The World Is Fucked.

If you have emotional troubles and they are really getting to you, get it off of your chest and post it here.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Re: The World Is Fucked.

Post by V »

(Rock) Superstar wrote:^that would make it less valuable; inflation
Bass Cone wrote:Ok Peter, how do you suggest we get the money to pay the trillion dollars of debt we have in this country? Lower everyone's taxes like McCain wanted to? Why don't we tax the people who can afford it? Those making over 200,000 dollars a year can afford extra taxes. The single parent making $30,000 a year can't. Usually, history shows that the best way to get out of a great depression is to go to war. Oh wait, we're already in TWO. What do we do now? You tell me.
Not everyone makes 200,000 a year..... and for the people who work hard to make that money; why take it away? Because some people can't go out and get 2 jobs or work harder and get a better job and a promotion? That would get them more money; not get it from the government.

What do we do? Anything but Obamas plan, that's what. The last time they were in office and a matching senate; i believe umimployment went up about from 6% to 16%. His plan kills anyones wanting to go out and make money.
Let's say you were a businuss owner and you work late nights and long hours to get a little extra money for christmas gitfts; just to have it taxed away because there are other people not working and just wait to get paid the government. So, most poeple would see it as "hey, the government is giving me money; so why should i go get more?" I'm done debating this stuff. I know what it's like to have a single parent and low income. My mom works 3jobs and my sister works 1 and i work 1. It's wrong for the government to pay people for not working hard and getting money themselves. But again, i'm sick of talking about this.
Then why are you pointing this out in the first place?

You are hinting that you ARE NOT rich, therefore you wouldn't get tax rises. In case you are making 250k a year then... Don't be a cheap bastard and pay those extra pennies.
(Rock) Superstar wrote:But the question is for better or for worse? I'm all for change. If we get a R president and R senate (Bush's frst term); the world was fine; when the democrats came in (second term the congerss was D); that's when things fucked up.

/lockeh?
Oh yeah! The world was like how do I explain this? UBER AWESOME! LIKE IT WAS INCREDIBLE HOW PEACEFUL THE WORLD WAS! Like there wasn't a war going on in Afghanistan or like people in Iraq were like "Oh thank God the Americans are here to save us!", I mean George W. Bush is like a hero.
Laxman 41 wrote:The democrats coming into power in congress did not cause the mess we have today. It was started long ago when we went to war with Iraq. A pointless war that is costing the country billions of dollars. And then on top of that, the Bush administration decided to not worry about shipping jobs overseas. Thats the difference between WWII and this war. During WWII, we kept jobs here and produced our ships and weapons here which increased not only jobs, but pumped money into the economy. This war was the catalyst that destroyed our economy and is the reason we are where we are.
Oh someone does know a bit about American history!
LTS wrote: Right now, whenever a terrorists in Iraq wants to kill a US citizen, they can walk outside and easily find a US soldier.

Before, they have to come to the united States of America to do so.

Basically they're dying for our safety.

But i also point out there is no draft. soldiers who went to die choose so. nobody forced them to join.

If we leave Iraq, the terrorists will come to the USA to attack us.

THAT's why i'm afraid of the upcoming Obama administration...
It's not my intention to burst your safety bubble but... The war in Iraq is not holding back the terrorists. It's not like the terrorists are out there in the battlefield fighting against the US Army and by keeping them busy they cannot attack your country.

Leaving Iraq is a wise thing to do simply because... No one in Iraq asked you to go there. At least not the citizens that are dying as 'collateral damage'.
Laxman 41 wrote: Yes, because all of the terrorists live in Iraq. Nowhere else, just Iraq. And all this time I thought we invaded Iraq because of the WMD's. But I guess not.
Someone got it right.
Laxman 41 wrote:Yeah, the 90's sucked. Gas at $1.20, a booming housing market, no war, and a budget surplus.
And all those boy bands...
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

This should be locked. Theres nothing we can do now that he is elected.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

The people have spoken.

Now the almighty V takes his power-hammer and locks the thread.

Behold!

Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.