Drowning Whales -a band that I produced

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Drowning Whales -a band that I produced

Post by Dylan »

Hey guys this is a song by a local Kelowna band that i produced for a final project. i have hopes to produce more songs for themand hopefully make some money! Please take some time to listen to these clips and tell me what you think! is the bass too loud? can't hear the kick drum?

I'd also ask that if you're listening through speakers that have a bass booster, listen to it without the bass boost and with it and compare it because the bass in the song may not be too loud; your speakers may be too bassy.

The "overproduced" version has background strings, choir and bells that i composed as well as extra vocals. the other version has all that taken away.

I hope to work in a recording studio one day so any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Re: Drowning Whales -a band that I produced

Post by 182sins »

Honestly I think you did a pretty good job there . Just listened to the first mix on my AV-40 and it sounds good. Maybe the kick isn't loud enough. Other than that, it sounds really professional !

It's a shame I can't listen to it on my NS10s, I still haven't bought a power amp for them !