Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: 12 min song discussion

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I guess Island help their major breakthrough with AKNF when they were just signed to Island back in 2000, but ever since AKNF the band never was as big as then. I guess DTLI also enjoyed some kind of commercial success with singles such as Still Waiting and The Hell Song but still, it was no Fat Lip or In Too Deep, and with Chuck and UH this success just kinda disappeared as they progressed, so that sucks...
It's like they promoted the Sums when it was hot with the whole pop punk trend of the early 00s but somewhere with Chuck when the band also went into an another non-popular direction, Island just decided to invest less and less in the band's promotion and stuff.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Chuck went gold so it wasn't a commercial failure in any way.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah I think Pieces enjoyed a bit of a success ...and international success is not everything ...most of the songs of Chuck are the most popular among true Sum 41 fans ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:yeah I think Pieces enjoyed a bit of a success ...and international success is not everything ...most of the songs of Chuck are the most popular among true Sum 41 fans ...
But Island Records don't give a shit about fans. The only thing that they care about is money.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:yeah I think Pieces enjoyed a bit of a success ...and international success is not everything ...most of the songs of Chuck are the most popular among true Sum 41 fans ...
But Island Records don't give a shit about fans. The only thing that they care about is money.
I know that ...but I dont care about IR ...my post has nothing in common with IR ...I just wanted to say that Chuck was a good album for true fans ...and Pieces was successful worldwide ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
I know that ...but I dont care about IR ...my post has nothing in common with IR ...I just wanted to say that Chuck was a good album for true fans ...and Pieces was successful worldwide ...
i think SBM will be very similar- it may not be a mainstream success, but it will be loved among real sum 41 fans, and one or two tracks may get recognised internationally.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
i think SBM will be very similar- it may not be a mainstream success, but it will be loved among real sum 41 fans, and one or two tracks may get recognised internationally.
I want it to be a mainstream success. I want Sum 41 to be known again.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
not TOO known. I don't want them to play big venues. I love the small ones they play now. The vibe is always better in smaller ones.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Shelley41 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
not TOO known. I don't want them to play big venues. I love the small ones they play now. The vibe is always better in smaller ones.
I want them to be where Linkin Park is right now, not sound wise but in terms of popularity.
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
I want them to be where Linkin Park is right now...
You hate Sum 41, right?
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

You guys are jokes.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Actually, I wouldn't mind if Sum 41 got mainstream again if their album was the most mature, heaviest (as in intense, not necessarily music-wise like guitar riffs), artistic and best work they've ever done.

To go mainstream because of a bratty teen anthem is one thing, but to do it again 10 years later with music that resembles nothing from what made you famous in the first place is something else. It's like the class clown in high school that comes back to the 10 year reunion as some rich, powerful, person that does charity work.

That being said, I would've been extremely disappointed if Underclass Hero launched Sum 41 back into Fat Lip stardom as it is, in essence, a rehash of Fat Lip.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

kILLDR3n wrote:You guys are jokes.
If you want people who only know their singles liking them, fine.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Raku wrote:
I want everybody to like them. Of course if their singles are good then people will like them.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Raku wrote:
you really cant stand it ??I dont care if they listen to Sum 41 or not ...who cares ..
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

To all concerned Fat Lip =/= Underclass Hero. Also, have any admins here, tried inquiring (to the band) about the release of this song or the album at all?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Schmiznatch wrote:To all concerned Fat Lip =/= Underclass Hero. Also, have any admins here, tried inquiring (to the band) about the release of this song or the album at all?
it would be useless ...I dont know if you noticed but Sum 41 know nothing about when it will be possible for them to release the 12 minutes long song ...if you wanna know,write an email to Island Records or call them and expect no response ...
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Schmiznatch wrote:To all concerned Fat Lip =/= Underclass Hero. Also, have any admins here, tried inquiring (to the band) about the release of this song or the album at all?
I know a few asked about it and I remember tom saying that this song should've been out by now.

As for the album Deryck said beginning if next year. It also said that in a magazine....I think it was kerrang.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

spider-man wrote:to be honest, I think there is a very high chance that this album won't ever get released, at least under island. they might have to break away and start all over. just look at what happened to hanson when they were on island.
Island = Gestapo... jk I don't think they're that bad

Remember that Muse album that came out in 2001? Their record label didn't release the album in the US till 2005 because they refused to remove the falsetto vocals to make it more radio friendly. :holyshit:
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

You know I started thinking how about we do one of those online petitions to get this song out. I say if we get enough people they might actually release it!! Who thinks this is a good idea?