Missing In Action [Metalcore]

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Missing In Action [Metalcore]

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, Missing In Action is an Israeli metalcore band. They play melodic metalcore music in the vein of Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Caliban and such. Their singer is really good, and in their debut album which was released last June he sings in clean vocals, screaming, shouting, rap and even some pig squeals haha. Some crazy shit!
They represented Israel in the Wacken Metal Battle last year, so they basically played Wacken 2010, and before that they self-recorded and released a great full-length album. I really recommend listening to them!

Anyway, you should check their album "The Cost of Sacrifice", which was released in June 2010. More info on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/miaband

Get a taste with these tracks:
The Cost of Sacrifice (title track)
One Pure Concept
Hollow Without You
Subconcious
Abolished Hope (Live)
Coexistence Revised (Live)
Freak On a Leash (Korn cover, featuring Miri Milman of System Divide/Distorted)

For fans of: Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Bullet for My Valentine, All That Remains, Caliban.

I know their album is available for downloading in some blogspots and such, even thought they are still unsigned and it's kinda hard to get a copy of it, but still.. it's there, I won't publish it here out of respect for the band.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Re: Missing In Action [Metalcore]

Post by soft-punker »

I only listened to Hollow Without You and it's pretty enjoyable. I think I'll download this album. Thank you!
Last edited by soft-punker on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

soft-punker wrote:I only listened to Hollow Without You and it's pretty enjoyable. I think I'll download this album. Thank you!
No problem! I think these guys are planning maybe doing some shows outside of Israel soon maybe, dunno. I know someone posted a link to their album on some blogspot on their facebook page and the band was actually flattered someone actually uploaded it to a big hardcore/metalcore blogspot site hehe.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

these guys are cool ! all songs ...God,I want to go to Israeli one day,nobody wants to go there,but I really do XD I wonder if Mossad is really so tough

and I kinda got lost in the words above,so how many albums do they actually got ? I'd like to have 'em all
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:these guys are cool ! all songs ...God,I want to go to Israeli one day,nobody wants to go there,but I really do XD I wonder if Mossad is really so tough

and I kinda got lost in the words above,so how many albums do they actually got ? I'd like to have 'em all
Haha, Israel is a cool place really, you could catch here maybe one of Yotam Ben Horin's solo shows or a Useless ID show (though they perform more outside of Israel then actually in Israel haha).

Anyway, these guys only have one album: the one I mentioned above "The Cost of Sacrifice". I also have a demo by them back from 2007.. I was at their first show ever, so they handed it on burned CDs they made and I have these songs ever since - though all demo songs were re-recorded for the album, but still cool to hear them in first raw form.
Last edited by Hentaiman on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

thx ;) and + I forgot to mention the cover ...that one is really cool, it kinda reminds me of the first episode of the 7th season of NCIS XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

No problem. You want me to upload the 2007 demo as well for you?
Btw, tell me what you think about the album when you get it.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

so,I know it took me long,but now I am on my way to listen to it ! I'l just wait till the RA's new album finishes playing and then I am gonna listen to some Missing in Action !

and yeah,the demo would be great ! I didn't notice your offer before ...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Haha awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy the album! I'll up the demo for you!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

thanks ! got it ...and the album was better than I thought it could be , there is not a single song I'd wanna skip ! and the bridges between the screamo singing and normal singing worked out very well imo ...

is it only me or anybody else feels similarity in voice between this singer and Metallica's James Hetfield ? :P

btw: My personal favorites are One Pure Concept,Hollow Without You,List of Sins,The Cost of Sacrifice
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Haha, I know what you mean, I'm also like that... well except maybe "No Regrets", I really don't like this song, dunno why haha, but it's a very solid album indeed, and the singer is great, his clean vocals and screaming are very strong, and yeah, I think I could see a little bit of James Hetfield in his voice hehe.

My personal favorites off the album are: My Advice to You, Hollow Without You, November's Mistake, The Cost of Sacrifice and Flood.

Have you heard the demo? It'll be really cool for you to hear after hearing the songs in their final form on the album, suddenly you'll have them in first stages and home recording quality hehe, but for me it was so different cuz I had the demo since the day it was released and waited up until the album was released almost 3 years later, so it was this level-up to hear.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

not yet,but soon I will,but now I am going out for a while ...I'll check it out as soon as I am back,my 3 fav songs being there got me excited :winkwink:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

so,listened to the demos ! it's always fun to see how much the certain songs have evolved ! One Pure Concept is fucking great,demo and the definite version too !
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I think One Pure Concept is the one song from the demo that really didn't evolve much in the album version but it was definitely touch up more nicely with the production and acoustic guitar which sounds awesome! But song structure-wise, it didn't really change. I guess Cost of Sacrifice also kinda reminded the same.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah that was exactly my thinking while listening to it,I kinda have a strong compulsion to listen to it again,but I am in school right now ...fuck it,I will at 5 pm XD
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Haha, cool. I'm glad I made some new auidence for these guys, they totally deserve it! The singer is also a friend of mine, an I know they don't even care that the album is being uploaded for free on different blogspots and shit as long as they get new fans. Mission accomplished :winkwink: