Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Wahhhh I want on Staff page
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re:

Post by Boni »

Trainwreck wrote:Wahhhh I want on Staff page
Send me a bio and it will be done.
[donate][/donate]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: Re:

Post by Mitchell »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
He did, we still have to add all but yours and Jake's.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Mitchell wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
He did, we still have to add all but yours and Jake's.
Ah, well I'll get right on that.
[donate][/donate]
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Hey!
I'd love to see the Band Equipment page, the last one was great but it wasn't up to date.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Sex wee.
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

Wow this new site looks cool!! congrats to everyone who participated in the making of it =)
CyberHamster
First name: Anastasia

Re: Introducing... TNS v3.

Post by CyberHamster »

Guys, I'm a Sum41Russia admin and I make websites, it's my job last four years. Ask me if you need a free help with TNS :) When it will be necessary :)

---------------

Just some thoughts on the website (mainly, criticism), IMHO, don't take offense, please :)

1. Too big header, lots of scrolling on every page, it's little annoying. May be, is it worth a try to use it only on the main page?
2. It's really hard to find the main menu, I spent some minutes trying to find it first time. It melt into the header background.
3. The layout is not wide enough for big screens. I know about tablets and smartphones, so may be it's time to start use responsive techniques? It allows to accommodate every screen size without chopping off elements on smaller resolutions.
4. Light text with black backgound. Yeah, black is a good color and it associates with rock and so on. But it's really hard to read texts now. Apparently, you want the website to be black. What's about black theme and light blocks with text?
5. There's also too small text, I have to zoom to read comfortable (my screen is 1600x900). The same, responsive techniques could resolve it easy.
6. The column occupies too much space with too small amount of information. At the same time three blocks with latest posts and user's links occupies too much space in the header. May be it's better to combine it and move these three blocks to the column?
7. I expect to use a post title as a link to its full version. But instead of this I have to scroll down and look for "Comments" to find a link (e.g. last post with a ticket pre-sale and a big picture).
8. All post on the main page run into one another, it's difficult to tell one from the other. May be larger font size of a post title will fix the problem.
9. Unhandy page navigation on the website (not forum), it has only "Next" and "Previous". If I want to open 9th page, for example, I have to click "Next" 9 times or add "?start=54" to URL.

Over again, it's IMHO, everyone has his humble opinion :) Never mind, sometimes I like to criticize minor details :)
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

CyberHamster wrote:Guys, I'm a Sum41Russia admin and I make websites, it's my job last four years. Ask me if you need a free help with TNS :) When it will be necessary :)

---------------

Just some thoughts on the website (mainly, criticism), IMHO, don't take offense, please :)

1. Too big header, lots of scrolling on every page, it's little annoying. May be, is it worth a try to use it only on the main page?
2. It's really hard to find the main menu, I spent some minutes trying to find it first time. It melt into the header background.
3. The layout is not wide enough for big screens. I know about tablets and smartphones, so may be it's time to start use responsive techniques? It allows to accommodate every screen size without chopping off elements on smaller resolutions.
4. Light text with black backgound. Yeah, black is a good color and it associates with rock and so on. But it's really hard to read texts now. Apparently, you want the website to be black. What's about black theme and light blocks with text?
5. There's also too small text, I have to zoom to read comfortable (my screen is 1600x900). The same, responsive techniques could resolve it easy.
6. The column occupies too much space with too small amount of information. At the same time three blocks with latest posts and user's links occupies too much space in the header. May be it's better to combine it and move these three blocks to the column?
7. I expect to use a post title as a link to its full version. But instead of this I have to scroll down and look for "Comments" to find a link (e.g. last post with a ticket pre-sale and a big picture).
8. All post on the main page run into one another, it's difficult to tell one from the other. May be larger font size of a post title will fix the problem.
9. Unhandy page navigation on the website (not forum), it has only "Next" and "Previous". If I want to open 9th page, for example, I have to click "Next" 9 times or add "?start=54" to URL.

Over again, it's IMHO, everyone has his humble opinion :) Never mind, sometimes I like to criticize minor details :)
How on earth could you not see the main menu? It stares you in the face when the page loads.
[donate][/donate]
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

CyberHamster wrote:Guys, I'm a Sum41Russia admin and I make websites, it's my job last four years. Ask me if you need a free help with TNS :) When it will be necessary :)

---------------

I agree with about every thing he said. Except I find that it is easy to read on forums with light gray text on a dark gray background. If the area under the text here was a little brighter, it would be better. I can't stress enough how the text is too thick and small.. I already gave my opinion on page 2 but I still want to say it again..
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I agree with most the stuff he said but found the menu easy to find. The text is not too bad to read once you get used to it, it's just that it's different to most other websites so it's weird at first. I think the header on the forum should just be the menu with a background slightly bigger than it instead of the whole pic.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Yes, very good points there. But like said, I love the new main menu, no difficulties for me with that. Also, I think the white-text-on-black issue it's just about what you've used to.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

My finger hurts from scrolling too much.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

The one thing still annoying me is that I feel the username to the left of posts should be much much bigger.
fuck this signature nonsense
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Skin looks nice, but could it be possible to make the same skin with different font? This new skin is really great, but the font bothers my eyes.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Raku wrote:Skin looks nice, but could it be possible to make the same skin with different font? This new skin is really great, but the font bothers my eyes.
No no no no! I love this new font!
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

---------------

Hi, you're fucking awesome.

I think this layout is the absolute most bad ass layout TNS has ever had, but I absolutely love to see someone come in firing like this. Keep posting.

For the record, we had a light layout and a dark layout during TNS v2, and the darker one was a million times better on the eyes. Dark layouts destroy light layouts generally. There's the obvious exceptions, but I don't think these guys could have thought of a better way to put the site together. Everything we asked for was implemented, and it looks really awesome.

I love that we've kept the "Latest topics" and "Latest posts", because it was a bitch having to sift through sections of the site to find that shit.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

TomiT14 wrote:
Raku wrote:Skin looks nice, but could it be possible to make the same skin with different font? This new skin is really great, but the font bothers my eyes.
No no no no! I love this new font!
I meant selectable font/skin as an alternative to this one. This one can stay as the default for those that like it, but I would enjoy the option to change my skin to a font that is easier on the eyes.
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Introducing... TNS v3.

Post by sumelf »

Hey guys, cyberhamster is she, not he.
Btw I agree with her opinion a bit more than fully.
The new font is TERRIFYING. I'm really scared for my eyes. It's too bold, too small and hard to read. There're tons of free awesome fonts, why do you use the bad one?

And two more points.
I'm always press "save" instead of post. Maybe I'm not alone, maybe this "save" button should be a bit smaller or "post" button should be highlighted with another color (red?).
When I was logging in I did not found "log in" button after i inserted username and password, only the "register" was there.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re:

Post by gejmik »

Tyler. wrote:I agree with most the stuff he said but found the menu easy to find. The text is not too bad to read once you get used to it, it's just that it's different to most other websites so it's weird at first. I think the header on the forum should just be the menu with a background slightly bigger than it instead of the whole pic.
Yup, exactly. At least for the forum I would use smaller header. Lots of scrolling in every topic/page.