Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well i never heard of them playing the ending of Slipping Away with cellos :o
Anyone has a link to hear it?
Well, and yet, its not the whole song.

Anyway, i would like to hear Another Time Around live too, cuz i've never heard it live and i got some bootlegs from the HHOP days.

and yeah, i agree about the GCY era being a exception about the setlists, from listening to different bootlegs and such. they basically copied themselves every night with same songs and speeches, but at least those who got to see The Bitter End live are very lucky. it was rarely played, but yeah, except for that most of the known shows from the GCY tour were the same.

On the other hand, in the DTLI days, they varied alot, adding sometimes stuff from AKNF they played less than others (All She's Got, Heart Attack for example) or doing lots of Grab the Devil (well they always did that, except for now... :cry: ), or covers like Iron Maiden's The Trooper and Pennywise's Bro Hymn.

Now they try to vary again, and do it sometimes , adding CYLB and SOTD sometimes to the setlist, but thats basically it. instead of bringing back stuff like No Brains, 88, No Reason or Bitter End to make the setlist fresh , or some older stuff like Handle This or Mr. Amsterdam, so they at least try to be better than on the GCY tour.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i read somewhere that linkin park is swtiching up there set list every night and some songs they never have/rarely play will be fetured. and after you are finished at the show, there will be an email for you will mp3's of the whole concert.

that is just too cool. too bad they never come to Canada! :x
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I didnt get it.

You mean they will play rare songs and stuff and then email a recordings of those to the fans? :o
If thats what it, its just weird, but cool for fans.

Anyway, too bad i hate LP.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, the setlist for the Strength In Numbers Tour looked pretty boring to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the songs they had on there, but they were basically just the singles and songs that have been on past setlists for who knows how long.

I doubt we'll see The Bitter End being played live any time soon.

I agree that more Underclass Hero songs should be thrown in to promote the album better.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

^ ya , but i think its just to fans in their LP underground" (official fan club)

Follow me on Twitter!
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Where can I see the setlists? I'm curious to know whats in there.

I think that now when Dave is gone, there isn't gonna be The Bitter End, 88 or Grab The Devil in the setlist of any show :cry: Please prove me wrong! haha
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

They haven't played the Bitter End since 2004...

I think they played 88 once this tour? Maybe?
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I hope they did and that they will do more of it, though Grab the Devil is gone. too bad.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Phili wrote:They haven't played the Bitter End since 2004...

I think they played 88 once this tour? Maybe?
They played The Bitter End in Minneapolis in May 2005.

In UH era, they play the instrumental part of 88 in the end of The Hell Song or Motivation in every show, but I'm not sure if they've played the whole song.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

At Musique Plus they played a short bit of 88 after Motivation, but that's not something new for this tour. They did that back in the Chuck era a few times as well, when they weren't otherwise playing the whole song.

As far as which songs are probably not coming back anytime soon because of Dave leaving, it's hard to say. I think it depends most on Tom's ability to play them. Grab the Devil is not that hard to play, and I'm sure Tom could pull it off. The Bitter End is probably really pushing it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was too much for him to pull off. He could probably pull off the solos in 88, although he omitted them when they played that little bit of it after Motivation. No Brains would probably be cake for him, as the solo really isn't that hard.
kevin5064
Hooch

Re: Very few UH songs on setlist.

Post by kevin5064 »

Blastero wrote:Does anyone else dislike the fact that, especially compared to earlier tours, Sum 41 has put very few new songs on their setlist for their recent shows?

When I saw them in Chicago on 9/28, they played Underclass Hero, Walking Disaster, March of the Dogs and King of Contradiction. From what I've gathered, those are pretty much the same ones they played in most other places.

Not only is that less than half of the new songs, and correct me if I'm wrong, but save King of Contradiction, those songs in particular were already pretty well known before the album came out.

I find this kind of disappointing, and odd, considering that on past tours, they'd put almost their entire new album on the setlist.
i saw them a day before you on 9/27, was it just my show or did they only play for an hour...not an hour and a half, not two hours, one fucking hour. the energy wasnt really there and they cut some songs up
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

when you start having a large catalogue of songs to play, its easier to play the same ones every night, while keeping it fresh if they decide to try a new song live.

i remember they played some say for the first time live on the first date of the go chuck yourself tour in montreal. Afterwards, even deryck said that they did a shit job lol
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Actually, i'm pretty sure Tom could even pull off The Bitter End to speak of Grab the Devil that i play myself all the time, and of course 88 and No Brains would be easy for him.
I just think they don't play those cuz its kinda like Dave songs, those are the songs where Dave used to go crazy on them, the ones where he was highlighted and all, so probably thats why they don't play them, cuz Tom definitely can play them, just listen to the latest Gob album.

oh, and btw, they played Angels with Dirty Faces only once, at the Chuck promo show.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Hentaiman wrote:oh, and btw, they played Angels with Dirty Faces only once, at the Chuck promo show.
I've definitely seen at least one other live performance of Angels With Dirty Faces other than the Chuck promo.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

where can i watch the Chuck Promo show?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

look it up on youtube

tags: sum 41 french tv canal + plus
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

They should put No Reason back on the setlist. It's not at all hard to play and it's a great song.

They probably don't/won't play The Bitter End or Grab the Devil much anymore since Deryck has become lazy guitarist and theres no one to keep happy in the band now that Dave left.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Gunner wrote:They should put No Reason back on the setlist. It's not at all hard to play and it's a great song.

They probably don't/won't play The Bitter End or Grab the Devil much anymore since Deryck has become lazy guitarist and theres no one to keep happy in the band now that Dave left.
Err...
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

Gunner wrote:They should put No Reason back on the setlist.
yes. yes, yes, yes, yes. yes.

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

HilgaMan wrote:
Gunner wrote:They should put No Reason back on the setlist. It's not at all hard to play and it's a great song.

Err...
What?