Yellowcard

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Yellowcard reuniting!!(?)

Post by FuckT41182 »

new album is done !

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2002342

and the ubdate took my hopes even higher ...I can't wait to hear their new album ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I finally got around to listen to this band and all of thir new records really suck compared to the first two. The old singer was much better.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

what is this thing with the word SUCK ? I think that the only reason you like the older stuff is because you like the older sound ...now with Key it is a lot slower ...I think that is the only reason you do not like the newer records ...not a notable one though ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

I like the old guys voice better aswell.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

i don't mind any of their albums. probs like ocean avenue the best. they're a good band.

also, the song Sureshot from their one for the kids album. at like 2 minutes 20 in or so, that bit sounds just like teenage dirtbag (on guitar)
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Emil wrote:I finally got around to listen to this band and all of thir new records really suck compared to the first two. The old singer was much better.
when did they change the singer?
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

Still Waiting wrote:
Emil wrote:I finally got around to listen to this band and all of thir new records really suck compared to the first two. The old singer was much better.
when did they change the singer?
After Where We Stand I guess so that makes One For The Kids the first album that Ryan Key was singing in.
Last edited by patenttiftw on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Oh, they ruined an awesome Lagwagon song aswell.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Yellowcard Reveal Album Title

Yellowcard will release When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes in March 2011.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I have a feeling this Yellowcard album will be out before Screaming Bloody Murder. I mean, those guys reunited just in last September, and already announced that they are making an album, and already they finished the recording and have a name and the release date and all... it took SBM to get to this stage more than a year, and we still don't have a release date and the album title was never officially announced. There was no official announcement on Facebook, twitter or their official site about it.. they just confirmed it in interviews cuz it was all over the net but they haven't announced it themselves.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah ...you know what would be fucking funny ?:D If Yellowcard new album will be better :D
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I don't think it'll be better.. considering they also did it that fast, it's probably going to be a lighthearted nice pop punk album... with all that work on SBM, I really know it's going to be epic and Deryck is a perfectionist in these terms.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah but ...there are albums made in 2 months and better than the ones made in 2 years :P and I don´t really think Sum 41 were working on SBM that long because they wanted to make an epic record ...there was more drinking,throwing chairs to the pool and burning guitars than recording ...but it still can be epic...it´s not the time taken to make an album that defines the quality of it ...it´s ideas ...I also believe in Deryck ...but I believe in Yellowcard too ...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

if it's just like the last album, I'll be happy. if it's as good as Ocean Avenue my testicles will explode in excitement.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

New song!!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I like it.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I also like it ! can't wait to hear it in studio version ...I guess this is one of the faster songs :)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

FuckT41182 wrote:yeah but ...there are albums made in 2 months and better than the ones made in 2 years :P and I don´t really think Sum 41 were working on SBM that long because they wanted to make an epic record ...there was more drinking,throwing chairs to the pool and burning guitars than recording ...but it still can be epic...it´s not the time taken to make an album that defines the quality of it ...it´s ideas ...I also believe in Deryck ...but I believe in Yellowcard too ...
Well, yeah, its true, AKNF and DTLI were actually albums that were made in a month or two between the band's constant non-stop touring so they couldn't really arrange the ideas the way they did with SBM here and re-written the whole album since the beginning, but those two are still fuckin' epic, so I guess you're right.

I actually didn't like Yellowcard's last album, but anything until Lights and Sounds (especially Ocean Avenue) is great, so if the album will sound like that, it'll be epic.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:yeah but ...there are albums made in 2 months and better than the ones made in 2 years :P and I don´t really think Sum 41 were working on SBM that long because they wanted to make an epic record ...there was more drinking,throwing chairs to the pool and burning guitars than recording ...but it still can be epic...it´s not the time taken to make an album that defines the quality of it ...it´s ideas ...I also believe in Deryck ...but I believe in Yellowcard too ...
Well, yeah, its true, AKNF and DTLI were actually albums that were made in a month or two between the band's constant non-stop touring so they couldn't really arrange the ideas the way they did with SBM here and re-written the whole album since the beginning, but those two are still fuckin' epic, so I guess you're right.

I actually didn't like Yellowcard's last album, but anything until Lights and Sounds (especially Ocean Avenue) is great, so if the album will sound like that, it'll be epic.
I hope with ya ! I am kinda beginning to feel like none of my favorite bands will ever make an awesome record ...the last ones that I really enjoyed were Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin,Life Starts Now by Three Days Grace,The Constant by SotY,Sorry for Partying by BfS and BIlly Talent III...yeah and Rise Against Appeal to Reason was pretty good too ...but Jimmy Eat World,Simple Plan,Good Charlotte,Boys Like Girls and more fucked with me :D Now my hopes are looking in SBM direction,Blink 182 direction and also MCR direction...

and I still didn't listen to A Day To Remember new album ...so I hope I'll enjoy it ...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Don't get your hopes up too much for ADTR's new one. It's good as a pop punk record but sucks as an ADTR record, and I like those guys a lot! They are probably my fav band at the moment and I'm disappointed! as a post-hardcore/punk record it kinda fails... but it has this song "You'll Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic" which is amazing and sounds like something off FTWHH or Homesick, which the new album sounds nothing like.