The Best Long Song

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: The Best Long Song

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:So because those bands don't mainstream, then they suck? Lol. You should've learned it by now, that the underground bands are more unique and talented, than the mainstream shit.
Spoiler: show
Anyway, I really like Green Day
I ever thought that The Beatles were just untalented bunch of not musicians ...
I like the Beatles. When I said that the mainstream sucks, I meant it sucks nowadays.
yeh but then ...Sum 41,GD,Blink 182,Billy Talent,Good Charlotte and much much fucking more of my favorite music suck ...
I like those bands too (except Good Charlotte), but you have to admit that they're not really unique. They do nothing that we haven't heard before. They have simple music, catchy choruses and they sing about issues that everyone can relate to.
If you will name just one band with a sound like Billy Talent then I will agree ...I find them all unique ...so do Three Days Grace,Breaking Benjamin,P.O.D and more...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:So because those bands don't mainstream, then they suck? Lol. You should've learned it by now, that the underground bands are more unique and talented, than the mainstream shit.
I ever thought that The Beatles were just untalented bunch of not musicians ...
I like the Beatles. When I said that the mainstream sucks, I meant it sucks nowadays.
yeh but then ...Sum 41,GD,Blink 182,Billy Talent,Good Charlotte and much much fucking more of my favorite music suck ...
I like those bands too (except Good Charlotte), but you have to admit that they're not really unique. They do nothing that we haven't heard before. They have simple music, catchy choruses and they sing about issues that everyone can relate to.
If you will name just one band with a sound like Billy Talent then I will agree ...I find them all unique ...so do Three Days Grace,Breaking Benjamin,P.O.D and more...
Billy Talent's self-titled album (which has a strong post-hardcore influence on it) has a similiar sound to At the Drive-In. Just listen to this song:

[youtube]7NYbojdoAQE[/youtube]
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Back on topic please people.

My favourite long songs are Soldiers of the Wasteland.
And
[donate][/donate]
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:JoS is overrated. Ok, it's one of Green Day's best songs, but come on, there are a lot of better long songs out.
Some of my favourite 10+ min songs:
- The Mars Volta - Cicatriz ESP
- Converge - Jane Doe
- La Dispute - The Last Lost Continent

And AFI's "...But Home Is Nowhere" is pretty good, too.
You say that, then list off a bunch of bands no one gives two shits about. JoS is one of the best long songs out there. Just because you have poor music taste doesn't mean it's not good. You are in the minority in saying JoS is overrated.
So because those bands don't mainstream, then they suck? Lol. You should've learned it by now, that the underground bands are more unique and talented, than the mainstream shit.
The underground bands are underground for a reason. Only punk wannabes like you like them. Which is why they don't chart on the charts and no one has heard of them. Or even gives a shit about them.
Sure, we all like some unknown band. however, they cannot even compare the bands like Green Day.
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:JoS is overrated. Ok, it's one of Green Day's best songs, but come on, there are a lot of better long songs out.
- Converge - Jane Doe

You say that, then list off a bunch of bands no one gives two shits about. JoS is one of the best long songs out there. Just because you have poor music taste doesn't mean it's not good. You are in the minority in saying JoS is overrated.
So because those bands don't mainstream, then they suck? Lol. You should've learned it by now, that the underground bands are more unique and talented, than the mainstream shit.
The underground bands are underground for a reason. Only punk wannabes like you like them. Which is why they don't chart on the charts and no one has heard of them. Or even gives a shit about them.
Sure, we all like some unknown band. however, they cannot even compare the bands like Green Day.
... and the reason is that they're not fashionable and good looking, and they don't play the average catchy pop music for teen girls. :sosad: The bands I listed are not punks. Just read some professional critics about them (or look at them on wikipedia) and you'll know that they're acknowledged bands. For example, Converge's Jane Doe was chosen for the best album of the decade. I'm just saying this to let you know that they're not unknown bands. I don't really give a shit about critics.
Now I promise to not blame people for ignorance.
Last edited by soft-punker on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

To say that bands are automatically shit just because they're underground is highly ignorant.

If that's the case, Justin Bieber is the savior of music because he's the most popular artist right now. Even more than Green Day. So, Green Day sucks compared to him because they're not as popular right now.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

... and the reason is that they're not fashionable and good looking, and they don't play the average catchy pop music for teen girls. :sosad: The bands I listed are not punks. Just read some professional critics about them (or look at them on wikipedia) and you'll know that they're acknowledged bands. For example, Converge's Jane Doe was chosen for the best album of the decade. I'm just saying this to let you know that they're not unknown bands. I don't really give a shit about critics.
average catchy music for teen girls ???which bands do you mean ??
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

I mean all the bands/artist who play average catchy pop music for teen girls.

Oh, and what do you think about At the Drive In's One Armed Scissor? It's similiar to Billy Talent, isn't it?
Last edited by soft-punker on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

soft-punker wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

I mean all the bands/artist who play average catchy pop music for teen girls.

Oh, and what do you think about At the Drive In's One Armed Scissor? It's similiar to Billy Talent, isn't it?
I don't think so ...just a little bit ...but worse than BT ...and not too similar ...
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

You think Green Day is good looking? The guy wears eye liner. :roll:
I'll bet if you go out on the street, the average person wouldn't know who "Converge's Jane Doe" is. Even if they did get choosen for the "Best album of the decade" by some website/critic or whatever.
Jeremy Kill wrote:To say that bands are automatically shit just because they're underground is highly ignorant.
I did not say they were shit, at all. I said people don't give a shit about them. How many people here like The Years Gone By? I like them and i'll bet more than half of you don't know/care who they are.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Here is mine

Here is the Foo Fighters
Some of The Offspring, Pay the man ends at 8:08
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

I'll bet if you go out on the street, the average person wouldn't know who "Converge's Jane Doe" is. Even if they did get choosen for the "Best album of the decade" by some website/critic or whatever.
Jeremy Kill wrote:To say that bands are automatically shit just because they're underground is highly ignorant.
I did not say they were shit, at all. I said people don't give a shit about them. How many people here like The Years Gone By? I like them and i'll bet more than half of you don't know/care who they are.
I think he was just being sarcastic with that first bit with Green Day being good looking.

Of course people aren't going to know some random unsigned band that you like. Why would you expect them to? I think the point of this whole conversation is that Jesus of Suburbia is not the end all be all of good, long songs. Have you taken the time to listen to the songs that soft-punker listed? I thought the Mars Volta song was alright, but the one I liked the most was the one by La Dispute. Music is very subjective. The concept of a bad taste in music is almost non-existent because we all have different tastes. But we shouldn't dismiss a band just because we've never heard of them before. If people claimed to be music fans, but never bothered discovering new music because there were too many bands that weren't mainstream enough, then they wouldn't really be music fans.

Should I care that no one knows or gives a shit about audio/rocketry? I already know people here wouldn't care that much. But I'll tell you about them anyway in hopes of at least one person enjoying their music.

Imagine how boring this thread would be if we all just posted songs people already know and once Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming were named, the thread just stopped.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

I think he was just being sarcastic with that first bit with Green Day being good looking.

Of course people aren't going to know some random unsigned band that you like. Why would you expect them to? I think the point of this whole conversation is that Jesus of Suburbia is not the end all be all of good, long songs.
The title is "The Best Long Song", not "what are your favorite long songs". I have confidence saying that JoS would be voted a better song than an unsigned bands long song. Or even most signed bands songs.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Just Peter wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

Of course people aren't going to know some random unsigned band that you like. Why would you expect them to? I think the point of this whole conversation is that Jesus of Suburbia is not the end all be all of good, long songs.
The title is "The Best Long Song", not "what are your favorite long songs". I have confidence saying that JoS would be voted a better song than an unsigned bands long song. Or even most signed bands songs.
I'm pretty sure people are choosing their favorite long songs as the best long song. But I have confidence there's a Titus Andronicus song out there that people would choose over Jesus of Suburbia.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Just Peter wrote: The title is "The Best Long Song", not "what are your favorite long songs". I have confidence saying that JoS would be voted a better song than an unsigned bands long song. Or even most signed bands songs.
I personally would not vote for it, I find the song and the band overrated.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
- Converge - Jane Doe

I'm pretty sure people are choosing their favorite long songs as the best long song. But I have confidence there's a Titus Andronicus song out there that people would choose over Jesus of Suburbia.
Alright, but he did not say that bands name.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

soft-punker wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
soft-punker wrote:
aaaaaahahahahaha that's so fail what you just said. being mainstream or underground doesn't mean shit. a shitload of underground bands suck ass. that's why they're not well known

the green day songs are good. JoS i like a lot. stairway to heaven as well
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The last time I listened to Stairway to Heaven and November Rain was when I was 15 and drunk. Just recently I listened to these songs again back to back and realized how epic these songs are.
Sebejszczyn

Post by Sebejszczyn »

"So give me the drug, Keep me alive, Give me what's left of my life, Don't let me go..."