NEW Three Days Grace ALBUM - Transit of Venus

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re:

Post by Noreason757 »

Scoutaloo wrote:Adam left the band?

Gyaaaaaah My life is ending!

Seriously, this is one of my favorite bands. I've been listening to them for years, love most of their work, I'm not sure how the band will continue without Adam, his vocals really made the band for me.

As for their new album, I think it's great, but it takes some warming up to fully appreciate, and certainly sounds different from their older work. About half the album sticks to the band's more prominent roots. Happiness, Misery Loves My Company, Chalk Outline, Anonymous, Operate, and Expectations are all great songs. The other half feels a bit more low tone and soft than the rest, and these didn't quite hit home for me. Sign of the Times, The High Road, Give in to Me, Give Me a Reason, Time that Remains, and Unbreakable Heart all fall into this category.

Overall, the album feels like more of a transitional album executed wrong. I can see how their goal was to give their fans a glimpse of their newer sound and style, while still trying to add some harder songs to keep their older fans with them. But to me, it goes back and forth too forcefully, as if the band itself was unsure of which style to stick with. Now that Adam has left, it will be interesting to see if they follow along with their newer sound, or go back to a style that follows more closely to their older work.
i think they will stick with the new sound cause one reason adam said he quit was because he wasnt the making the music he wanted make.