Q&A with Andrew Conroy (who worked with Tom)

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Q&A with Andrew Conroy (who worked with Tom)

Post by 182sins »

Hi guys, here's a interview Sum 41 France did of Andrew Conroy, who has written some songs with Tom (not for Gob nor Sum 41, he wrote those songs for his own band).

Enjoy !
Could you please quickly introduce yourself and your music project to the sum41 audience ?

I'm Andrew Conroy, and I am a singer from Vancouver, Canada (that's where Tom is from!). I play rock music, and I am also a songwriter and producer.

So, it seems that you're working with Tom Thacker. What does this collaboration exactly consist of ? Are you working on an album ?

Tom and I have written a few songs together, and I am going to be recording them over the next few weeks. I'm going to ask Tom if he'd like to sing on one of the songs.

How did you meet him ?

I first met Tom on the set of a Gob music video. I thought he was really cool, so I messaged him on MySpace and asked if he wanted to write some songs together. He liked my songs, and we emailed back and forth. We then wrote songs together over Skype. It was a really neat experience, and I think the songs are pretty good.

How is it to work with him ?

Its great! Tom is the most talented person I've ever worked with. He really knows music, and how to write catchy songs. We worked really well together, and I would love to work with him again.

I highly doubt you never heard of Sum 41 and Gob... what do you think of this band ? Are they a inspiration for you ?

I have been listening to Sum 41 and Gob since I was a little kid! Sum 41 was my first concert. I think both bands are really awesome. My music definitely sounds a little bit like Sum 41 and Gob. I was very excited to work with Tom since both bands he's in have been big influences on my music.

Have you ever met Sum 41 ?

Yup! I've met Tom several times. One time I ran into him walking on the street. I also met Steve on the Underclass Hero tour. He took a picture with me and was very nice! I haven't met Deryck or Cone, but I'm sure I will some day. Oh and I met Dave Baksh a few years ago.

Do you plan to play in Europe someday ? Sum 41 will do a tour in France, you're welcome as the opening act

I do plan on playing in Europe! I am also an Irish citizen, so I would love to tour the European Union - especially if I was opening for Sum 41! Tom has said I can open for Gob, so maybe with the support of Sum 41 fans in France, I can open for Sum 41 in Europe. When they announce their next European tour, we should all tweet Sum 41 and tell them to have me as the opening act!

Generally speaking, what are your plans for the future ?

I have a single being released on iTunes on March 6th. Its a song called Young & Dumb. You can see the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuizTJKSeQ

I am recording more, and will be releasing more songs throughout 2012. There will be some free downloads as well! But please buy Young & Dumb on March 6th so that I can continue to make great music!

Anything to say about any subject you want ?

If anybody wants to ask me more questions about working with Tom, or about my music, or anything at all, they can Tweet me! http://www.twitter.com/ConroyMusic

Also, Like my Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/AndrewConroyMusic
Many thanks to Amin for the interview !
Last edited by 182sins on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Q&A with Andrew Conroy (who worked with Tom)

Post by SickofEveryone »

Thanks for posting!