realistic new set list

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: realistic new set list

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:Also, never saw the reason to play both Welcome to Hell and KOC. I mean.. those songs are basically in the same vein in two of their different albums.. they're both really short, fast and energetic songs and all.. in the same vein. Nothing too cool or artistic not musically nor lyrically, but they just have that energetic effect and are great for live, but no reason to play them both, especially when they extend WTH for no reason to like 6 minutes of just bass interludes.
Unlike you said, it's just not a bass interlude. It's also guitar jamming. In Prague, Deryck attempted to play The Bitter End solo during it. So I think the reason they like to play both is that WTH is for Deryck's and Tom's guitar jamming, while KOC is for Stevo's drum solo.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Also, never saw the reason to play both Welcome to Hell and KOC. I mean.. those songs are basically in the same vein in two of their different albums.. they're both really short, fast and energetic songs and all.. in the same vein. Nothing too cool or artistic not musically nor lyrically, but they just have that energetic effect and are great for live, but no reason to play them both, especially when they extend WTH for no reason to like 6 minutes of just bass interludes.
Unlike you said, it's just not a bass interlude. It's also guitar jamming. In Prague, Deryck attempted to play The Bitter End solo during it. So I think the reason they like to play both is that WTH is for Deryck's and Tom's guitar jamming, while KOC is for Stevo's drum solo.
Really? Deryck tried to play Bitter End solo? haha, how that turned out?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Okay my bad, I reviewed some videos, and it was during the Makes No Difference bridge. But you got my point.

Deryck's attempt? Well, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say 3. :silly:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Okay my bad, I reviewed some videos, and it was during the Makes No Difference bridge. But you got my point.

was it dave that originally did it? in that case, one of the single most badass sum 41 solos is lost forever :balling:
fuck this signature nonsense
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

was it dave that originally did it? in that case, one of the single most badass sum 41 solos is lost forever :balling:
I think Deryck wrote it, but Dave played it. A year ago, when Deryck was asked "If the world was going to end, and the only way to save it was that you had to play The Bitter End solo, how would it go?", Deryck answered "Have no fear". Also, in one of the studio updates he practiced with it, so I think he could pull that off if he tried properly. :silly:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I don't think that was meant to be the bitter end solo.. He did the same thing in duisburg..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

I think Deryck wrote it, but Dave played it. A year ago, when Deryck was asked "If the world was going to end, and the only way to save it was that you had to play The Bitter End solo, how would it go?", Deryck answered "Have no fear". Also, in one of the studio updates he practiced with it, so I think he could pull that off if he tried properly. :silly:
That was me that asked that question! :silly:

I don't think Deryck would've written the solo to The Bitter End as he's stated before he doesn't like the technical side of playing guitar. He once even said it was easy and anyone could do it, but I'm sure Dave wrote that solo. I'm sure if Deryck practiced enough, he could pull it off, which is what I think he meant by his answer to that question.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

My take #2, now that we've heard the new album.

Intro + No Reason / Reason To Believe
We're All To Blame
Skumfuk
Walking Disaster
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
Screaming Bloody Murder
Motivation + 88
Blood In My Eyes
The Hell Song
Mr. Amsterdam / No Brains
Underclass Hero
Jessica Kill / Back Where I Belong / Time For You To Go / Baby You Don't Wanna Know
Still Waiting
In Too Deep
--Encore--
Pieces
Fat Lip
Pain For Pleasure

For the intro, I think they should rotate it by playing either Reason To Believe or Intro + No Reason, so that the start of the show wouldn't always be that predictable. As for the new songs, I think Skumfuk, SBM and BIME would be played on every show, while one new song would be rotated being played later in the show.
The encore, I love the way they have started playing Pieces, Deryck coming alone at first and the rest of the band joining him later. Of course they could play another slow one like What Am I To Say or Crash, but Pieces was such a hit so I think IF they'll play a slow one, they would do Pieces.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

Well here is my second take at this with some new album songs.

Intro + No Reason
We're All To Blame
Skumfuk (with new intro)
Back Where I Belong/Time For You To Go
Over My Head/In Too Deep
Holy Images of Lies
Sick of Everyone
Happiness Machine
Still Waiting
Jessica Kill
88/Hooch

*Encore*
Reason To Believe
Screaming Bloody Murder
Fat Lip
Pain for Plessure

I thing RTB will be best as an opener for the encore. I know I did leave out a lot of other songs like Makes No Difference, Moviation, Underclass Hero, and Walking Diaster but this will only be for the SBM tour.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:My take #2, now that we've heard the new album.

Intro + No Reason / Reason To Believe
We're All To Blame
Skumfuk
Walking Disaster
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
Screaming Bloody Murder
Motivation + 88
Blood In My Eyes
The Hell Song
Mr. Amsterdam / No Brains
Underclass Hero
Jessica Kill / Back Where I Belong / Time For You To Go / Baby You Don't Wanna Know
Still Waiting
In Too Deep
--Encore--
Pieces
Fat Lip
Pain For Pleasure

For the intro, I think they should rotate it by playing either Reason To Believe or Intro + No Reason, so that the start of the show wouldn't always be that predictable. As for the new songs, I think Skumfuk, SBM and BIME would be played on every show, while one new song would be rotated being played later in the show.
The encore, I love the way they have started playing Pieces, Deryck coming alone at first and the rest of the band joining him later. Of course they could play another slow one like What Am I To Say or Crash, but Pieces was such a hit so I think IF they'll play a slow one, they would do Pieces.
I would be happy with this setlist. Also because I was thinking Reason To Believe would make a good opener aswell. Pieces staying in the setlist would also be a bonus!
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Reason To Believe
Screaming Bloody Murder
We're All To Blame
Mr. Amsterdam
Machine Gun
Over My Head
Skumfuk
Jessica Kill
No Brains
Motivation
Blood In My Eyes
Grab The Devil
The Hell Song
Still Waiting
In Too Deep
A Dark Road Out Of Hell

Encore

Intro/No Reason
Makes No Difference
Fat Lip
P4P
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Emil wrote:We're All To Blame
Ah, yes. I would like to see We're All To Blame kept aswell.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

SumGeek wrote:
I second that, it's an amazing song.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:
I don't see why they would ditch it. It's the only song from Chuck they play regularly. :glad:
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

SBM Tour

1. Reason to believe
2. Underclass Hero
3. Skumfuk
4. Mr.Amsterdam
5. Walking Disaster
6. Welcome to hell
7. Jessica Kill or Blood in my eyes
8. Makes no difference
9. No Brains
10. Motivation
11. We're all to blame
12. The Hell Song
13. No Reason
--------------A dark road out of hell-----------------
14. Holy image of lies
15. Sick of everyone
16. Happiness Machine
----------------------------------------------------------
17. Screaming Bloody Murder
18. Fat Lip
19. Still Waiting
----------------------------------------------------------
20. The Bitter End
21. Pain For Pleasure

very difficult to decide...and probably too many songs...but that would be a cool setlist ;D

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

they better frickin start with reason to believe!!!

it'd be epic annnnd im frickin' sick of "the hell song" its getting really old
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

well i can actually see the set-lists on these shows being a lot different than what we are seeing now because they are touring their album at that time and now their just promoting the album
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SBMurder wrote:well i can actually see the set-lists on these shows being a lot different than what we are seeing now because they are touring their album at that time and now their just promoting the album
Well, considering their Underclass Hero Tour consisted of 3 UH songs, I wouldn't count on it.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

TomiT14 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:well i can actually see the set-lists on these shows being a lot different than what we are seeing now because they are touring their album at that time and now their just promoting the album
Well, considering their Underclass Hero Tour consisted of 3 UH songs, I wouldn't count on it.
me neither- they always have to play there hits..it'd be a bummer if you went to sum 41 show and they didnt play fat lip
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

1. Reason to Believe (that sound before the song really starts would be nice)
2. The Hell Song
3. Skumfuk
4. We're all to blame
5. Screaming Bloody Murder
6. Blood in my eyes
7. A Dark Road Out of Hell
8. In too deep
9. Walking Disaster
10. There's no solution or Welcome to Hell
11. Jessica Kill
12. Underclass Hero
13. Baby you Don't wanna know