HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by HugoDisasters »

patenttiftw wrote:this forum is really starting to remind me of the old gob forums in it's member activity. just sayin
Have to agree :hehe:
Back in the old days i actually made a post where i was kind of upset how the activity was going on, I've changed opinion though and have tried to become the one who create activity but that didn't go so well, and here we are! :p

Ontopic;
My money was all low even before Christmas. Well what should i call it... It was more like early Xmas gifts for myself, or yeah, my band. I bought a pair of mics and a device called JamHub for my band. The JamHub thing is really cool because It's pretty much all the PA and monitor systems that's required in a band rehearsal. Best of all It's quiet and you have total control of the overall sound being produced which makes me feel just like the control freak Deryck seems to be :winkwink:

Oh... such a role model. I'm not really into the Jack Daniels thing like others are on this forum and I'm happy with that :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

patenttiftw wrote:this forum is really starting to remind me of the old gob forums in it's member activity. just sayin
Yeah, there are only about 20 people who regularly post. I think it's because this is the longest possible time from any important news in the album cycle - the album and its music videos have all been released, but work for the next album hasn't started either, and talk about future plans is very scarce. Couple that with the band's declining popularity outside its core fanbase...
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:
Yeah, there are only about 20 people who regularly post. I think it's because this is the longest possible time from any important news in the album cycle - the album and its music videos have all been released, but work for the next album hasn't started either, and talk about future plans is very scarce. Couple that with the band's declining popularity outside its core fanbase...
You're right.
But what about their DTLI tour updates?
For example, the 7th episode wasn't even on the frontpage of TNS and it has been out for a while now.

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

well these so called "silly seasons" (I hope that's the right terminology, haha) happen once in a while in every forum. It will pass. But still it feels like it has been weeks since something important or really interesting has been posted.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

HugoDisasters wrote:For example, the 7th episode wasn't even on the frontpage of TNS and it has been out for a while now.
Yes. *cough*MITCHELL*cough*
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

HugoDisasters wrote:For example, the 7th episode wasn't even on the frontpage of TNS and it has been out for a while now.
If you've paid attention, 6th episode was the only one posted on the front page, and that's because it was exclusively posted on TNS. Episodes 1-5 weren't news worthy, neither was the 7th.

I mean, every news post is a new thread. Do we need a new thread for every single tour update? Instead of creating a new thread every time, someone has posted the video in the Tour thread. And in addition, it has been posted on Facebook and Twitter.

It's your own fault if the front page here is your only source for news.

Gregorovich wrote:Yes. *cough*MITCHELL*cough*
You're barking at the wrong tree now, but thanks anyway! :glad:
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Re:

Post by Dylan »

Gregorovich wrote:So... what did everybody get??? Spill the beans! I got my hands on a lovely Pioneer turntable and a pair of Sennheisers.
back on topic...

i got a Sony turntable, the first book of seven of the Walking Dead comics and Shure earbuds i, i mean santa, got me.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

Gregorovich wrote:
Haha it was pretty much the same before Muertos Vivos on the Gob forums, then we were like, people will come after the album gets out, then it was like umm, six months or so and the whole gobfans.com site died :--D I have all the shit stored on my laptop tho, all the hidden stuff too because Mabel sent em for me for the gobfansunite.com but will say that I've been more into drinking and smoking at this downtime than trying to figure out how to make a website look good.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

patenttiftw wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Haha it was pretty much the same before Muertos Vivos on the Gob forums, then we were like, people will come after the album gets out, then it was like umm, six months or so and the whole gobfans.com site died :--D I have all the shit stored on my laptop tho, all the hidden stuff too because Mabel sent em for me for the gobfansunite.com but will say that I've been more into drinking and smoking at this downtime than trying to figure out how to make a website look good.
The main thing which would potentially get us (and the Gob Forums) way more activity is becoming official.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

Gregorovich wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
The main thing which would potentially get us (and the Gob Forums) way more activity is becoming official.
Yeaaa well my site will never be official though it's still probably the most popular Gob page on the www. It looks way too crappy
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

patenttiftw wrote:I have all the shit stored on my laptop tho, all the hidden stuff too
So, you found them? Care to share?

About the officiality, it's a work in progress. Although the major issue is the amount of fans. 29 fans on Facebook isn't the amount of fans that an official fansite would have. We would really need something to get the fans to join in.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

TomiT14 wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:I have all the shit stored on my laptop tho, all the hidden stuff too

About the officiality, it's a work in progress. Although the major issue is the amount of fans. 29 fans on Facebook isn't the amount of fans that an official fansite would have. We would really need something to get the fans to join in.
I think it would be cool if you guys with the 'contacts' could set up some shit for the upcoming record? Since they will begin working on it next year.

patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite

Post by patenttiftw »

TomiT14 wrote:

Yea well I'll try to winzip the whole folder and upload it soon for ya :p

And I had the "Like us on facebook" button or something on the front page for a while but it took so much space from it so i took it off. Should figure out a better way to catch some likers on the site.