DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: DTLI? 10th Anniversary Tour - North America 2012

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Sum41Ant27 wrote: HOLY SHIT YOU GOT PICKS!!!!!
That is my goal for the 3 shows I'm going to. Mind telling me did you catch them, or did they give them out?
I got two from Tom, one he directly put in my hand after a solo (pretty cool), and I got the others from Dercyk and Stevo who were just throwing them out at the end. I gave the extra Tom pic to some random kid with a sum 41 shirt on. If you're in the front, and you're going to 3 shows, I almost guarantee you will get some. And additionally, after the show ask the security people in the front if you see any on the ground, over the barricade.
Queso Man wrote:F why didn't I know to wait outside?! I'd probably be at the wrong door anyways..
Where were you during the show man? We totally forgot to meet up! Their tour bus was right out front, and I asked the security guy if i could wait around and then more and more people showed up. I think around 20 people stuck around. We waited I think like a little over an hour to meet them. I forgot to mention they playing We Will Rock You and Sabotage. Also, when Deryck ran on stage he yelled "HERE'S JOHNNY!" and they started playing, which i thought was kickass for halloween. Did you see the clown in the crowd? haha.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
Queso Man wrote:F why didn't I know to wait outside?! I'd probably be at the wrong door anyways..
Where were you during the show man? We totally forgot to meet up! Their tour bus was right out front, and I asked the security guy if i could wait around and then more and more people showed up. I think around 20 people stuck around. We waited I think like a little over an hour to meet them. I forgot to mention they playing We Will Rock You and Sabotage. Also, when Deryck ran on stage he yelled "HERE'S JOHNNY!" and they started playing, which i thought was kickass for halloween. Did you see the clown in the crowd? haha.
I didn't get there til about 7:45, so I got stuck on the left inside the far speaker. Not bad, but my left ear is ringing pretty bad... I saw that bus and wasn't sure if it was theirs! Could have been the midgets'...
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote: HOLY SHIT YOU GOT PICKS!!!!!
That is my goal for the 3 shows I'm going to. Mind telling me did you catch them, or did they give them out?
I got two from Tom, one he directly put in my hand after a solo (pretty cool), and I got the others from Dercyk and Stevo who were just throwing them out at the end. I gave the extra Tom pic to some random kid with a sum 41 shirt on. If you're in the front, and you're going to 3 shows, I almost guarantee you will get some. And additionally, after the show ask the security people in the front if you see any on the ground, over the barricade.
Oh I tell the guards that I drove from like Florida to see them, and they feel bad and give me picks. haha I got my ways, but I'll definitely do my best to get picks and a drum stick.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:I tried recording video, but the security guy in front of me told me to quit, i have it recorded, ill upload what little i have anyways. I do not remember the setlist exactly, just alot of DTLI, all the hits and SBM and skumfuk, and ended with P4P. but it was really fucking good, and i was very happy with what they played. All Messed Up was incredible.
During the show Brown Tom handed me a pic, and I eventually got one from Deryck and Cone.

afterwards, I went outside and waited for the band, and I got to meet them! They were all so incredibly nice and it was great they stood out in the cold to sign things and take pics. It was very surreal meeting them.I talked to Tom about Gob a bit, I made a joke to stevo about the venue doing midget wrestling, and then the guy taking our photo was taking forever andstevo said it was okay, he was "enjoying the little hug we were having", hahaha. :P .. I also got to shake their hands and show them my tattoo! I can't wait for Chicago now!!

Pics:
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/FKvvj.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/srkzK.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/XHJrY.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/Q7JBt.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/pN5Ab.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/f95fN.jpg[/imgwidth]
I saw your video actually! I was watching it, and I'm like thinking, "the only one up is cut off, ah well." and then I look at the username and notice it's you! So awesome you got some picks - from what I noticed, it looks as if a good chunk of fans got some. (I've never got a pick before, so here's to hoping!)
Love your photos. Seeing photos of the guys, especially with fans, makes me happy because they look happy. Love the comment Steve made about the hug! haha.
Queso Man wrote:Spoilers about the setlist below.
So they started with Mr Amsterdam, awesome of course. Then they did the Motivation/88 deal. After that I don't remember the exact order of things, but obviously they didn't play DTLI from start to end. There are a few songs they sadly didn't play from it, including No Brains, ANIC, Thanks For Nothing, Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid, and Billy Spleen. I don't know why they cut No Brains.
Hearing this has become somewhat of a letdown for me for a few reasons. 1. I have yet to hear No Brains, ANIC, Hyper, and Billy Spleen live and they're the tracks I'm looking forward to most live, but I guess they could switch it up during the tour, you never know. I also dislike how they're not playing the album in it's proper order or in it's entirety. I mean, this is a tour promoting it's 10 years. I guess they just wanna change things up so it's interesting for them. Can't complain though! As long as I get to see them again, I'm good.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

So me and Resident Skumfuk just found out we're the two guys from Indiana on the site... and we go to the same school.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

But guys... duz Derikk l00k lyke ttly old n ageing badz????? srsly did dat dranks ruin hiz face??? Wut abot da wrinklezzZ!?!!?!!? IZ HE A MESS?!?!!?
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Nic wrote:Chi-town tomorrow! Hollaaaaa!
This time don't take too long with your review.. :winkwink:

SumGeek wrote:
Hearing this has become somewhat of a letdown for me for a few reasons. 1. I have yet to hear No Brains, ANIC, Hyper, and Billy Spleen live and they're the tracks I'm looking forward to most live, but I guess they could switch it up during the tour, you never know. I also dislike how they're not playing the album in it's proper order or in it's entirety. I mean, this is a tour promoting it's 10 years. I guess they just wanna change things up so it's interesting for them. Can't complain though! As long as I get to see them again, I'm good.
Tom told me that they are planning to play DTLI from start to end starting from Chicago. But we'll see.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
Tom told me that they are planning to play DTLI from start to end starting from Chicago. But we'll see.
Thanks for passing this along! Because of that setlist in Indy, I had a dream last night they opened the Toronto show with Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condioid! haha. Glad to know it's almost 100% they'll play the album in it's entirety from now.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Queso Man wrote:So me and Resident Skumfuk just found out we're the two guys from Indiana on the site... and we go to the same school.
true story! haha

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:
that'd be so perfect. I'll be in Chicago shortly! I haven't been there in such a long time
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:that'd be so perfect. I'll be in Chicago shortly! I haven't been there in such a long time
Chicago is the tits!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Holy shit there's already a line outside the house of blues

Set list spoilers!
Edit: great show, they played DTLI start to finish, excluding thanks for nothing, and I can't remember if they played hooch, I have an awful memory. Also, no brains has a new badass bridge! Wish i wouldve recorded it... They also played what were all about. I have some good videos I'll post when I get home tomorrow
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Set-List :
The Hell Song
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
My Direction
Still Waiting
A.N.I.C.
No Brains
All Messed Up
Mr. Amsterdam
Thanks For Nothing
Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid
Billy Spleen
Hooch
Motivation
In Too Deep
We're All To Blame
Walking Disaster
Screaming Bloody Murder
Skumfuk
Underclass Hero
We Will Rock You (Queen cover)
Fat Lip
Pain For Pleasure
http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/11/su ... um=twitter

EDIT : Fake
Last edited by DW_60 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

DW_60 wrote:Set-List :
The Hell Song
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
My Direction
Still Waiting
A.N.I.C.
No Brains
All Messed Up
Mr. Amsterdam
Thanks For Nothing
Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid
Billy Spleen
Hooch
Motivation
In Too Deep
We're All To Blame
Walking Disaster
Screaming Bloody Murder
Skumfuk
Underclass Hero
We Will Rock You (Queen cover)
Fat Lip
Pain For Pleasure
http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/11/su ... um=twitter
That can't be right, Nic said they wouldn't be playing Thanks For Nothing
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Set list spoilers!
They also played what were all about. I have some good videos I'll post when I get home tomorrow
I will die if they play this in Toronto. Was it the full thing? And I can't wait for your vids! (I'm DTLI10 tour videos deprived!)
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Just posted this on the TNS social media, thought you guys would love it as well.
Our lovely Nic just woke up on Sum 41's tour bus 7 hours from home. Best mistake ever?
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Image Image

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Just posted this on the TNS social media, thought you guys would love it as well.
Our lovely Nic just woke up on Sum 41's tour bus 7 hours from home. Best mistake ever?
What the fuck? :glad:

That's badass.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Just posted this on the TNS social media, thought you guys would love it as well.
LMAO! oh Nic.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nic is living the dream!
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Nic is living the dream!
Lucky man!
Image Image