Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Jeremy Kill
Re: Blink 182 Something Big

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:Makes me wonder why Tom from Sum 41 doesn't just make Gob his side-project and focus more on Sum 41.

It's his real bread'n'butter to be honest.
That would be such a dick move. To quit a band because you can get more money from another band.
Not to mention Deryck already has a monopoly on the band and probably wouldn't give Tom much creative space. Tom also won't be earning much money as he wouldn't even get any royalties from the band's previous songs. So yeah, to leave Gob just to play in a more popular band that would only restrict you as a musician is a total dick move.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:Makes me wonder why Tom from Sum 41 doesn't just make Gob his side-project and focus more on Sum 41.

That would be such a dick move. To quit a band because you can get more money from another band.
Plus, Tom wouldn't even get that much money if he joined Sum 41 because Deryck would have the say on what goes on with the songs (not to mention Tom wouldn't say anything anyway as he already does this) and he wouldn't get any royalties from the songs since he didn't write any of them. His creativity would be limited in Sum 41 more-so than with Gob.

PS - I had made post already regarding this, but it doesn't show up even though the thread says the latest post was made by me. So I rewrote the post to the best of my ability.
turtlehobopirate
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Minna
Instrument 1: Acoustic Guitar

Post by turtlehobopirate »

My faith in blink is currently on the fence.

Wikipedian Protester

http://xkcd.com/
http://explosm.net/
My masters are Reem and Aaron and they are awesome. My awesome n00b is Gutter Dreams. Don't mess with them.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

turtlehobopirate wrote:My faith in blink is currently on the fence.
hah. same with a lot of people. if they never released anything, or never came to australia, i would probably pretty much stop listening to them. but atm i think they will release something...it'll just take a long long time
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Tyler. wrote:
turtlehobopirate wrote:My faith in blink is currently on the fence.
hah. same with a lot of people. if they never released anything, or never came to australia, i would probably pretty much stop listening to them. but atm i think they will release something...it'll just take a long long time
http://www.182online.com/2010/06/24/tom ... this-week/
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

yup

and mark said today that they're in there on monday :D
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

and is the Famous stars and straps company any famous in USA ???or Travis could sell one of his cars or Tom could sell one of his houses or Mark could do the same thing ...and now Mark's going to have his own fucking TV show where he will talk with famous musicians or with some new bands that tries to get some credit ...maybe he won't get paid I don't know ...

btw : they all gave their money from one show to the hospital that saved Travis life ...if they will use the money like that then I don't give a fuck why they'll earn it ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:

Not to mention Tom would hardly make any money from doing that. He wouldn't have any creative input in the band because Deryck already controls 95% of the songwriting process and Tom wouldn't have any royalties from past songs. He'd be leaving a to go to a band where he's way more limited as a songwriter. So yeah, total dick move.

By the way, I've been trying to make this post for two days now. I hope this thread's done being an idiot.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Emil wrote:

Not to mention Tom would hardly make any money from doing that. He wouldn't have any creative input in the band because Deryck already controls 95% of the songwriting process and Tom wouldn't have any royalties from past songs. He'd be leaving a to go to a band where he's way more limited as a songwriter. So yeah, total dick move.

By the way, I've been trying to make this post for two days now. I hope this thread's done being an idiot.
Yeah, Jake fixed it and even recovered Kyle's massive post. Still had no idea how it happened though :(
[donate][/donate]
Macbeth
Billy Spleen
First name: Juan

Post by Macbeth »

pff, my penis is way bigger than that.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

well mark's been updating regularly, and some other bands twitter talked about how they could hear blink practicing next door as well. think mark also said they were doing some writing (Y) sounds pretty good so far
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

if the new Blink material has any kind of space sounds in it I'm gonna fly over to America and knock Tom the fuck out.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

CUNT wrote:if the new Blink material has any kind of space sounds in it I'm gonna fly over to America and knock Tom the fuck out.
hahaha. not now and asthenia had some space sounds or sorts at the start. but i pretty much agree. he can use some delay but not AVA style delay. way less full on delay. but im pretty sure all 3 of the guys have equal input on the songs and mark won't let him do that.

also, he said a while back in response to a question asking about AVA sounds in blink that it just didn't fit and wasn't right.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

but Asthenia and Not Know are perfect songs ... ;) Asthenia used to be my favorite song :winkwink:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

yup. asthenia and not now are fucking epic blink songs. the spacey intros are kinda unecessary anyway.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

The one thing that bugs me about the self-titled album is the long intros to songs like Stockholm Syndrome and Asthenia. And The Fallen Interlude. They just slows it down.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:The one thing that bugs me about the self-titled album is the long intros to songs like Stockholm Syndrome and Asthenia. And The Fallen Interlude. They just slows it down.
yeah but in Asthenia it's cool I think ...the NASA talking fits very well in the lyrics of the song :)
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

^ it's too quiet though lol. in my car the guitar and singing is too loud when it starts but i can't even hear the damn space bit. sort of happens with my good speakers inside as well haha
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Stockholm Syndrome is a tune. I want more siongs like that, fast with mark & Tom kind of singing against each other, if you knwo what I mean!. kind of like Pathetic from Dude Ranch
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

CUNT wrote:Stockholm Syndrome is a tune. I want more siongs like that, fast with mark & Tom kind of singing against each other, if you knwo what I mean!. kind of like Pathetic from Dude Ranch
Stockholm Syndrome and Go are my favourite songs from the record. Mostly because Mark sings most of them and he writes way better songs than Tom. Allthough on those songs Tom's voice is a nice addition to the song.