Bowling for Soup - Fishing for Woos to be released April 26

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Re: Bowling for Soup - Fishing for Woos to be released May 3

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Here they are performing their single live, not all that great tbh, age is catching up with them me thinks

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

awesome audience !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I actually enjoyed Sorry for Partyin' too. There's not really any song I dislike on it
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:Here they are performing their single live, not all that great tbh, age is catching up with them me thinks
The reason why it probably wasn't that good is

1)The people in charge of the audio/video recording didn't do a good job at setting up the mics.
2)The studio versions tend to be better sounding because there are multiple instrument tracks and they edit the sounds to be fuller.
3)They are playing the single for the first time and can not go crazy with it
4)You could be absolutely right and they are getting worse live

Although, they didn't have much motivation to go crazy anyway... I mean look at the crowd out there, they are all older than the BFS members (maybe some are as old, who knows)
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Raku wrote:
MetalMilitant41 wrote:Although, they didn't have much motivation to go crazy anyway... I mean look at the crowd out there, they are all older than the BFS members (maybe some are as old, who knows)
this for sure. I bought live & very attractive (2008) and it is really energic show.
but what the hell is that Chris's beard? :holyshit:

btw. 41 everywhere :hehe:
Last edited by gejmik on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:Here they are performing their single live, not all that great tbh, age is catching up with them me thinks
No. BFS forever. Thats where my childhood and pre-teens headed, you don't diss that shit or you're getting seriously hurt.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

patenttiftw wrote:
No. BFS forever. Thats where my childhood and pre-teens headed, you don't diss that shit or you're getting seriously hurt.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Lol I wasn't dissing them, don't get your knickers in a twist, the performance sounded flatter than usual but thats probably due to the crowd and sound. I understand it's not going to sound like a studio version. All i was saying was that they're approaching middle age and especially Eric (bass) sounded poor here. Jaret still sounds good. Chris has an epic beard but his backing vocals can barely be heard so I guess their set up was poor as well as them being a bit rusty in front of a poor audience and with a new single. Chill those beans, I LOVE TOO MUCH TO SAY THEIR SHIT, BUT I'M HONEST

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I wonder if that fat guitarist gets laid alot.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Duh it's Chris Burney, he's such a chick magnet :2cool4u:

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

he's the coolest guitarist ever ! I'd laid him anyday !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

eh, whoever edited it and did the set up did a terrible job. just with that right it would've been awesome and they would've looked like they were having more fun. they're great live
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:Lol I wasn't dissing them, don't get your knickers in a twist, the performance sounded flatter than usual but thats probably due to the crowd and sound. I understand it's not going to sound like a studio version. All i was saying was that they're approaching middle age and especially Eric (bass) sounded poor here. Jaret still sounds good. Chris has an epic beard but his backing vocals can barely be heard so I guess their set up was poor as well as them being a bit rusty in front of a poor audience and with a new single. Chill those beans, I LOVE TOO MUCH TO SAY THEIR SHIT, BUT I'M HONEST
Haha dude I wasn't serious so you shouldn't have gotten provoked by that. I wished a little funnier answer from you in response but pff, whatever dude.

Well ok, they're actually getting pretty old, Jaret is soon 39, Erik is filling 37 this year, Chris is 41, Gary 31.. But still, they're the same age as Green Day, or a even a little younger than them so you shouldn't really give a shit about that since Billie Joe still keeps acting like he's 20 or whatever, and well, Bowling for Soup is just Bowling for Soup. They don't need to grow up. And they're not acting like 20 or anything atleast.
Last edited by patenttiftw on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Raku
Ma Poubelle

Post by Raku »

Not to be picky, but that video was extremely weak... Especially since they songs with better vids under their belt =/
Last edited by Raku on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raku
Ma Poubelle

Post by Raku »

Phuck, I hate double posting...

Anyway, I have some new songs for you guys to enjoy

Girls in America
Spoiler: show
love the ending riff =D
Turbulence
Meh, not a fan of this soft song... It is alright though =/
What About Us? (Acoustic)
To be honest, I can not fairly judge this one because it is acoustic...
The song is still good, can not wait to see how the full version sounds =)
Raku
Ma Poubelle

Re: Bowling for Soup - Fishing for Woos to be released April

Post by Raku »

Even though I just listened to it the first time today I decided I would review it now on my second listen. The only problem is that some of these songs I have listen to more than a few times now, so they will be reviewed differently =/

Also I will be putting the review in spoilers so it won't ruin it for the people who have not listened to the album yet.
1. Let's Pretend We're Not in Love
This song is great, it has the sound that made me love BFS in the first place. It has that texan/punk feel mixed with a little heavy vibe and it sounds great! One of the songs that gave me hope that this album would be a charmer... Well the album didn't exactly do that, but we will find out why...
2. Girls in America
Another song I managed to listen to before the album was released and it is great. It sounds like a BFS song, but sadly some parts sound like parry gripp came on over and put in some of his solo work into it... I mean parry gripp isn't that bad, it's just not good for bfs... Also through out the song Jaret tries to give off the vibe that he is still a punk and no matter how much he changes, he will forever be a punk with his "oh oh oh's" in the song and awesome guitar rifts at the end... Another flaw they could've done away with is the kids cheering, but it isn't that bad.
3. S-S-S-Saturday
The song has a melody put in there that is almost a throwback to HSNE and it does a good job at that. This song also somewhat goes back to the old sound, but it still suffers from the new sound... This song would have done better without the group vocals on it...
4. What About Us
The first time I heard this song was the acoustic version that I found on youtube and I was hoping it was heavier... Well it really wasn't that heavy, but it isn't a bad ballad... I was just hoping for something heavy, something to dance to. I also enjoyed the shout out that BFS made to a touring partner, you have to listen to the song to find out who they made a shout out to
5. Here's Your Freakin' Song
This song had a lot of filler in the beginning and at the end with a bunch of studio BS... This song is absolutely terrible, it reminds me of a Andrew WK song and I hate his work. This song also sounds like it would fit perfectly on their sorry for partyin' album, and you guys know how much I dislike that album.There isn't much I have to say about it, except for the fact that it really doesn't sound like BFS. Oh god, and those fucking group vocals...
6. This Ain't My Day
We all know this band isn't known for writing amazing lyrics... Although I bet they could write circles around AvA, any day. This song sounds good, it is also a throwback to their earlier album work (Great Burrito or maybe even before that back to Drunk enough)
7. Smiley Face (It's All Good)
Now I heard someone didn't like this song, but it isn't that bad. I mean the song is somewhat catchy, I really enjoy it... I mean sure the lyrics might be terrible, but like I said for the last song... The lyrics don't matter for this band right now. Again, this song is def a throwback to their earlier work post Drunk enough up to Extortion Case)
8. Turbulence (feat. Gabriel Mann)
This song I also dislike, it sounds like it would fit perfectly on a girly show or girly movie and if not that, this would fit on a Disney movie/show... It also doesn't sound much like a BFS song.
9. I’ve Never Done Anything Like This (feat. Kay Hanley)
I really enjoyed this song when I first heard this song and I still enjoy it. I really love the throwback to 80's pop music. Kay really compliments Jaret, I think Jaret should either do more songs with her in the future or pull in more girl singers for future albums/songs.
10. Friends Chicks Guitars
Another song I listen to more than a few times. Like the first song on the album, this song gave me hope for this album and I think that is a bad thing... That discussion will be saved for my overall opinion though, this is a song by song review. Not a free for all =D
This song also has studio BS at the end of it, but this BS isn't really that bad. The reason why I was irritated with the last song was because the song wasn't that good, but they ended that song with immaturity and the studio stuff in the beginning and end of "Here's Your Freakin' Song" was really unnecessary
11. Guard My Heart (2010)
I heard this song before on their rarity album that fans put together. Not a bad song at all; I'm glad they finally released this song on a major album release.
12. "Graduation Trip"
I really don't mind this song, it is kind of a chill song to relax to =)

My overall opinion
High Points Let's Pretend We're Not in Love, Guard My Heart
Low Points Here's Your Freakin' Song, Turbulence
Overall, I can not say I am too disappointed nor can I claim that all my expectations were met... There are some songs this album could do without (hell even fit on their last album.) Also some songs that aren't that bad, just need a little tweaking to make them better.
The only thing I am disappointed about is that they said this would be a major throwback to their early work and it fully wasn't; other than that, the album is still good.
I give this album 6.5 out of 10
Last edited by Raku on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re: Bowling for Soup - Fishing for Woos to be released April

Post by FuckT41182 »

BfS are so fucking awesome, they never disappoint me, their music is simple as hell, but they've been doing it great for so long now!