Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Mitchell »

finglemaster wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:What bothers me is that it says '~out of hell

Maybe there's supposed to be a word in front of out but the author doesn't remember the exact word and wants to point out that there's supposed the be another word in front of the rest of the title..
it can't be a typo since you have to press shift and go all the way to the left to get to this character..

Edit: it's not all the way to the left but it's still unlikely to accidentally enter that character.. it's where the 0 is located on the keyboard.. but by the looks of it you have to press another key like shift to get to that character..
You have a Japanese keyboard?
nope.. but I do have google
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Whatever...
omgadam
First name: Adam

Post by omgadam »

Maybe there's supposed to be a word in front of out but the author doesn't remember the exact word and wants to point out that there's supposed the be another word in front of the rest of the title..
it can't be a typo since you have to press shift and go all the way to the left to get to this character..

Edit: it's not all the way to the left but it's still unlikely to accidentally enter that character.. it's where the 0 is located on the keyboard.. but by the looks of it you have to press another key like shift to get to that character..
By bothering you do you mean your just curious as to the true title? or that you want it be like not out of hell lol. I think if out of hell is the actual title it could be super dark if that's what they wanted to do. Like it could be something like he thought he got out of the hell that was, but then realizes that hell is everywhere, or something to that extent.

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

omgadam wrote:

By bothering you do you mean your just curious as to the true title? or that you want it be like not out of hell lol. I think if out of hell is the actual title it could be super dark if that's what they wanted to do. Like it could be something like he thought he got out of the hell that was, but then realizes that hell is everywhere, or something to that extent.
I keep having this feeling that there's supposed to be something in front of it.. and that's what bothers me..

It's possible that it's called 'straight out of hell'
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Simon wrote:To me the sound is just fine, even the Skumfuk pre-master mix. Drums are powerful and clean, guitars and vocals are in good balance and you can hear the bass pretty good. Actually I think it sounds much better than Chuck because there the drums were a bit too hifi (lots of top and bottom frequencies, almost no mids) and kind of noisy, they didn't have the even punch of real drums. DTLI seemed to be the best one from a production point of view. AKNF was overproduced with the pitched crash cymbals and shit. UH was decent, but a bit weak.

So, my audio engineer's ears are very pleased with SBM so far.

well what most people don't realize is that producers often bring in a lot of their own equipment which they are well known for using in order to get really awesome sounds. and it was pretty obvious that Greig Nori had a lot of awesome guitar gear and knew how to get the best guitar tones. there was an older interview out there where he describes how he got the tones on DTLI and Chuck and how much work it took. now that Sum 41 doesn't work with him anymore they don't have all of his equipment and knowledge to recreate what they once had.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

kevin5064 wrote:
Simon wrote:To me the sound is just fine, even the Skumfuk pre-master mix. Drums are powerful and clean, guitars and vocals are in good balance and you can hear the bass pretty good. Actually I think it sounds much better than Chuck because there the drums were a bit too hifi (lots of top and bottom frequencies, almost no mids) and kind of noisy, they didn't have the even punch of real drums. DTLI seemed to be the best one from a production point of view. AKNF was overproduced with the pitched crash cymbals and shit. UH was decent, but a bit weak.

well what most people don't realize is that producers often bring in a lot of their own equipment which they are well known for using in order to get really awesome sounds. and it was pretty obvious that Greig Nori had a lot of awesome guitar gear and knew how to get the best guitar tones. there was an older interview out there where he describes how he got the tones on DTLI and Chuck and how much work it took. now that Sum 41 doesn't work with him anymore they don't have all of his equipment and knowledge to recreate what they once had.
They shouldn't try to recreate their old sound.. they just have to do what they think is best.. Deryck put a lot of effort in the guitar sounds.. that's for sure.. and I like it
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

Baby You Don't Wanna Know sounds like a title for one of Justin Bieber his songs.

I'm sure Sums version will rock the shit.
I can't wait for all those damn songs!!!!!!!

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Jojothebatteur
First name: Jordan
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar-bass
Instrument 3: Piano-vocals

Post by Jojothebatteur »

kevin5064 wrote:

Do you still have this interview? 'cause i'd be very interested in reading it ;)
Sum 41 Fr Translator
http://sum41-france.com/
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Me too, I can't remember watching it. Although I do remember watching a lot of the DTLI stuff years ago when it all eventually made it's way to Youtube.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
omgadam
First name: Adam

Post by omgadam »

Simon wrote:Me too, I can't remember watching it. Although I do remember watching a lot of the DTLI stuff years ago when it all eventually made it's way to Youtube.
I love the pizza heist and campus invasion on the bonus DVD :hehe:

Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

That's way older and was just re-released as bonus material later. I was actually talking about the production/writing process of DTLI.
- Stevo32

keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

Baby You Don't Wanna Know sounds like it could be a cool piano Sinatra style sort of song, very bluesy and such, like the piano we heard Steve recording drums to in the earlier studio updates?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

maybe "~out of hell (see song)" is fucked-up-google-translation-japanese for "hell song pt 2" !!!?!?!?! i know what your saying "you're fucked in the head", "that'll never happen", "get out of my bathroom". but answer me THIS; why are none of the other named titles fucked up?!!?! RIDDLE ME THAT!!!
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

"out of hell" could just be part of the lyrics because someone didn't remember the actual songtitle, hence the "~" and "(see song)"
- Stevo32

kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:They shouldn't try to recreate their old sound.. they just have to do what they think is best.. Deryck put a lot of effort in the guitar sounds.. that's for sure.. and I like it
i never said they should try to recreate their old sound. people were saying they liked the guitar tones from Chuck and DTLI and i simply said the reason they aren't getting the similar unique tones out of the guitars was because they don't have Greig Nori around to help with it. and i guess Deryck puts a lot of effort into his guitar tone even though his setup sounds REALLY watered down and thin live. everyone notices that, i've seen people on here complain about it plenty of times. it has gotten better though and i don't think the new album will really lack that much in that area.
Jojothebatteur wrote:Do you still have this interview? 'cause i'd be very interested in reading it ;)
that interview was so long ago on some random guitar website, and there are so many of those so i would have no idea where to find it. it was posted on the old Summer41 message boards which i don't believe are even around anymore.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

do you think Sums will get us another song apart from SBM and Skumfuk before the album is officially released ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

FuckT41182 wrote:do you think Sums will get us another song apart from SBM and Skumfuk before the album is officially released ?
doubt it, anything new we hear now before the release date will be a leak rather than anything from the band or label themselves.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:do you think Sums will get us another song apart from SBM and Skumfuk before the album is officially released ?
doubt it, anything new we hear now before the release date will be a leak rather than anything from the band or label themselves.
you can never know :) but I agree that label probably will not release anything ...but there is a chance that they will let them release one of the songs Deryck wanted to release before ...have no hopes for the 12-minutes long song though

oh fuck,this page is ours,Bobby !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

not anymore :glad:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

delete...