America and Their Stupid-ass War

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
Madjid

Re: America and Their Stupid-ass War

Post by Madjid »

Tyler41 wrote: umm...yeah...pretty sure American ISNT mostly fully of heartless people
you fail
Tell Heather that she fail one more time, and you're history.
Back to the topic, i agree with most of what's been said above, American soldiers aren't all like that, i've seen some documentaries on the Iraqi channels showing American soldiers who actually saved lives, and protected civilians. On the other hand, i've seen much worse than this: a video of two American soldiers raping an Iraqi woman (this was all over the news like a year ago), and also the Abu Ghreib Prison pics if you still remember.
The war is stupid, but the soldiers can do nothing but obey the orders, those guys are douchebags, that doesn't mean everyone in the whole fuckin' country is a douchebag.
Charley Bear <3 is NOT a douchebag, and he lives in America, if you think Charley is a douchebag, you are a fuckin' douchebag, and bant @ you.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by upperclasszero »

NoReason27 wrote:i also believe that world would be better off without America.
yeah i hate it here
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Pearl Harbor was an excuse, actually.

FDR wanted to go to war, but he had promised Americans in his campaigns that neutrality was the right position. Eventually FDR began supporting Britain and France with supplies, and so were pretty much allies, making us not neutral. FDR had also secretly to the public met with Churchill prior to the war and made the Atlantic Charter, which set the principles that would be held to if they went to war.
FDR was waiting for something to justify him to go to war, and Pearl Harbor was the perfect opportunity to declare war against Japan, and in turn the Axis, bringing America to WWII.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

finglemaster wrote:Pearl Harbor was an excuse, actually.

FDR wanted to go to war, but he had promised Americans in his campaigns that neutrality was the right position. Eventually FDR began supporting Britain and France with supplies, and so were pretty much allies, making us not neutral. FDR had also secretly to the public met with Churchill prior to the war and made the Atlantic Charter, which set the principles that would be held to if they went to war.
FDR was waiting for something to justify him to go to war, and Pearl Harbor was the perfect opportunity to declare war against Japan, and in turn the Axis, bringing America to WWII.
Where did you hear that?

Even so, America played a big part in winning that war, we certainly didn't win it on our own but without American support that war would have been lost.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

rename this thread to
"bash america"

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Queso Man
King of Contradiction

Post by Queso Man »

Chink-182 wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Even so, America played a big part in winning that war, we certainly didn't win it on our own but without American support that war would have been lost.
Where do you hear anything? It's history. A history class perhaps?
And yes America did. If Eisenhower hadn't executed the D-Day invasion right, Britain would have been taken over just like France.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

point being WWII was about Hitler killing Jews. the Iraq war is about westernizing the middle east and stealing their oil.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

finglemaster wrote:
Chink-182 wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Where do you hear anything? It's history. A history class perhaps?
And yes America did. If Eisenhower hadn't executed the D-Day invasion right, Britain would have been taken over just like France.
Oh god, you pwnt me.

Dunno, I just think you heard it off your hick father or something.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction

Post by Queso Man »

NoReason27 wrote:point being WWII was about Hitler killing Jews. the Iraq war is about westernizing the middle east and stealing their oil.
And Japan perhaps? Invading the Phillipines and China, let alone getting ready to try and take Australia
Chink-182 wrote:Oh god, you pwnt me.

What the fuck are you trying to start
Don't talk about my father
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

finglemaster wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:point being WWII was about Hitler killing Jews. the Iraq war is about westernizing the middle east and stealing their oil.
And Japan perhaps? Invading the Phillipines and China, let alone getting ready to try and take Australia
Chink-182 wrote:Oh god, you pwnt me.

What the fuck are you trying to start
Don't talk about my father
Now i look like a huge dick, I was kidding dude i didn't even read that thread.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

My goodness, there were so many things I wanted to say while reading through this thread, being a History major who has several friends overseas at war right now...probably a good thing I wasn't signed in yet while reading it so I had to wait until the end to actually post something - thus actually thinking about it first.

I've come to the conclusion that all I really want to put out there is that yes, the outcome of WWII would have been different had America not jumped on board. However, it also would have been different if Canada was not on board. If Britain was not on board. Etc. Etc. It took every single one of the countries involved, on our side, to win. Take ANY one of them out of the mix - things would have gone very differently.

Just because America jumped in last, and was the final peice of the puzzle set in place to complete the work, doesn't mean that they did the most/best/hardest.

(and, for the record, if America didn't exist...the rest of the world still would - just not in the same way we do now. Countrary to popular belief - American does NOT equal God).

Actually, I would also like to make one other point - everybody needs to chill. The ignorance is running rampant in this thread because everyone's so fired up on the subject. Getting fired up about current events and things that matter is a good thing - but ignorance is not. Those guys in the video are apparently douches (I haven't watched it, and will not watch it) - those guys are NOT America. Those guys are NOT every soldier. And those guys are NOT the war.

Regardless of whether you support America or not, or you support this war or not - always, always support the troops (as a whole, not when they do douchebag things as individuals). These men (and women) are doing their job. These men (and women) are doing their duty in serving their country. These men (and women) are trying to save lives and do good in this world. And most importantly, these men (and women) are putting their lives on the line to try and make the world a better place. These are (mostly) good men (women), and they deserve your support.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

War is a circle of grudges and violence. It will never achieve world peace. Temporary peace? Sure. But it never lasts.

To quote Martin Luther King Jr. on violence:
"Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers."
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

obama aint bringing you americans out of iraq, and if he does, hes pulling you right back into iran. good to know americans dont vote with their brain, or else someone with one (ron paul) would have been the president by now.
tomhoppus is my hero.