Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by patenttiftw »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
patenttiftw wrote:I DON'T LIKE THE SONG AT ALL EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHH
.. you come back after how long and you say that?
I'm not a huge fan of the single artwork.
Been a while:SSs I find most of these discussions you guys have here nowadays prittie hard to join :balling:
Last edited by patenttiftw on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:Lol Tyler you are so defensive of this band.
I don't care if people don't like it, my Y U TROLLING BRO comments were obviously jokes. But someone that says the band died in 2003 is just a dumb ass, they're fucking back. I'm happy if people like it and I'm fine with people that don't like it, because no one's abusing the band for the most part, saying they died already is just stupid

Also all track lists out there at the moment are bullshit!

edit: wtf that post came out not making much sense english wise, oh well
Last edited by Tyler. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Tyler. wrote:
I don't care if people don't like it, my Y U TROLLING BRO comments were obviously jokes. But someone that says the band died in 2003 is just a dumb ass, they're fucking back. I'm happy if people like it and I'm fine with people that don't like it, because no one's abusing the band for the most part, saying they died already is just stupid

But if you go and look up their previously singles over the years, this is the worst they ever dropped.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

DeryckW wrote:
Tyler. wrote:

But if you go and look up their previously singles over the years, this is the worst they ever dropped.
Eh, not at all, it's just not your taste. Dammit and The Rock Show are far more generic and unimaginative than this song. I think I prefer Feeling This still, and some other non singles but it's a great song.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Honestly? I've never enjoyed a Blink single for any other reason that it being catchy and rocky. The only meaningful song which attracted me was Adam's Song, and the lyrics in that were just plain awful. Up All Night is neither.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I can't understand how someone wouldn't find the verse catchy as fuck and the chorus the same and rocking. I can understand some problems with the other parts, but it's one of the best blink verses I've heard (just the verse part, not prechorus only Tom part)
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

it's simple, because the Tom's part sounds too much like AvA, and even thought I really do like AvA, I don't want just two or three bands merged into one, I expect something new and original from their new album ...

they said this albums is supposed to be their last album with a little progress, do they find adding some AvA into it progress ? Cause I don't, If AvA didn't exist, I probably wouldn't give a fuck, because as I said, I like Angels, but as AvA does exist, fuck it, I don't like hearing the same stuff in two different bands, it's useless as fuck
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

It's just Tom's voice, and he can't change that so that's how the new songs are gonna sound. He sings differently now. It's not really "AVA" it's just how Tom is now. It's not gonna change on the other songs for you guys that didn't like this, I don't think there'll be much for you to like on the album
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I also don't like all these electronic sounds. It's like they're turning into Good Charlotte or something.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

At least Samuel likes it :devious:

This might make some people happy as well haha

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well, fuck it then, I'll buy the tickets for the festival in Prague that they will headline anyway ;) (I just wish they wouldn't cancel it this year, cause I would be more satisfied with more songs from their self-titled album, and this way some of them probably will be pushed away by the new songs :(, I even had high hopes for hearing Stockholm Syndrome live :P)

but if Blink 182 hadn't cancel their attendance this year, then The Hives would never be called as a substitute, and The Hives put up a great show, a real fucking awesome unbelievable show ! So I'm kinda alriiiiight XD

and I wouldn't be so sure, imo a real artist can be in two bands with different sounds, and he also can bring something new to the other band, not just fill it with what he already has in his other band XD cause maybe he can't stop singing the 'AvA' way(which is for an artist a pretty sad thing), but he still can stop using the effects, can't he ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

FuckT41182 wrote:cause maybe he can't stop singing the 'AvA' way(which is for an artist a pretty sad thing), but he still can stop using the effects, can't he ?
I don't know, I think Mark would not be opposed to these effects these days, in fact I think he probably likes a bit of effects in the background, so I don't think the rest of the record will be without it. Blink has changed but are as awesome as ever, I'm happy I liked the song, even if I didn't i was just going to be happy that they released it and were totally back.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Tyler. wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:cause maybe he can't stop singing the 'AvA' way(which is for an artist a pretty sad thing), but he still can stop using the effects, can't he ?
I don't know, I think Mark would not be opposed to these effects these days, in fact I think he probably likes a bit of effects in the background, so I don't think the rest of the record will be without it. Blink has changed but are as awesome as ever, I'm happy I liked the song, even if I didn't i was just going to be happy that they released it and were totally back.
I guess that my expectations were a little high, you know ...

I listen to tons of music since 1940 to 2011, and there are some really great albums put out throughout the history of music(Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Guns 'n Roses and many other bands managed to put out some masterpieces, some of them even more of 'em...)

and you know, I totally love Blink's stuff before the self-titled album, but the self-titled album is the only one by Blink 182 that I could put in this pocket full of masterpiece albums, and judging by the new song, their new album probably won't be there for me ... I really thought they can do something brilliant again, but nothing's lost, the album is still just on it's way
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I was never expecting anything like Untitled, so I guess that's why I wasn't too freaked out by this. However I will admit, the first time I played it, I thought I had yet again been rick rolled, until the first vocals kicked in and I jizzed my pants.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

I like new single, listened to it over 30 times already,
It sounds like Box Car Racer with bit of AVA in there I agree. I wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me after 3 or 4 listens, I like it but I hope they're are better songs on the new album

Tom probably sings more properly now to be honest, painkillers changed his voice quite bit, but old voice was great cos it was the unique Tom blink sound, but I like both all the same !
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I've never actually listen to Box Car Racers. I might soon.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by 182sins »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I've never actually listen to Box Car Racers. I might soon.
I like some of their songs a lot, especially Letter To God, I Feel So, There is and Watch The World!
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Even though most of you hate the new song, listen to I'm Lost Without You and then transition to UAN right away because it flows nicely IMO XD
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Tyler. wrote:Eh, not at all, it's just not your taste. Dammit and The Rock Show are far more generic and unimaginative than this song. I think I prefer Feeling This still, and some other non singles but it's a great song.
M+M's
Wasting Time
Lemmings
Dammit
Apple Shampoo
Dick Lips
Josie
What's My Age Again?
All the Small Things
Adam's Song
Man Overboard
Dumpweed
The Rock Show
First Date
I Won't Be Home for Christmas
Stay Together for the Kids
Feeling This
I Miss You
Down
Always
Not Now
This is all Singles Blink has released, besides "Up All Night". The only songs can possible can be worse then "Up All Night" is "Man Overboard" and the Christmas song. But this is just my opinion, I accept yours and will not try and change it. Just like you should not try and change other peoples opinions about the new Blink.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I'm not going to lie, I don't like it. I'm slightly disappointed, but at the same time this is the sound I was kind of expecting. oh well, there's still a full album worth of songs to wait for and hopefully fall in love with.