Drusila escribió:¿Y para cuándo la entrevista exclusiva con TNS? ¬¬
Todavía hay que esperar un montón...
1. How do Sum 41 crowds differ from country to country?
In the same way food is different in every country. It's always different but can be equally as great.
2. If you hadn’t been a musician, what would you have done for a living?
I probably wouldn't be living.
3. Out of all the shows you have played, is there a specific show that has a special meaning or memory to you?
Not really, I just love playing.
4. If, for whatever reason, you had to play the solo to 'The Bitter End' or else everyone on Earth would die, would you be able to do it?
Have no fear!
5. Would Sum 41 ever be interested in making an all acoustic album of songs previously recorded?
I've actually thought about doing that. Not sure there's really time to work on that right now. Because if we did it I would want it to be really special.
6. What are the songs you're especially proud of? Are there any that you have regretted writing?
I'd say I'm proud of 90% of them. There's always some you wonder, "What the fuck was I thinking?"
7. Why do you wear shoes with such a thick sole?
I wear what's lying around. That's just what I have. I don't always wear big soles.
8. Why don't you guys use your nicknames much anymore?
We still call each other our names all the time.
9. Will Brown Tom be getting a "41" tattoo now that he's an official member?
I've tried to get him branded but he won't have it.
10. Will the majority of the album be recorded in the house the updates take place in, or at your home studio? Do you find the writing and recording process to be easier in the comfort of your own home, or working in the rented out house?
Yes, mostly all the album is being done in the Hollywood house. Vocals are being done in my home studio.
11. With the use of Twitter and the studio updates, it seems that fans can follow the process of the record coming to be a lot easier than before. Was this a conscious decision? Do you plan on releasing a "Making Of", similar to the Making of Underclass Hero?
There will possibly be some kind of documentary for this record.
12. The songs have been described as "darker." A record like Chuck was pretty dark as well. Will we be hearing a heavier and less melodic record than Underclass Hero?
It doesn't sound like any of the past records really. It is its own thing. Its own monster. But I would say if you're a fan of Chuck I don't see why you wouldn't like this one.
13. Have any bands/records particularly influenced this new album?
No not really. I've been so into my own thing that I haven't come for air in a while. I don't really pay attention to what's out there these days.
14. Was the songwriting process considerably different for this record?
Yes, completely. I feel like I didn't do any work although I somehow wrote about 23 songs without even noticing. It's a great feeling to have all these songs just sort of handed to you somehow.
15. Is Tom playing all lead parts on this record or is it split/depending on the song?
I usually like to play all the guitars on the records. It's the control freak in me. When I write riffs I usually want them to sound a certain way. And when other people play them, although they play it well, it doesn't sound the way I'm used to it or the way I've been living with it on the demos. So I end up just doing it myself.
16. Why are all guitars tuned to Eb when you guys play live?
I play so hard live that I had to go to heavier gauge strings. If you're tuned at regular tuning the strings are so tight and don't play that well.
17. Are songs like No Reason cut from the live shows due to singing issues or they are just not as fun to play anymore?
I guess I just never really enjoy playing that song for some reason.
18. What is the most you've ever spent on a guitar and which guitar?
Hmm… Probably too much. I have a really great 62 ES 335. It's probably my most expensive guitar. It doesn't have a scratch on it. It's basically brand new. It's my spinal tap guitar. You can't even look at it.
19. What is your favorite non-music related hobby?
Basketball and flying planes.
Andrea dijo que se encargaba de traducir la entrevista...