Your Top 5 Albums of 2009

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Your Top 5 Albums of 2009

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:
2712 wrote:I wouldn't call BT3 absolutely amazing, but it was a great album and I think it's just the type of album they had to put out. The only "faster" songs were Turn Your Back and Definition of Destiny, but I think thry did great with the hard-rock-groovish-songs like Rusted, Devil(2) and Dead Cant Testify. I'm more impressed with the bsides though, they were awesome and I have no idea why they weren't on the album. BN+BH couldve been a great hard rock single and DNTP couldve been a good hit on the pop charts. I do hope that for IV they do some faster songs, though.

Ps I'm abreviating because I'm on my iPod and I'm trying to save time.
Hmm I would consider Tears Into Wine and Saint Veronika as faster songs as well, even if not that heavy or anything, although I would say Saint Veronika is pretty heavy and with the screaming and all.
okay, ya i forgot how fast tears into wine was. it's actually kinda happy feeling but the lyrics aren't happy so it kinda slipped my mind that way. and Saint Veronika is a great heavier song as it gets to the bridge. i guess, overall i'd give the album a 8/10, but some songs are better than others.

but Wolfmother's Cosmic Egg was a surprise to me, i don't really like Wolfmother but that album sure came out and grabbed me, that's probably be my favourite album of the year.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

2712 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
2712 wrote:I wouldn't call BT3 absolutely amazing, but it was a great album and I think it's just the type of album they had to put out. The only "faster" songs were Turn Your Back and Definition of Destiny, but I think thry did great with the hard-rock-groovish-songs like Rusted, Devil(2) and Dead Cant Testify. I'm more impressed with the bsides though, they were awesome and I have no idea why they weren't on the album. BN+BH couldve been a great hard rock single and DNTP couldve been a good hit on the pop charts. I do hope that for IV they do some faster songs, though.

Ps I'm abreviating because I'm on my iPod and I'm trying to save time.
Hmm I would consider Tears Into Wine and Saint Veronika as faster songs as well, even if not that heavy or anything, although I would say Saint Veronika is pretty heavy and with the screaming and all.
okay, ya i forgot how fast tears into wine was. it's actually kinda happy feeling but the lyrics aren't happy so it kinda slipped my mind that way. and Saint Veronika is a great heavier song as it gets to the bridge. i guess, overall i'd give the album a 8/10, but some songs are better than others.

but Wolfmother's Cosmic Egg was a surprise to me, i don't really like Wolfmother but that album sure came out and grabbed me, that's probably be my favourite album of the year.
Sam here about the Wolfmother album. I'm not a big fan, I liked some songs from their first album, like Woman, Dimension and Joker & the Thief, mainly, but this second album was pretty fuckin' awesome. It had this cool vibe to it and it had just some kickass songs. Caroline has to be my fav song off the album. Back Round is great too.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

The "Carolina Liar" album was pretty good this year.

I'm sure i'll collaborate a list soon.
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

I think ill do my top 10, an amazing year in music. 2010 should be awesome too with sum 41, blink182, and a7x.

1.Let The Dominoes Fall - Rancid
2.Life Goes On - The Adicts
3.21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
4.The Resistance - Muse
5.Say Anything - Say Anything
6.Coaster - NOFX
7.III - Billy Talent
8.Raditude - Weezer
9.Artwork - The Used
10.The People or The Gun - Anti-Flag
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)