What you've been up to, bitches? Post goddammit.

Whatever you want to talk about!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

What you've been up to, bitches? Post goddammit.

Post by samueeL »

Hi cuddlebears. Let's try to be more active, shall we? I wanna hear what everyone is doing in their lives right now, like give a good catch up and not one sentence bullshit.

Me:

Just studying in university, middle of 3rd year. Studying information technology, history and teacher education. Already did my bachelor's thesis but still have to do courses to get the degree out, then move into masters shit. Have to get masters degree to teach here, isn't becoming teacher like one summer course in usa? Anyway, kind of annoyed by some uni stuff since they're making some things really hard, like for example to get right to teach history I need to do double work compared to any other subject, just because of "fuck students, we at history faculty think you have to do double the amount of courses cause that's just how we roll yaa"

Still boning Janet, no need to be jelly guys. Planning on sneaking her to Finland forever eventually...

What else... my apartment that I share with a friend is getting some bathroom renovation which means no shower or toilet for 3-6 weeks. Luckily there's public shower and toilet in the building on the same floor than I am but it's not the greatest thing of all time, what if I forget keys when I go pee during the night? What if I walk into public shower and someone is masturbating there and doesn't stop? Better go really late so nobody's there.

Also got 3DS last november, it broke immediately in a week and then got new one, it's pretty good! Finished the newest Zelda game, haven't finished any other games yet, though I have way too many of them. Also playing ps3 big bunch sometimes and sometimes not at all. Not getting PS4 until I get rid of my huge backlog of ps3 games. Anyone of you bought PS4?

Okey guys, your turn to share.

PS.Jeremy, put some new music out man, have you been writing anything lately?

PSS. Guess Blood in My Eyes acoustic version wasn't as soon as we thought?

PSSS. Forgot, I did finish Pokemon X on 3DS, awesome.

PSSSS. Has anyone ever tried fleshlight? Is it really "better than real thing" as in ads? Not planning on buying one but you know, someone confess if ads are actually A LIE or not.
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I'm halfway through the second year of my English degree at UCL. Shit's cray, so much Middle English and Anglo Saxon. My laptop doesn't seem to want to connect to my house's wifi so I have to plug it in via ethernet and sit on the stairs whenever I want to use the internet. Which I guess it good for when you have to work, but shit for wanting to listen to Spotify and having four other housemates constantly walk over you.

Haven't listened to much of the Sums in a long time. Post & prog make up most of my library now to be honest. I still maintain a Whibley solo project would best anything they've done as a group, though I don't see another album from the band or Deryck for years. I still come on the forums every couple of days but shit if we ever get anything to talk about. How long's it been since we've had any actual news? A few months since Deryck appeared on here? Fuck, I just checked and it's been nearly a year since Stevo left. Fucking hell, time flies.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Starting my last semester of sound production in a month. Finish that in July, so I'm gonna have to finally get my ass into gear and get a full time job/a couple casual jobs and probably move out. I want to move to Melbourne since that's where the music scene is at but I'll move wherever I can get a studio job/internship. But that's pretty unlikely so I think I'll get a live sound job or something and stay here for a while...suppose there's always a chance.

No GF in 4 years so no stories there hahah focusing on my study while I'm not sidetracked. Spending 50 hours in the studio next month recording an album for an assignment so that should be awesome - not my album by the way I'm just engineer/"producer"

Uhhh not much else going on. Built a great PC last year...so I've been gaming a bit, can't wait for the South Park RPG, Elder Scrolls Online, Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3, potential to be some of my favourite games I reckon. Started playing Shadowrun (actual tabletop RPG) with friends so we could hang out more. That's pretty nerdy but it's fun getting to kind of make up your own story instead of just following one

Band wise I haven't listened to Sum 41 as much lately, still in my top 3 bands though. I've gotten into The Smith Street Band and Frank Turner a fair bit, and always continuing to listen to blink.
Tyler.
Chuck

Re: What you've been up to, bitches? Post goddammit.

Post by Tyler. »

samueeL wrote:What if I walk into public shower and someone is masturbating there and doesn't stop?
You could dutch rudder
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

samueeL wrote: PSSSS. Has anyone ever tried fleshlight? Is it really "better than real thing" as in ads? Not planning on buying one but you know, someone confess if ads are actually A LIE or not.
A gay friend of mine described it as "The best wank ever" in a text.

In other news, I'm working in a Data Centre (hence TNS being more unstable than ever), and working on a master's degree in network/information security :D
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, I've been living with my girlfriend for about five months now. It's going great; I have no complaints. Most of my time these days has been taken up by her and school. I'm studying Chemical Technology and am probably going to end up somewhere in the oil and gas industry. I've pretty much abandoned JeremyDisasters due to no free time, no creativity, and I didn't really like what I put out there as time went on. I'd still like to do some sort of video series and funny music videos to Sum 41 songs, but I don't have any energy right now to put into a project like that.
samueeL wrote:PS.Jeremy, put some new music out man, have you been writing anything lately?
I haven't actually played guitar in a long time, at least not regularly. I had come up with some stuff in the past but I never got to recording them because I got a new laptop and somehow misplaced my Riffworks software during my move into the city. Also, this dry winter has shrunk the neck of my guitar so I have to file down the frets because they're kind of sharp and scratch my fingers if I try and play.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

The last 6 months of the past year I make two new records, the first is an EP honoring my first EP "Avengers Of Another Time [EP]", after that I worked in my first instrumental album "Yours Ever", that is more heavy than my last two records. Then I finished the final version of my website and now I'm working on new types of music like electronic poppy shit, nu metal, punk rock, nu metal with dubstep and punk pop. I hope to release new material this year, and that's basically what I've done during this time guys :D.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Hi. I've been working, going to school. Traveling to Ontario every other week it feels like to visit the girly. Kind of sort of forgot my username and password, and half the time I sign into this site it doesn't load... Love y'all.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Ok. This sounds really cool, because in a few days I'll have plenty to talk about but..

I'm gonna say just that I'm completely fucked at school, I don't do anything wrong, I have just a really bad luck at these finals and I've got some important exams in front of me. So whether this goes good or bad, I'll edit this post and fill it with some info, cause I wasn't around for a while :) seeya, wish me luck, I never forget about my little family here on the TNS :)
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I just skimmed all of that to make sure you and Janet were still going steady u guize are so cute.

I got accepted into the Engineering Faculty at the university I wanted here. Schools going pretty swell, well, up until Friday because midterms started and fuck acid base chemistry and radian measure and calculus. Really been missing my forum family lately, but I'm so busy I can't seem to find time and its sad :(
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Gregorovich wrote:My laptop doesn't seem to want to connect to my house's wifi so I have to plug it in via ethernet and sit on the stairs whenever I want to use the internet.
Man, that sucks! I'd be really pissed in that situation. I'm sure there's solution for it!
Tyler. wrote: Uhhh not much else going on. Built a great PC last year...so I've been gaming a bit, can't wait for the South Park RPG, Elder Scrolls Online, Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3, potential to be some of my favourite games I reckon.
I'm looking forward South Park RPG too! And I liked Skyrim a lot but paying 60 euros for a game and then 15 euros a month for the online experience? I think it will go to free to play model FAST.
Jake wrote: A gay friend of mine described it as "The best wank ever" in a text.

In other news, I'm working in a Data Centre (hence TNS being more unstable than ever), and working on a master's degree in network/information security :D
Thank you for that information <3 Though it's like RUBBER, how can it feel so good? Oh well! When will you graduate?
Jeremy Kill wrote:Well, I've been living with my girlfriend for about five months now. It's going great; I have no complaints. Most of my time these days has been taken up by her and school. I'm studying Chemical Technology and am probably going to end up somewhere in the oil and gas industry.
Glad to hear you're doing well, missing your posts! We have such a great gang in here. I guess life is just taking over, haha. Glad to hear it's going well with your GF and that you decided to quit to job you didn't enjoy and move forward! Though Chemical Technology sounds reaallly hard. I guess racial stereotypes help you there though, you must be good in this stuff!
Andros wrote:The last 6 months of the past year I make two new records, the first is an EP honoring my first EP "Avengers Of Another Time [EP]", after that I worked in my first instrumental album "Yours Ever", that is more heavy than my last two records.
That's badass man, recording is so much work that I feel like I'm too lazy for that stuff, haha. So I respect that you've been recording so much!
gejmik wrote: I'm gonna say just that I'm completely fucked at school, I don't do anything wrong, I have just a really bad luck at these finals and I've got some important exams in front of me.
Waiting to hear from you more! Don't worry, everyone fucks up a bit at some point. YOLO, so don't let it get you down! :D
Gutter Dreams wrote:I just skimmed all of that to make sure you and Janet were still going steady u guize are so cute.

I got accepted into the Engineering Faculty at the university I wanted here. Schools going pretty swell, well, up until Friday because midterms started and fuck acid base chemistry and radian measure and calculus. Really been missing my forum family lately, but I'm so busy I can't seem to find time and its sad :(
She's the cute one <33 Engineering, damn! How many girls are there? =D I wouldn't understand anything on those courses, you've gotten too smart.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I'm used to that because of WoW at least, and the first month will be free to see whether it's worth continuing. I mean Bioshock Infinite was $80 here on release and that got me 7 hours gameplay that wasn't all that great. So release price for at least 20 hours of play will do me, and I'm willing to pay more if I like it.

Will probably be free to play or just one time purchase after 7 or 8 months (if they have no regular content patches it'll be sooner) but I don't wanna wait :P
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I had to re-attend the last year of school since my maths teacher decided to give me zero points because,... well because. I could have lived with failing the class if my grades were bad in general but I like to think of myself as a decent pupil... whatever.

Anyway looking forward to finish the final exams in a few months and then going to university. Not quite sure what I will do or where I want to study yet, but I'm considering leaving the country.

And besides learning and preparing for my exams there is nothing much going on in my life right now, apart from a second Breaking Bad run I'm doing right now since I got myself the blu ray barrel box set.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Re:

Post by Andros »

samueeL wrote: That's badass man, recording is so much work that I feel like I'm too lazy for that stuff, haha. So I respect that you've been recording so much!
Thanks man! And yeah, recording is so much work, but the new songs are awesome.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Wasting time doing nothing at the university and playing the hell out of Final Fantasy XIV... So.. nothing interesting.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

i've been goin to school at a community college, trying to transfer to a university to study film for next fall. Been writing scripts for short films i would like to make just havent had time to film any as of recently. although i played a small role as a detective in my friends short film which is being entered into different film festivals. i also have my first EP completely written but haven't had time to record yet, i think the songs are pretty good, and the people i've played them to seem to like them so theres that. thats pretty much all that has been goin on with me. glad to see everyones doin alright. now if only we would get some Sum 41 news sometime s.. in the next couple months. (phew, almost said the word that shall not be said on this forum)
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re:

Post by Jake »

samueeL wrote:
Jake wrote: A gay friend of mine described it as "The best wank ever" in a text.

Thank you for that information <3 Though it's like RUBBER, how can it feel so good? Oh well! When will you graduate?
As with most sexual situations I believe the answer is more lube!

Graduate in November.

How's your mother?
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Well uhhmm...
Hopefully getting my BBA degree in about 20 weeks.
Planning on getting my Master's degree in criminal investigation and joining the force, that'll keep me busy for another 3 years.
Still working at an HR department, for almost 3 years now.
No girlfriend. :(
I spend most of my days waiting for my PS4 to finally arrive, going out, watching manchester united play (not been the best pastime this season), and waiting for Sum 41/ TNS to resurrect.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

Andros wrote:The last 6 months of the past year I make two new records, the first is an EP honoring my first EP "Avengers Of Another Time [EP]", after that I worked in my first instrumental album "Yours Ever", that is more heavy than my last two records. Then I finished the final version of my website and now I'm working on new types of music like electronic poppy shit, nu metal, punk rock, nu metal with dubstep and punk pop. I hope to release new material this year, and that's basically what I've done during this time guys :D.
Listening to the EP at the moment, sound great as always. Has Yours Ever been released yet? Also is there any way I can get hold of your previous EPs in high quality?

Edit: Never mind. Found your bandcamp site. It's great to have your EPs in ALAC, haha. Yours Ever sounds awesome, though not as musically varied as Avengers. Can't wait to hear more material.
Last edited by Gregorovich on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuck this signature nonsense