if I don't know the song. It tends to work pretty well.
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen

Post by Kelbunk »

yeah i'm never thinking about my problems at night really...it's weird, i think all the time and get distracted during the day but at while i lay i'm just like "hmmm..."

i've just been trying to write down random stuff to keep myself occupied at night, just for something to do so i get tired...it's been semi-working, i get a bit more sleep each night haha..even that extra half hour or so is like a huge difference

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

Do what i do..

sleep in school.
One of a Kind of Something
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen

Post by Kelbunk »

LTS wrote:Do what i do..

sleep in school.
haha. i do all the time.

and i drool on the and such. like, alot...

I am HEM's n00b....rad.