Ebay's Struggle

Whatever you want to talk about!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Ebay's Struggle

Post by FuckT41182 »

Have you too received an email from the Ebay president where he asks you to help and participate in the struggle against the new law that the congress is trying to pass to damage small businesses? Did you fill it out and send it as a protest? Some opinions on this matter would be good, I think it's equally as stupid as the SOPA move...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I haven't received an email; what's this about? What are those crazy 'muricans up to this time? As though capitalism wasn't already doing enough to destroy small businesses.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re: Ebay's Struggle

Post by FuckT41182 »

This is the text from the email:
Dear Jakub,

Congress is considering online sales tax legislation that is wrongheaded and unfair, and I am writing to ask for your help in telling Congress "No!" to new sales taxes and burdens for small businesses.

Whether you're a consumer who loves the incredible selection and value that small businesses provide online, or a small-business seller who relies on the Internet for your livelihood, this legislation potentially affects you. For consumers, it means more money out of your pocket when you shop online from your favorite seller or small business shop owner. For small business sellers, it means you would be required to collect sales taxes nationwide from the more than 9,600 tax jurisdictions across the U.S. You also would face the prospect of being audited by out-of-state tax collectors. That's just wrong, and an unnecessary burden on you.

Big national retailers are aggressively lobbying Congress to pass online sales tax legislation to "level the playing field" with Amazon. And, as they compete with big retail, Amazon is advocating for this legislation too, while at the same time they are seeking local tax exemptions across the country to build warehouses. This is a "big retail battle" in which small businesses and consumers have a lot to lose. But eBay is fighting, as we have for more than 15 years, to protect small online businesses and sellers and ensure healthy competition, value, and selection that benefit consumers online.

The solution is simple: if Congress passes online sales tax legislation, we believe small businesses with less than 50 employees or less than $10 million in annual out-of-state sales should be exempt from the burden of collecting sales taxes nationwide. To put that in perspective, Amazon does more than $10 million in sales every 90 minutes. So we believe this is a reasonable exemption to protect small online businesses. That's what we're fighting for, and what big companies such as Amazon are fighting against.

I hope you agree that imposing unnecessary tax burdens on small online businesses is a bad idea. Join us in letting your Members of Congress know they should protect small online businesses, not potentially put them out of business. Click here to make your voice heard. Together, I believe our voices can make a difference.

Sincerely,

John Donahoe
President and CEO
eBay Inc.
THis is the text you will see if you follow John's instructions and go on to check out the form to fill out.
On March 22, the U.S. Congress supported legislation that could fast-track future passage of an Internet sales tax bill. Unfortunately, the debate did not highlight the impact of this proposal on consumers like you who shop with small businesses online to get great choices and value.

An Internet Sales Tax bill could greatly reduce selection and competitive prices by putting new tax burdens on small businesses. The bills proposed require very small businesses that use the Internet to collect sales taxes from out-of-state customers, increasing their cost of doing business and reducing their ability to compete with giant retail chains.

Very small businesses, often with only a handful of employees, could actually be threatened and sued by out-of-state tax collectors, even from states thousands of miles away. All of these new costs may not only harm small businesses that use the Internet, but could also harm shoppers like you by reducing competition and choice.

Now is the time to speak up if you think new sales tax burdens on the Internet are a bad idea. Join eBay Inc. and your fellow Internet shoppers in this effort and contact your Members of Congress to let them know how this legislation will affect you.

This three-step process is quick and easy. Fill in the information below and click “continue” to get started.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

How can people still disbelieve that the American government is capable of anything? It couldn't be more obvious that the government in the US is subjugated to the will of large corporations, which results in dubious affairs like this. Soon, mothers with 5 children making minimum wage will be forced to give half of it back, while billionaires will remain tax-free...
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Considering I stay in United Kingdom, I doubt I will receive this e-mail from eBay. Though, it does sound like a good idea that has been poorly implemented.
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

This is ridiculous. America has always been run by rich, arrogant bankers, but they have seldom displayed such mindless right wing tendencies as this. I swear, a teenager could run the government better than these idiots. The level of corruption is unbelievable.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I think that Jesse Ventura's words saying that American leaders could be compared to Nazis are not at all far off.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I looked at it, skimmed it, and deleted it :razz: