SAT PROBLEM

If you have emotional troubles and they are really getting to you, get it off of your chest and post it here.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

SAT PROBLEM

Post by K. »

i don't know if it's the right place to ask but i have some questions about the SAT's and college applications as an international student who wants to study in US.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re: SAT PROBLEM

Post by Jake »

It's nice to know that you have a problem...

But how do you expect people to help if you don't give them any info :P
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Welcome back Kanguv.

maybe you can post those questions you have, so that ppl can answer them?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
K.
Chuck

Post by K. »

Well in june i took the SAT for the first time and i took it without even knowing how the
exam’s gonna be.And i came up with a bad score as you can guess.
anyways it’ll be my senior year and i’ve just started working for the sat by myself.
My question is if i can’t get a good score before december (i won’t be taking it in october),can i take the sat in early
2012 and if i get a high score,i guess i can take a gap year and send applications to schools in the fall of 2012 to start
studying in the fall of 2013’s.(because as you know most of the applications for the fall of 2012 ends in december.)

Also my second question is i've been doing some projects with US embassy for 2 years now.First one was Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship project,contest and eventhough i couldn't win it.They choosed me for a leadership camp in US with 9 other turkish students and i went to us last summer by a state departmant scholarship and after that i've been a part of
some other projects and stuff with them in turkey.
Anyways i told all of those cause i've got a reference letter and many certifications like most of them from Attachés of the embassy etc. and can i use them for the application? and are they going to have any help ?
Im asking cause i don't have any counselar in my school and i wanted to get your opinion.
Laxman 41
Billy Spleen

Post by Laxman 41 »

You can take the SAT as many times as you want. Also depending on which colleges you want to go to, some prefer the ACT over the SAT. A general rule of thumb in the US is that east coast schools prefer the SAT and west coast schools prefer the ACT. Also I thought there was a foreign equivalency test called the TOEFL. You may want to research that, but I thought it was designed for international students who wanted to study here in the US, if English is not their primary language . Some colleges may require it. Also, your letters of recommendation will definately help, so make sure you add those in. Since you don't have a counselar at your school you may want to email/call the international programs at the colleges your'e interested in. They're specifically there to assist foreign students and to answer your questions and they may even provide you with a scholarship or sponsors for you to come here. Hope that helps.
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Laxman 41 wrote:You can take the SAT as many times as you want. Also depending on which colleges you want to go to, some prefer the ACT over the SAT. A general rule of thumb in the US is that east coast schools prefer the SAT and west coast schools prefer the ACT. Also I thought there was a foreign equivalency test called the TOEFL. You may want to research that, but I thought it was designed for international students who wanted to study here in the US, if English is not their primary language . Some colleges may require it. Also, your letters of recommendation will definately help, so make sure you add those in. Since you don't have a counselar at your school you may want to email/call the international programs at the colleges your'e interested in. They're specifically there to assist foreign students and to answer your questions and they may even provide you with a scholarship or sponsors for you to come here. Hope that helps.
the TOEFL is a real pain the ass, I've got a friend who's going to California(Santa Barbara, I think)and I had to help her prepare for it,a 4h exam ain't human
K.
Chuck

Post by K. »

Druska wrote:
Laxman 41 wrote:You can take the SAT as many times as you want. Also depending on which colleges you want to go to, some prefer the ACT over the SAT. A general rule of thumb in the US is that east coast schools prefer the SAT and west coast schools prefer the ACT. Also I thought there was a foreign equivalency test called the TOEFL. You may want to research that, but I thought it was designed for international students who wanted to study here in the US, if English is not their primary language . Some colleges may require it. Also, your letters of recommendation will definately help, so make sure you add those in. Since you don't have a counselar at your school you may want to email/call the international programs at the colleges your'e interested in. They're specifically there to assist foreign students and to answer your questions and they may even provide you with a scholarship or sponsors for you to come here. Hope that helps.
the TOEFL is a real pain the ass, I've got a friend who's going to California(Santa Barbara, I think)and I had to help her prepare for it,a 4h exam ain't human
probably SAT takes more time with the breaks.
K.
Chuck

Post by K. »

thanks a lot! right now im so confused about what and where im going to study etc. but i'll try my best :happy:
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

K. wrote:
Druska wrote:
probably SAT takes more time with the breaks.
I dunno how the SAT work, we do our in 3 days, each exam takes 1h30 if i remember correctly