Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by Tyler. »

I think it's cool that they didn't "give in" to the general group of people that wanted it to be just like an old blink song. I'm talking about the people that thought it would be EOTS part 2, not the people that thought it'd be an Untitled continuation.

Honestly I think blink would've been very similar to this if they'd never broken up at release an album in 2005, Tom's voice just a little different.

I think it suits me well as well, I've grown up a bit and blink has grown up a bit which is cool. I didn't want it to be too pop punky like old blink.
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Post by patenttiftw »

I'm never gonna get into that song, the chorus sucks ass and no I didnt want an old school blink styled track I just wanted a catchy single goddammit and this for sure isn't one.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by 182sins »

I'm actually starting to like that song, it's not the best song they've ever made but it's cool to hear it from time to time.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

It's very non-Blink 182 imo.

At first I was like "Wtf is this?", because I didn't expect this to be Blink 182. It's more of an AVA/BCR-song, with a lot of effects etc in it.

After all it's decent, but I do expect more from this band.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler. wrote:I think it's cool that they didn't "give in" to the general group of people that wanted it to be just like an old blink song. I'm talking about the people that thought it would be EOTS part 2, not the people that thought it'd be an Untitled continuation.

Honestly I think blink would've been very similar to this if they'd never broken up at release an album in 2005, Tom's voice just a little different.

I think it suits me well as well, I've grown up a bit and blink has grown up a bit which is cool. I didn't want it to be too pop punky like old blink.
well, only douchebags could be so naive to expect them to get back to their roots when the guys themselves said like 20 000 times that they will pick up exactly where the last album ended, so who would listen to irrational people who just wanna hear Dude Ranch and so they make themselves believe that it will be exactly what Blink 182 want to make ?

and if AvA didn't exist, maybe I would find this sound progressive, but as AvA is a full-time band for Tom, then I only find the sound to be merging two bands into one while the other band still exists ... and I don't like that, but the rest of the album might be good ...

if not, it might happen to me that with the concert that I will be on next year, well, that I will start singing Flight Of Apollo when Up All Night will start ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

IMO, when they said that the new album would be a continuation of Untitled, I never expected anything pop punk like Enema or TOYPJ but I did however, hoped for mature heavy songs in the vein of Violence or Stockholm Syndrome, and not AvA... I hoped the "progress" they made isn't more electronic, more effects based AvA sound, though all along, I actually knew that 90% that it is gonna be such a sound. Still, I hope to sound something in the vein of Stockholm Syndrome on the album.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Hentaiman wrote:IMO, when they said that the new album would be a continuation of Untitled, I never expected anything pop punk like Enema or TOYPJ but I did however, hoped for mature heavy songs in the vein of Violence or Stockholm Syndrome, and not AvA... I hoped the "progress" they made isn't more electronic, more effects based AvA sound, though all along, I actually knew that 90% that it is gonna be such a sound. Still, I hope to sound something in the vein of Stockholm Syndrome on the album.
Just wait for the rest of the album before you complain and say blink is dead. It's like if Sum 41 released TFYTG or BYDWN as singles before they released the whole album. Obviously those two songs are different from the rest of the album and some fans didn't like those songs at first, but the album was still good for them for the most part. They said they have experimental songs and this is obviously one of them, but they also have throwback songs. Also it is inevitable that part of the new blink sound will be AvA, 1/3 of the band is in said band.

Why else do you think Sum 41 was doing Alt Metal while Dave was in the band? Because Dave was a metalhead. You can not just change the way you write for bands, especially if you are the singer/songwriter in both.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Raku wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:IMO, when they said that the new album would be a continuation of Untitled, I never expected anything pop punk like Enema or TOYPJ but I did however, hoped for mature heavy songs in the vein of Violence or Stockholm Syndrome, and not AvA... I hoped the "progress" they made isn't more electronic, more effects based AvA sound, though all along, I actually knew that 90% that it is gonna be such a sound. Still, I hope to sound something in the vein of Stockholm Syndrome on the album.
Just wait for the rest of the album before you complain and say blink is dead. It's like if Sum 41 released TFYTG or BYDWN as singles before they released the whole album. Obviously those two songs are different from the rest of the album and some fans didn't like those songs at first, but the album was still good for them for the most part. They said they have experimental songs and this is obviously one of them, but they also have throwback songs. Also it is inevitable that part of the new blink sound will be AvA, 1/3 of the band is in said band.

Why else do you think Sum 41 was doing Alt Metal while Dave was in the band? Because Dave was a metalhead. You can not just change the way you write for bands, especially if you are the singer/songwriter in both.
Yeah I agree that this way it could be the same point of view on SBM if BYDWK or TFYTG would be the first single off SBM and ppl would find it weird. That's exactly why it wasn't the first single and the title track was a good representation of the album.. that's what first singles are meant to mostly. They don't have to be the best songs on the album or anything.. but just to showcase the direction mostly.. to show the sound of the album, etc. That's why you'll never have an experimental song or a power ballad as a first single.. maybe the second or third single but not first. That's why if it's just an experimental Ava-esque song and there are many more traditional Blink sounding songs on the album then Up All Night shouldn't've been the first single..
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Raku wrote:

I didn't read him saying Blink is dead :-S
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah I agree that this way it could be the same point of view on SBM if BYDWK or TFYTG would be the first single off SBM and ppl would find it weird. That's exactly why it wasn't the first single and the title track was a good representation of the album.. that's what first singles are meant to mostly. They don't have to be the best songs on the album or anything.. but just to showcase the direction mostly.. to show the sound of the album, etc. That's why you'll never have an experimental song or a power ballad as a first single.. maybe the second or third single but not first. That's why if it's just an experimental Ava-esque song and there are many more traditional Blink sounding songs on the album then Up All Night shouldn't've been the first single..
Well I think they released it as a symbolic (end of road) type of thing. I mean ever since 2009 this band has been full of delays and this is the very first song they wrote when they reunited... This song was supposed to be released before the first ever tour and was much lighter than the heavy version we have now according to accounts from Mark.
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I didn't read him saying Blink is dead :-S
I know, I was referencing another post earlier in the thread. I tend to lurk through this thread to read others opinions XD
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I think they wanted to show where they've gone with the new tracks with this first track. If they have say, one or two throwback songs on the album, and they released one as a first single then people would have hopes for the album sounding like that when it wouldn't. I think most of the album will be like UAN, which I don't have a problem with but others might
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL AT THE ROCK SHOW
or are we still talking about Up All Night?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

I thought we were talking about Angels And Airwaves alter-ego band for the whole time !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

There's no way this album is gonna be in stores on the 27th of September.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Lars wrote:There's no way this album is gonna be in stores on the 27th of September.
?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

the another new song should be called ''Even If She Falls'' ...
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Tyler. wrote:
Lars wrote:There's no way this album is gonna be in stores on the 27th of September.
?
I guess he doubts it'll be ready by then... September 27th seems reasonable to me.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
?
I guess he doubts it'll be ready by then... September 27th seems reasonable to me.
Yeah blink is done with it. All that's being done now is a guy adding a few piano parts, mixing and mastering. There's no chance that's gonna take more than 2 months from now... It could easily be done by early August, then it's just marketing.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Tyler. wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
?
Yeah blink is done with it. All that's being done now is a guy adding a few piano parts, mixing and mastering. There's no chance that's gonna take more than 2 months from now... It could easily be done by early August, then it's just marketing.

remember sum 41????

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Stef wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
?

remember sum 41????
Blink-182's label still appreciates their music.

And the label knows it will make them a lot of money. They have no reason to delay it, they have every reason to release it. Sum 41 is miniscule to Island in terms of money making so it was the last thing on their mind to release.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.