Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Re: the truth

Post by Simon »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Simon wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:Yeah Scumfuck is definitely a filler song. Its on the level of Billy Spleen.
You couldn't be more wrong. They said it's a deep cut and that alone disproves you statement. Besides, why would any song on the new album have to be a filler when Deryck spent so much time writing more than he needed?
The circumstances under which DTLI was done can in no way be compared to this other than acknowledging it's on a completely different level.
That's how I view it I mean. I've always ignored Billy Spleen on DTLI (who doesn't?) and this song will probably be the same for me when the album releases.
Well, that's your thing. I agree on Billy Spleen being filler track (as are quite a few DTLI tracks), but it just makes absolutely no sense with Scumfuck.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's hard to say with Scumfuck since it was almost cut from the album anyway. It either could've been cut for not fitting in with the album musically (style and everything) or that it just wasn't that good. But it stayed on the album or whatever reason.

I doubt this album will have any such filler as Billy Spleen though. I skip that song as well and I'd rather listen to Scumfuck.

The thing I like about Scumfuck is how laid back it is. It starts off with the drums and some feedback. You can hear the fingers on the strings. Then Deryck comes in with the "Yeeeah!" Nothing really sounds forced, unlike some songs on Underclass Hero. It just seemed like some songs from that album were too polished and thought-out. This song just seems more natural.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

kILLDR3n wrote:I've always ignored Billy Spleen on DTLI (who doesn't?)
I don't ...a year ago,there was a time when I've listened to Billy Spleen everyday more than 20 times ...I really like the song ...

No matter what I say
You turn your back away
It's never gonna break you
It's never gonna make you fall

LOVE IT !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

FuckT41182 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:I've always ignored Billy Spleen on DTLI (who doesn't?)
I don't ...a year ago,there was a time when I've listened to Billy Spleen everyday more than 20 times ...I really like the song ...

No matter what I say
You turn your back away
It's never gonna break you
It's never gonna make you fall

LOVE IT !
For some reason the chorus of Billy Spleen is what really brings back memories of first listening to Does This Look Infected?. All the other songs don't have that effect on me. I don't mind the chorus, but the rest of the song I can live without.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote: For some reason the chorus of Billy Spleen is what really brings back memories of first listening to Does This Look Infected?. All the other songs don't have that effect on me.
Yeah, what's that about? Same here.

Skumfuk might not make the album though, they're only calling it a "potential song from Sum 41's new album Screaming Bloody Murder" on the new video they made for it.

I love Billy Spleen, went through a similar phase with it last year too! I particularly like the last chorus where the octave chords become more audible. Skumfuk is excellent aswell, really cool production and the vocals are on another level