NASA

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
basoora
First name: all is well
NASA

Post by basoora »

When is NASA going to start building a colony on the moon? I have heard that NASA wants to do something like that?
Last edited by basoora on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madjid

Re: NASA

Post by Madjid »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Classic.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

nudez or I'm gonna ignore this thread.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Shiv »

lmao what a dumb first post

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Tyler41
Walking Disaster
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Tyler41 »

best first post ever. i hope i'm the first person to have sex on the moon.
All that I need is time for me to breathe. Dream little dreams that only I believe. Now that I see beyond the light, I'm gonna be, I'll be alright.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Tyler41 wrote:best first post ever. i hope i'm the first person to have sex on the moon.
Haha, Clerks II ref :winkwink:
Jay wrote:Jay: You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and shit. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and shit. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherfucker to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform... and fuck it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy fucked a Martian once."
Epic movie.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

Madjid wrote:
Tyler41 wrote:best first post ever. i hope i'm the first person to have sex on the moon.
Haha, Clerks II ref :winkwink:
Jay wrote:Jay: You know, sometimes I wish I did a little more with my life instead of hanging out in front of places selling weed and shit. Like, maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and shit. Or maybe an astronaut. Yeah. Like, be the first motherfucker to see a new galaxy, or find a new alien lifeform... and fuck it. And people'd be like, "There he goes. Homeboy fucked a Martian once."
Epic movie.
haha jus saw that movie again yesterday

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Ortix
First name: Nick

Post by Ortix »

Ok i'm going to be serious about this post since i'm an aspiring aerospace engineer and an avid space fan.

First of all, building a colony will require putting loads of humans there. That requires giant ships to transport them, which we currently can't build due to MONEY restrictions (oh the tech has been here since apollo, dudes...)

But let's say you are talking about a moon base like the ISS is a space "base". Well short answer: not for a long time.

Long answer: They are not going to as of yet. Obama's space vision proposed to send astronauts first to an asteroid to test long and deep space travel. We need protection from radiation from the sun (which we have when we are close to the earth/moon) otherwise our astronauts will simply die from a giant tumor growing in their body. Apparently Obama wants to push the limits of nasa to new horizons by doing something we haven't done before.

What it comes down to is that the US will to the stuff on the Grand scale to be there first... then other countries will go to that place and build huge bases.

I believe that china or japan will have a functional moon base by 2025. Coolest thing: It is VERY VERY likely that we will have that "colony" you were talking about by 2050, with tourist flights to the moon. NASA will be out exploring shit and other countries will be building stuff on the explored celestial bodies.

So if i were you i would save up money cuz them trips to the moon will come down to half a million a trip... if not more?

So yeah... NASA will NOT build a colony there for a VERY long time. It won't be till 2100 that we'll have a colony on mars.

THEN... yes.. then we are basically done in space until we invent the FTL drive. So if humans finally decide to become smart and care about their future and follow their exploration instincts, we can put all of our scientists together and get a working FTL drive in 20 years or so after we have colonized mars. (cuz we won't have any motivation to do it before...)

Thank you for reading my post.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

read ur post
very interesting stuff man :2cool4u:

Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Russia > The U.S @ space stuff.
Europe > The U.S @ Sports, cute girls, and touristic sites.
Africa > The U.S @ Big cocks.

OWNED
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

before anyone colonizes the moon, we need to figure out how to stop human bones from decalcifying in low gravity conditions...
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Jake! wrote:before anyone colonizes the moon, we need to figure out how to stop human bones from decalcifying in low gravity conditions...
Nerd.

OWNED
Ortix
First name: Nick

Post by Ortix »

Madjid wrote:
Jake! wrote:before anyone colonizes the moon, we need to figure out how to stop human bones from decalcifying in low gravity conditions...
Nerd. <<< fail
This is very true. Centripital force i say... or fire up that damn LHC and find that effing graviton and put it inside a spaceship somehow!