Lyrics Help

Like writing songs? Post your lyrics, poems, or whatever here!
Zam
Chuck

Lyrics Help

Post by Zam »

I know this may not work out, but I think some people would actually agree with me that some people would need some help. Basically, post here with your ideas and someone else will try help you structure your poem.

This is to teach other people on how to write lyrics / poems.
<center>
Byzzy wrote:i'm leaving this forum for good
SOME DAYS LATER...
Byzzy wrote:fucking whores u think u can ban me? i'll be back whenever the fuck i want, zam fuck ur mom cuz she's a slut, fucking chinese

*The joke's on you, dumbass!*</center>
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Write about what you've been through. Your experiences.
Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

Whut?
<center>
SOME DAYS LATER...
Byzzy wrote:fucking whores u think u can ban me? i'll be back whenever the fuck i want, zam fuck ur mom cuz she's a slut, fucking chinese

Arcane
Ma Poubelle
First name: tom
360 Gamer Tag: iArcane
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Arcane »

i think thats advice to help people start writing ^^

start of thinking of a theme or concept, then write a story to it. it doesnt even have to sound like a song yet, just write a small story.

after 12-15 lines or so you should have your points. take each line at a time and modify it, make it sound more like a song lyric and add some emotive words that will emphasise your point.

lyrics are poetry :)
Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

No, my best advice for people starting out will be order your ideas. Think about what you're trying to write and put your ideas in a piece of paper. Start adding a few metaphor and basically write a huge paragraph. Then order it out into verses.

My lyrics usually are big blocks which I then divide up into verses.
<center>
SOME DAYS LATER...

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Not everyone writes the saame though. A lot of writers will tell you to write about what you've been through (YOUR EXPERIENCES). Deryck does. and practicly everyone else.
Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

I'm just giving a hint for starters.
<center>
SOME DAYS LATER...

J-Pan
Bunkface
First name: Jason
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by J-Pan »

The best way to get a good song out is to write about how you are feeling towards something... Think about any song and see how they have been written, with emotion towards something.. write about that and try to make it sound sophisticated with a point you are trying to prove... Do this and you will get the best out of any song...
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen
Re: Lyrics Help

Post by the perfect li e »

Yeah If you're writing you're emotions are your best friends.So use them. Some of them are clear like after you've broken up with a girlfriend that you loved very much, while others like to a certain subject may not be as clear as day. Those are to a certain sistem of handling things, to a person(or a group for that matter) who represents an idea,human morals. Generally things that make you think and you have a strong opinion on. Those you gotta sit down think about, write down what you feel on the subject and then think about what point do you want to make with what you're saying. Again there are different aproaches on that.

And good luck with the writing :smile:
scottrowan200
Bunkface
First name: Scott

Post by scottrowan200 »

whats best place to start i can never think of a good line to open with

and my songs alsways turn out liek a story if anyone knows what iu mean and its sounds stupit
Welcome To Hell
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

something else that I think is helpful is do not worry about making perfect rhymes, because it's not about the rhymes in the song, it's about the message that the song delivers
Bizzy-C92
Bunkface
First name: Chris
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Bizzy-C92 »

Hmmm...If I try to write lyrics......I'va got no problem to wrote the first verse and the chorus....=)...

but I don't have any more Ideas for the next verses.....maybe thats cause english isn't my mothertongue...but can you give me some advice....

And I also got problems...to get and clear melody taht don't changes every time I try to sing/play it...=(....

can you help me..???
We're all going to hell....!!!!
....Cross my heart and hope to die

PunkSteve
Bunkface

Post by PunkSteve »

i think even reading through other ppls stuff is inspiring :)