Pieces (Sum 41) and Creep (Radiohead) Cover

Promote anything you want to here. Just nothing inappropriate please.
darkroxi
First name: Joshua
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Pieces (Sum 41) and Creep (Radiohead) Cover

Post by darkroxi »

hey guys. you know, my big dream is becoming an musician, and doing a world tour:)

So, I do everything to get famous. I created my own Youtube Channel, to get fame with nice Video Quality and Music. But this doesn't matter in this Thread:)

My Biggest Problem: I CANNOT SING!!!! - I'm trying everyday to improve my voice, but can't get happy with it. And I dont want to give up, so I' promoting my first 2 Covers now. Creep by Radiohead and Pieces by Sum 41 - Though I'm not happy about this result, and I need some Tips from you! :)

sorry for this english

I think Creep is much better than Pieces.

Creep (Radiohead):

Pieces (Sum 41):

Edit: why isnt that working?
Edit 2: ahh now!
Last edited by darkroxi on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Pieces (Sum 41) and Creep (Radiohead) Cover

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

It sounds like your singing harmonies. Your voice isn't bad. Your pitch is strange. Practice singing pitches. Like- play a note on a piano and match the pitch with your voice. Just practice getting your voice to know what to sing. Your voice sounds good though- so you do have some potential.

And something in the Pieces instrumental is REALLY out of tune!! It's actually unbearable. To be a musician, you must develop an ear. You have to know what is pleasing to listen to, and what is not. Just practice your musicianship all in all...thats ma advice fo you t'day. ;)
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

only listened to pieces yet...
i guess your're doing that alternative vocal melody because it's less difficult.

listen, i couldn't sing for shit when i started....but over the last few years (14/17) i develloped a lot in singing
i can hold notes and stay in tune,some vibrato here and there...and i can sing louder now.

this is what helped me:
1. sing along with every song you play..but sing a second voice. a different melody (like tom delonge does during ''feeling this'' that really helps
2. try to sing while playing piano or guitar.....thats the best way to learn it.

you will get better and will get more confidence so you can sing louder so it sounds more ''open''

good luck bro
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Listening to Creep-cover the first thing i'd do is to make sure the acoustic guitar is in tune - since it's not, it might help your singing as well. Also you should try playing along to a metronome since quite often in the song your rhythm get's messed up.
As for your singing in the songs the Pieces-cover was way worse than Creep. Since I'm not much of singer either, I don't think I can say anything very constructive about this.
I don't know how long you've been playing/singing but be prepared for getting a lot of negativity online if you really wish to start posting these in the internet. Internet is full of pricks.
darkroxi
First name: Joshua
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by darkroxi »

thank you for all for the critics! I'll work a lot for making this better, I just uploaded it for some tips/critics :)
X^2 wrote:I don't know how long you've been playing/singing but be prepared for getting a lot of negativity online if you really wish to start posting these in the internet. Internet is full of pricks.
I know that, and I know, that I'm not ready for this. but I will work a lot on it.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

okay i listened to creep.

i can hear you CAN sing and you have potential to even be a lead singer.
you just need to work on it, your singing quite in tune/but not really....if that makes sense?..

your voice just needs to grow (it's already there..you just need to practise and discover it)