DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Just posted this on the TNS social media, thought you guys would love it as well.
Our lovely Nic just woke up on Sum 41's tour bus 7 hours from home. Best mistake ever?
that is extremely fucking awesome!

Here's the videos I recorded from Chicago:

Walking Disaster:
Screaming Bloody Murder + Skumfuk
(at like 04:33 Deryck points right at my camera)
Full Encore (We Will Rock You + Sabotage + Fat Lip + P4P)
I have bits and pieces of other stuff but nothing else in full
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:Just posted this on the TNS social media, thought you guys would love it as well.
Our lovely Nic just woke up on Sum 41's tour bus 7 hours from home. Best mistake ever?
that is extremely fucking awesome!

Here's the videos I recorded from Chicago:

Walking Disaster:
Screaming Bloody Murder + Skumfuk
(at like 04:33 Deryck points right at my camera)
Full Encore (We Will Rock You + Sabotage + Fat Lip + P4P)
I have bits and pieces of other stuff but nothing else in full
Yeah! Thanks
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Sounds really, really good.
Last edited by Ashasx on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

So when do you guys think we'll get the first video update!? :wink:
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

cladam41 wrote:So when do you guys think we'll get the first video update!? :wink:
It's done. Should be out today or tomorrow. It looks quite professional. Prepare to see a drunk Stevo!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Nic wrote:
cladam41 wrote:So when do you guys think we'll get the first video update!? :wink:
It's done. Should be out today or tomorrow. It looks quite professional. Prepare to see a drunk Stevo!
<3.

So please tell us about your wikkid adventure in Sums tour bus!! :2cool4u:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

cladam41 wrote:So please tell us about your wikkid adventure in Sums tour bus!! :2cool4u:
Let him breathe for a second first. I'm sure he'll tell us something in the next six months.

:glad:
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

TomiT14 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:So please tell us about your wikkid adventure in Sums tour bus!! :2cool4u:
Let him breathe for a second first. I'm sure he'll tell us something in the next six months.

Hahah fuckin' dick.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Nic wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Hahah fuckin' dick.
<3
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

My weekend with Sum 41 (Nov. 2 - Nov. 4)

Not going to go too deep into the details of the Chicago show. Other than it was fucking awesome. The energy was great. By far the best Sum show I've seen. Loved hearing a portion of "What We're All About". Spent most of the show with Chris Nary. He's a great guy.

After the show, I headed to the private area of the venue with him and a friend of his, where the after parties are held. It was super sick. Looked like something you would see in the show "Entourage". Started drinking more there. By the time I was feeling pretty good, the band was finally cooled off from the show and ready to hang. Steve was already hammered (such a funny drunk). I spoke with Deryck most of the time. Apparently, the band had no clue DTLI was being pressed on vinyl until I brought it up in conversation. They weren't happy about it being pressed without their approval.

It was around 1 or 1:30 when our host informed us that they were no longer serving drinks. From there, we all transferred to the tour bus. We all continued to drink. Bus call (when the bus leaves for the next city) was at 3 AM. By this point, I was completely wasted. I remember some girls that were on the bus leaving at this time. I don't know if I asked to stay or if one of the guys encouraged it, but the next thing I remember is waking up the next morning on a couch in the bus….in Cincinnati. Part of me was like "oh…shit." But the other part of me was completely stoked.

This experience really gave me a better grasp of tour life. There was so much downtime. I remember sitting on the bus until 4 PM before things started to pick up. Soundcheck was cool. As always, very short. They played My Direction (no vocals) and were satisfied. Fun fact - the sound guy for this tour is actually Green Day's sound guy. After soundcheck, there was more sitting around until closer to the show. Everyone pretty much hangs out and does their own thing.

When show time came, I headed to the soundboard with Chris to watch the show. This was the first time I had seen a Sum show from the front of the house. Of course, it sounded so much better. Same setlist as Chicago. For anyone wondering why "Thanks For Nothing" hasn't been played yet, it's because Deryck is sick right now. He told me it will probably be added later in the tour (along with some other cool surprises).

After the Cincinnati show, we drank a little bit backstage. After that, we went back to the bus. We all watched 21 Jump Street. After the movie, we began drinking. It was relaxing. We sat around, drank some drinks, and listened to Deryck's iPod. A lot of the Stones and Elvis Costello.

By 4 AM or so, Tom headed off to bed, leaving just me and Deryck awake. I spent the next 4 hours just talking with Deryck. We had extremely real and personal conversations. Conversations i will never forget. He nearly explained his life in full to me. Showed me photos of the apartment he lived in with his mom in the Toronto ghetto. He went through his entire iPhoto library showing me photos from before Underclass to present day. I saw a much more sensitive side of Deryck through these conversations. A side that, I know, isn't expressed anywhere in interviews or videos online.

By 8 AM, I could no longer stay up. I was drained. Apparently, D is always the last one up, staying up into the wee hours of the morning. I headed out on a 6 hour train ride from Michigan this morning. I apologize if this journal entry did not contain much new, juicy information. After spending the entire night conversing with Deryck about life, music, love, everything, it made me realize, he's just another human being. He doesn't need his life spilled on the internet. Nor does he want it. I wish to respect that feeling.

Cool things are to come from the band! TNS will be premiering one of the tour updates by the way (probably the second one)! They are also going to try to do a tour with Billy Talent.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Nic wrote: By 4 AM or so, Tom headed off to bed, leaving just me and Deryck awake. I spent the next 4 hours just talking with Deryck. We had extremely real and personal conversations. Conversations i will never forget. He nearly explained his life in full to me. Showed me photos of the apartment he lived in with his mom in the Toronto ghetto. He went through his entire iPhoto library showing me photos from before Underclass to present day. I saw a much more sensitive side of Deryck through these conversations. A side that, I know, isn't expressed anywhere in interviews or videos online.
probably the coolest thing, ever. everyone should just give up now. this cannot be topped.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
Nic wrote: By 4 AM or so, Tom headed off to bed, leaving just me and Deryck awake. I spent the next 4 hours just talking with Deryck. We had extremely real and personal conversations. Conversations i will never forget. He nearly explained his life in full to me. Showed me photos of the apartment he lived in with his mom in the Toronto ghetto. He went through his entire iPhoto library showing me photos from before Underclass to present day. I saw a much more sensitive side of Deryck through these conversations. A side that, I know, isn't expressed anywhere in interviews or videos online.
probably the coolest thing, ever. everyone should just give up now. this cannot be topped.
I'm actually speechless!!!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nic »

cladam41 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
I will never look at him the same way as I did before.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Nic wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
I will never look at him the same way as I did before.
Respect. Love. and much jealousy :P
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

That's so awesome Nic! I'm quite envious of your adventures with the band (as I'm sure are most of the members here, haha).
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

shitty of SRC to press DTLI without the band's permission. i was at the chicago show as well. was VERY bummed that they didn't play "Thanks For Nothing". it was a really solid show and i was surprised to see that it sold out. i'm only 19, yet i felt like one of the oldest people there. then again, i can't say much because my first Sum 41 show was in 2004 (i was eleven years old). this band's performance still impresses me just as much as they did years ago.

the only thing i wished they would have done differently: drop the cover songs. never cared for them. stop playing "Underclass Hero." such a bad song, especially live...when they extend it by four minutes. they only played one song off of Chuck. fans of DTLI are probably bigger fans of Chuck than Underclass, so they should have played more off of it. although, they did play quite a few Chuck songs during the 2011 north american shows.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

kevin5064 wrote:shitty of SRC to press DTLI without the band's permission.
It would be the record labels decision, and since they've split I assume they can't be fucked talking to the band at all any more.

Nic is a lucky dude! I hope I can at least meet them again next year. They seem like the kinda dudes I'd want to hang out with hahah.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Holy shit Nic, that was fucking awesome.
fuck this signature nonsense
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Thanks Nic, what an exciting story! :)

And tour with Billy Talent? Wow, that would be awesome! (Not like I could go abroad and they wouldn't come here)
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:Holy shit Nic, that was fucking awesome.
This. Both glad and jealous. But really, you're the one who deserved this the most!

Thanks for sharing (so quickly)! :glad: